A Sign Of The Times?

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing A Sign Of The Times?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  TF_Spuds1 6 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

TF_Paddy

I have been thinking how slow the sales area of TF has been for a while now, compared only to a year ago which was really, really busy.
    I think these stats show and reflect how tight money must be at the moment and reflect the sign of the times.

Post on Buy/Sells = 20
    Replies = 25!
    Read/Viewed = 3383!

Wow!

There are some great bargains on there, but not many replies.
    I know that people may have pm’d the sellars, or phoned them in some instances, but i suppose 3383 Views over 20 posts (1 page) shows that the site is really busy with traffic, but not alot happening on second hand gear? I would have thought that the second hand market would be up in these tight times?

TF_mrrbpoole

I think people have things that they want to sell but naturally want as much as they can for it. In the present climate people havnt got as much disposable income as they once had so are hanging onto it. Ebay is pants at the moment, very little on there to look at as well, so it become a bit of vicious circle. 🙁

I can’t comment on what was happening a year ago as I wasn’t looking, but personally speaking I’ve sold a Daiwa seatbox, and bought a rod.

Thinking about it, I did PM the seller of the rod without posting 🙂

TF_GLEBE1

I think the whole site has been quiet since the re-vamp, as i write this theres only 14 members online, down the road is bustling with over 100 members online.

@glebe1 wrote:

I think the whole site has been quiet since the re-vamp, as i write this theres only 14 members online, down the road is bustling with over 100 members online.

That’s 14 members in the Coarse & Match forum, if you go to the main board index it will show you all users over the whole site.

Also, this forum is open, you don’t need to be logged in to read posts, so a lot of people will only log in when they want to post. Guests are people who are looking at the site but not logged in, there tends to be a lot more, but this is quite a large site so they may not necessarily be on the forum.

TF_GLEBE1

@admin wrote:

@glebe1 wrote:

That’s 14 members in the Coarse & Match forum, if you go to the main board index it will show you all users over the whole site.

Also, this forum is open, you don’t need to be logged in to read posts, so a lot of people will only log in when they want to post. Guests are people who are looking at the site but not logged in, there tends to be a lot more, but this is quite a large site so they may not necessarily be on the forum.

Ive only ever used the Coarse and Match section, imo theres less going on than there used to be before the re-vamp, less topics and less members discussing,.

Ive just looked back at the last 3 pages in this section thats a total of 60 threads started, theres only 12 of them that have had over 10 responses, some of them have next to none.
    Thats what i mean by quiet

TF_Spuds1

I have had no probelms selling gear on the site at all . This year I have sold two Garbolino poles and 2 seatbox for the following prices.

1.Gmax 1000 standard package for £1150
    2.Gmax power carp 14.5m (brand new uncut) £650
    3.D36 ST with lots of toys £750
    4.D25 Rive station for £200

The trick is to set the apropriate price and not the dream price people think they are going to get for it , be realistic with yoru sale price and don’t expect the high prices you will get on ebay . remeber e-bay sales have to have 10% commison taken form the price , listing and paypal fees as well . As a guide see what they are selling for on e-bay and lower it by 20% to sell it on this site .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.