This year’s match was held on one of the hottest days of the year when temperatures touched 30 degrees centigrade. Yet despite this, the venue fished really well with thirty five competitors recording double figure weights and better.
The winning team was Campsmount Academy from Doncaster who scored an impressive 47 points out of a possible fifty five. The team was made up of Kian Rustling, who led the way with a section win, Joshua Butler, Henry Evans, Jack Waugh and Brandon Chambers.
In second place and only two points behind were Minsthorpe Community College A from South Emsall. Their team was made up by Jack McAllister, Dylan Parks, Logan Jones, Daniel Bryan and Levi Bateman.
In third place with a score of 39 points were Kettering Buccleuch Academy A with 39 points.
1) Campsmount Academy A 47 points
2) Minsthorpe Academy A 45 points
3) Kettering Buccleuch Academy A 39 points
4) Haven High Academy 37 points
5) Dinnington High School 35 points
6) Outwood Academy Valley Blue 34 points
7) Kettering Buccleuch Academy B 33 points
8) Outwood Valley Academy Red 26 points
8) Swanwick Hall School A 26 points
10) Swanwick Hall School B 25 points
11) Carre’s Grammar School 24 points
The individual winner was Luke Easy fishing for Dinnington High School on peg 23 on Moat Pool. Luke weighed in 24.230kg which consisted of several good carp backed up with some quality bream. He fished a variety of baits alternating between the long pole and the straight lead.
Second place went to Ab Zidani from Haven High Academy who weighed in 23.070kg from peg 47 on Moat Pool. Ab caught some quality carp on the long pole fishing luncheon meat.
In third place fishing peg 2 on Canal Pool was Kian Rusling from Campsmount Academy. Kian caught a good net of small carp fishing pellet on the long pole weighing 21.000kg.
Top Ten Individuals
1) Luke Easy Dinnington High School Moat peg 23 24.230kg
2) Ab Zidani Haven High Academy Moat peg 47 23.070kg
3) Kian Rusling Campsmount Academy Canal Peg 2 21.000kg
4) Jake McAllister Minsthorpe Community College A Moat peg 63 20.410kg
5) Ben Stirzacker Kettering Buccleuch A Moat peg 90 19.130kg
6) Ben Garton Kettering Buccleuch B Canal 12 16.320kg
7) Kitty Le Bosquet Swanwick Hall School B Canal peg 6 16.070kg
8) Mark Peacock Outwood Valley Academy Blue Moat peg 29 15.960kg
9) Jay Gill Outwood Valley Academy Red Moat peg 87 15.570kg
10) Cameron Kennedy Outwood Valley Academy Blue Canal peg 16 15.260kg
Luke Easy Dinnington High School
Ab Zidani Haven High Academy
Ben Stirzacker Kettering Buccleuch Academy A
Dylan Morgan Haven High Academy
Kian Rusling Campsmount Academy
The winner of the Jeff Woodcock memorial trophy for the top female angler went to Kitty La Bosquet of Swanwick hall School B.
Many thanks to Hall Croft Fishery for once again hosting the event and to Daiwa Sports for their generous sponsorship ensuring all the competitors received prizes.