airity or z12

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing airity or z12

This topic contains 29 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  TF_iansi01354 5 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

TF_sillysod

has anyone tried both,wot are your opinions?

TF_baitchef
    Participant

The airity will hold its value better.

TF_craigm

The Z12 is longer, stiffer and comes with a better package IMO and won’t come apart when shipping in and out.
    BUT you can get replacement Daiwa sections usually within 3 days and there are always plenty of 2nd hand sections for sale.
    I still bought a Garbolino M1 though because I thought it was the best of both worlds. 😉 😉

TF_Big Finn
    Participant

@craigm wrote:

The Z12 is longer, stiffer and comes with a better package IMO and won’t come apart when shipping in and out.
    BUT you can get replacement Daiwa sections usually within 3 days and there are always plenty of 2nd hand sections for sale.
    I still bought a Garbolino M1 though because I thought it was the best of both worlds. 😉 😉

You can get a Z12 replacement section with 3 days also mate. :rolleyes: 😉

TF_craigm

You can get a Z12 replacement section with 3 days also mate. :rolleyes: ;)[/quote]

Lets not get into that debate mate, I just know it took me 17 days to get a replacement No4 for my Z9 where as my Airity No6 was 3 days. Saying that my G10 No5 took ages as Garbolino shut down for 6 weeks or something in the summer. :rolleyes:

TF_Big Finn
    Participant

I dont get into debates anymore buddy lol :p 😀 😉 😮

I got number 4 for my z12 in 4 days. My fault that I bust it .

TF_superg10

i have recently joined browning spa so have just brought a z12 and can honestly say its very nice pulla kits are perfect lentgh and very strong . i had my garbo g 10 for a few years now compared to the g10 its slightly longer better finish and as stiff but a lot lighter the flatt butts are brilliant they start from the no5 all the way to 16mtr section so no worries about putting your elbow through a section . i have been using it for about 2 months now and had some big fish and big weights on it very happy with it. i was reluctant to sell my g10 but im more than happy i have replaced it with the z 12

TF_baitchef
    Participant

TF_carpa22
    Participant

See what you mean baitchef.

Yes it doesn’t do it credit on the film at all. I would like to see the same angle for other poles. In his commentary Mark is very complimentary about the stiffness of the pole, ‘especially usefull for slapping the rig’ he says!

Certainly my pole is very straight, as good as any others on the bank.

TF_baitchef
    Participant

Its got to be straight, but its funny how the wrong angle can make a pole look just wrong!!
    You see it often in the angling press, where they are bigging up a pole only for it to be accompanied by an unflattering picture. My mate has a pro x and from the opposite bank it looks floppy, go stand next to him and its poker straight.
    I’d still go for the Airity though, ha ha.

TF_Anthonywaters
    Participant

Yeah looks a bit droopy draws unless that were 19m

TF_mart4666

banana’s are not usually that bent, seen straighter curtain rings lol. think its all to do with that camera angle, sure its not relly THAT bent but think i’ll stick with my garbo M1 for now. 😉

TF_superg10

any pole from that angle will look like that just get your mate to hold yours at 16 mtr then go across the other side off lake you will be surprised how floppy it looks diawas bend all the way through garbos just the butt sections they look like they would snap but they dont there more or less the same as z12. trust me i used a g10 for a few years and it is as stiff at that i even had a comments of my freind who said it was better than his gmax 1000

That extra foot would put it right through the front window of my car 🙁

The Z12 goes into my Mondeo easily enough. Nowhere near the gear stick.

had a chat with the maver rep at fishermans cabin and had a go with the maver elite carp pole which also has the longer sections he said it was more than likely the way forward for pole design as longer joints means a stiffer pole, however I don’t like them, not only storage and transportation problems but also a pain to fish with if you have a steep bank behind you and not much room where you can’t have to much pole sticking behind you,are the poles that much stiffer for using longer joints? with the angling trust implementing a maximum 16m length I would prefer to go for the airity just because it has the shorter joints than the z12,then again I would proberbly go for the superceeded z9 instead of the airity tough call

Sorry Fred but the z12 is better than the z9 if it fits im your car! With the half sections from the 5th onwards your comments about room behind are unfounded. The z12 has a better package thsn the z9 by the way.

Tricast apparently have a new pole due next year to supercede the popular trilogy- be interesting to see whether or not they opt for the long section format- apparently toyed with it some years back because longer sections equal more rigidity- but decided not to then.
    That makes Browing, Maver and Sensas all utilizing this long butt section format now.

Waveney one I don’t disagree that the z12 pole is stiffer/better in your opinion however do I want to drive dangerously with the rod holdall covering the handbrake or impeeding the gearstick? simple answer is no, lifes to short without endangering life by impeeding your driving, fishing is a hobby not the be all and end all, I have a diesal focus estate which isn’t as small as some cars my rods at present just about go in down the centre without going past the front seats and thats as far as I want them to go, so these longer section poles may be stiffer but I won’t be using one, hopefully daiwa will stick to using good quality carbon and more hi tec resins to improve the poles stiffness not gimmicks. As for tricast they have been using the same mandrell for years, I’ll be surprised if we see any change thier!

TF_houlty

back to the airity i am thinking of buying one just wondering about the big bore
    tops do i really need these,and will tackle shops swap them for macth no2s,with
    the new airity do you not get short no4s finally where can i get the best deal.
    thanks steve.

Fred, I wasn’t suggesting anyone should put their lives at risk! indeed I said that the Z12 was better than the Z9 if it fitted in your car. However as you had said in an earlier post that you would buy a Z9 in preference to an Airity – “just because it has the shorter joints than the z12,then again I would proberbly go for the superceeded z9 instead of the airity tough call” I thought that I would point out that in my mates opinion the Z12 is better than the Z9. I have never had an Airity or Z9 so I cannot compare them directly other the price and packages on offer.

If it fits the car then buy a Z12 as it is a better pole than the Z9 with a better package. If you prefer small cars, like having the ‘in gear’ and have loads of cash then get an airity.

TF_carpa22
    Participant

Houlty
    I changed all my bbpk No1 for the match No2s pole even better balance/performance wise once i had done this.

TF_GLEBE1

@houlty wrote:

back to the airity i am thinking of buying one just wondering about the big bore
    tops do i really need these,and will tackle shops swap them for macth no2s,with
    the new airity do you not get short no4s finally where can i get the best deal.
    thanks steve.

I binned all the big bores and had just match kits when I bought mine, had power kits with my other poles and didn’t like the fact that they performed differently and you had to faff with different size tosspots etc
    Plenty strong enough that’s for sure.

I bought mine from Nathan’s, just up the road from you and he was happy to swap the kits over.

TF_houlty

thanks for replies i have power kits with my pro and never used them.
    will call nathens tomorrow.

waveney one I wasn’t suggesting that you were proposing to put anglers lives at risk :rolleyes: just expressing my preferance for the z9 over the z12 for quite a number of reasons, having chatted to a couple of the browning lads and close mates who use the z9 they are sticking with the z9 as they reckon the differance ain’t that much, with the added hassle of longer sections and a higher price tag why change! What I would also say is that if longer sections increase stiffness manufacturers may be inclined to hike up pole prices for the so called minimal added stiffness when in fact the same quantity of carbon material is being used.

I do wonder what’s the point of these ‘what pole should I buy’ sort of threads. They invariably end up with the owners of the said poles getting all defensive about their chosen one…

If you’re going to spend £2-3k on a bit of kit you need to actually hold it yourself to make your mind up. See what’s about on your circuit. Who’s using what? Have they had many breakages? Find out about spares availability.

Personally I wouldn’t buy a pole that had just come out. Wait 6 months and you’ll end up with some useful info on how it performs.

The fact is there’s probably not a lot between any of the top end poles.

TF_gazer

have to agree with kager we all get exited when new top of range poles come out [ tho most of us will never afford 1 ] but good example is chap asking about value of pole on this page listed as good condition but look there are atleast 3 breakages listed

Sillysod, in my opinion the difference in performance will probably be marginal as it seems to be with many flagship poles. Practicality may be an issue with the long sections but its your call based on your car / van / storage etc

Try them out, see what you think but until you have elastic fitted, toss pot on and are fishing in a breeze you still won’t really know. Unless you can get along to a clubbie or match were you know a few guys with them you are going to have to take a chance with your £2k+ which seems bizzare but either way you won’t go far wrong!

I have the Airity for no other reason than I like the TPro and the Airity is better…….I’m not going there re the Shimano, Garbo, Sensas, Browning, Tricast, Maver are better/worse/weaker /stronger/stiffer….I’ve been lucky to have what I would consider 4 flagship poles over the years from 3 manufacturers and they were all very very good but everyone has a minor flaw in some ways!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.