Thursday 16th February 2012 Daiwa Hallcroft Veterans Open
Moat Pool (32 Pegs)
1. D Slaymaker (Bait-Tech), 40-9-0; peg island 39
Don Slaymaker was today’s clear winner in this veterans match with a decent net of all Skimmers taken at 10m on the pole using maggot and ground bait.
2. M Thompson (Sure Sheds), 28-4-0; peg island 54
Malc Thompson fished a maggot feeder to the middle of moat where he caught carp to 8lbs in his second place net.
3. B Rance (Retford Honda) & D Downes (Killamarsh ), 21-0-0; peg island 41 & 68
Third place was a tie with Barry Rance catching on pole and caster and Dave Downes using bomb and hair rigged corn.
5. B Sullivan (Maltby), 19-3-0; 6 N Wood (Mansfield), 18-1-0;
Friday 17th February 2012 Daiwa Hallcroft Open
Croft Pool (8 pegs)
1. N Speed (Shimano Dynamite), 41-9-0, peg 20
Nick Speed won today’s match with a nice mixed net of carp, skimmers and tench, all caught on a long pole with expander pellet over micro feed pellets.
2. K Pacey (Gainsborough), 25-12-0, peg 26
Ken Pacey took second place with a net of all silverfish which comprised of mainly small tench and skimmers all caught on 4mm pellets.
3. S Stockley, (Vespe), 20-8-0, peg 9
Shaun Stockley fished caster over groundbait and caught roach and skimmers for third spot.
Saturday 18th February 2012 Daiwa Hallcroft Open
Moat (23 pegs)
1.D Boswell, Bryden AC, peg island 61 67-4-0
Dave Boswell fished alternated between a pellet cone and a bomb and hairrigged corn to catch mainly carp and a few bream to win today’s match with 67-4-0, all caught from the middle of the lake.
2. S Clark, Mansfield Sensas, peg outer 54 60-10-0
Steve Clark took second place with a nice mixed net of carp and skimmers taken on a long pole line using expander pellet over feed pellets.
3. S Shepherd, Worksop, peg island 47 52-6-0
Steve Shepherd fished a pellet feeder with banded pellet and corn to catch carp and skimmers for third place.
4 S Gray, Worksop, 40-2-0
5 S Robbins, MAP Leegem, 34-0-0
6 A Sellars, Bankside Tackle, 30-2-0
Sunday Teams of 4 Silverfish League 19th February 2012 Daiwa Hallcroft
1. A Oldham, Halkon Hunt, 16-12-0, peg Bridge Isl 7
Following a drop in temperature overnight, the fishing turned out to be harder than expected. Andy Oldham battled against a head wind to fish expander pellet on the pole at 11m over a bed of micro pellet to catch skimmers for victory in today’s silverfish match.
2. D Dare, Marukyu, 15-10-0, peg Bridge Isl 13
Dave Dare took second spot with a net of skimmers all caught on maggot at 11m on the pole over small balls of groundbait.
3. A Payling, Peg One, Moat Isl 43
Arnie Payling fished the pole at 8m using pinkies and pellets to catch skimmer bream to 2lbs and third place.
4. B Sullivan, MAP Leegem, 10-14-0;
5. S Clark, Mansfield Sensas, 10-10-0;
6. J Hobson, Veterans, 9-15-0
Teams on the day
1. Peg One – 8pts
2. Halkon Hunt – 9pts
Sunday 19th February 2012 Daiwa Hallcroft Open
Reed/Croft (25 pegs)
1. L Wright, MAP Leegem, peg Croft 14, 42-4-0;
2. S Stockley, Vespe, peg Reed 10 34-14-0
3. M Edgecombe, MAP Leegem, peg Reed 42, 30-8-0;
4. M Thorpe, MAP Leegem, 24-12-0;