Angling injury

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing Angling injury

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  TF_spotter1707 1 year, 10 months ago.

• Author

TF_Johnfish1

I was discussing with a mate my worst angling injury 2 events that really stick in my mind. Firstly as a kid I put a Mepps spinner in my pocket don’t ask me why but of course 1 of the trebles went into my leg subsequently removed at hospital I can’t quite remember wether the hook or the thick ear I got of my mother hurt more as they had to cut my new trousers.
    More recently slipped down a bank with box over my shoulder managed to fall on top of box and break two ribs now that really f*****g hurt and the worst thing other people find it funny.
    Still I bet someone can do better ????

TF_Paddy

Not sure if I can beat that, but I have got a pole float with Carbon stem stuck in a snag and gone for the pull. The float has come back like a rocket from 13 to 14m away and I thinks that’s a result.
    It had entered the palm of the hand and the stem was sticking 2″ out of the back of my hand.
    Carried on and fished the match and won it!
    Got home and it had swollen to super size, went to the quacks and subsequently had a needle up the arse, just for good measure!

TF_missabite

I can’t get anywhere near that.

I did watch one of those hospital programs and a guy got his lead snagged and when he pulled it it shot back and went through his eye socket and embedded in his head. The x ray was unbelievable. They operated and took it out. If I remember right he was lucky and didn’t lose the eye.

TF_geepster

I’ve had exactly that as well Paddy. Stem was so wedged into my hand I could only pull it out with my teeth. Lesson learnt. Could have been my eye.

Slipped down the bank & my left leg went under me rupturing all my quad muscles. Operation to re-attatch them, 6 weeks in plaster & 4 weeks physio! Thank God for mobile phones!!!

TF_Paddy

Ouch!

TF_orexina

Did a day for Help the Heros with a bunch of soldiers at a lake near me. We all packed up I put my rod holdall over my shoulder and pushed the trolly back to the car. Got to a small bridge made of old railway sleepers, out foot on bridge and next thing I’m lying on the deck with my leg twisted under me. My mates came and gave me a hand up and I checked everything was OK which it seemed to be. No pain or discomfort so proceeded back to the car. Packed the gear away and tried the car peddles, no problems so drove home……carefully.
    Missus didn’t like the look of me as she said I looked a bit gray so she took me to A&E to have it looked at. An x-ray of the ankle showed nothing so they sent me home with a pair of crutches and said take some painkillers. Leg didn’t feel right but I was going on holiday to Portugal so left it till I got back….nearly three weeks after I’d slipped. Went back to A&E and had it x-rayed again.and found it was broke in 2 places. As it wasn’t my weight bareing bone it never gave me any pain only swelling. Then they told me it was healing ok so just go home.

TF_orexina

Did a day for Help the Heros with a bunch of soldiers at a lake near me. We all packed up I put my rod holdall over my shoulder and pushed the trolly back to the car. Got to a small bridge made of old railway sleepers, out foot on bridge and next thing I’m lying on the deck with my leg twisted under me. My mates came and gave me a hand up and I checked everything was OK which it seemed to be. No pain or discomfort so proceeded back to the car. Packed the gear away and tried the car peddles, no problems so drove home……carefully.
    Missus didn’t like the look of me as she said I looked a bit gray so she took me to A&E to have it looked at. An x-ray of the ankle showed nothing so they sent me home with a pair of crutches and said take some painkillers. Leg didn’t feel right but I was going on holiday to Portugal so left it till I got back….nearly three weeks after I’d slipped. Went back to A&E and had it x-rayed again.and found it was broke in 2 places. As it wasn’t my weight bareing bone it never gave me any pain only swelling. Then they told me it was healing ok so just go home.

I got beaten off the next peg once, it hurt like hell 🙂

TF_steve r

@swimfeeder wrote:

I got beaten off the next peg once, it hurt like hell 🙂

Hi Bob long time mate ? I think your angling-related injury would blow most of these minor ones away ! LOL. 😎

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.