Another website

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing Another website

This topic contains 39 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 4 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

TF_riverswan

Hope Im not out of order here, if Iam please delete, but does anyone know what’s happened to the Matchfishing Scene site, I can’t seem to be able to access it, all Im getting is a page coming up, saying “CANNOT DISPLAY WEB PAGE”

Thanks

TF_MARKHLDAS

It’s strange….it was down for many last night, but I could get on via my phone but not laptop or desktop. all are IE9, tried chrome, firefox and others….no good.

Still the same Now Sunday 20:30 – site admin are aware

TF_MARKHLDAS

Just tried on my phone, Down!

I expect they are working on it

TF_scottyp

I can get on fine through a 3 dongle and IE

It’s been down for me since Friay night! It’s almost like we’re having withdrawal symptoms ha ha

Yep still the same here Monday am, phone, IPad and PC all returning an error message!

I wonder if the members will get a refund or extension on their membership?

Doubt we will get extended membership or anything. Bloody sites still down for me! Oh well

TF_Dodge

Bless !

TF_Paddy

Agent Geepster’s gone away……………….must of gone on a MFS hacking raid!

TF_boss bait
    Participant

serves you all right for paying for a forum when you have one here for free
    more fool you lot

The main reason forum sites sometimes go down is due to the server being powered by
    a trans phased,mutli quad inhibitor coil operating in a single quantum reality loop.this can sometimes offset the transmission beam,if it hits any of the floating sattelites left in orbit from the proposed star wars programme,and therefore the signal is deflected into space and not back to the sites main server compleing the active circuit and allowing site access.
    this is my excuse until someone else comes up with better bullshot.lol

TF_Paddy

He he he he…………………….!

TF_Spuds1

Either Billy did not pay the bill or the Web Hosting Company are French and are on holiday until mid September .

TF_Paddy

Small mercies?

TF_Dodge

Its going to get giddy one feels .

@spuds1 wrote:

Either Billy did not pay the bill or the Web Hosting Company are French and are on holiday until mid September .

I’ll stick with the French excuse. Halfway through it stops loading….. Very unlike those Frenchies!

TF_MarkT

@boss bait wrote:

more fool you lot

People wouldn’t have to go to other forums (paid or not) if this site had anything worth writing about. Many members ask questions and they go unanswered, the biggest threads barely go two pages, so you can see why people want something else.

It would of been nice of the site admin to at least let people know whats going on!

@markt wrote:

@boss bait wrote:

more fool you lot

People wouldn’t have to go to other forums (paid or not) if this site had anything worth writing about. Many members ask questions and they go unanswered, the biggest threads barely go two pages, so you can see why people want something else.

It would of been nice of the site admin to at least let people know whats going on!

I agree with your first point it seems very quiet on here by comparison.

But regards your second point I’m a bit confused how they are going to let people know, can’t PM you and can’t get a webpage up of any description at the mo even to say experiencing techinical difficulties? For all we know admin could have taken the site down to prevent fraudulent access to your personal data….highly unlikely though, I like the french fantasy haha!

Anonymous

People wouldn’t have to go to other forums (paid or not) if this site had anything worth writing about – Same things to write about on this forum as MFS or any other angling forum for that matter. More than 50 active threads on this part of the site in August alone which suggests that some members have something to say on this forum.

Many members ask questions and they go unanswered – Ask a reasonable question and im sure someone else will answer it. More than enough quality anglers who use this forum and are always happy to help.

the biggest threads barely go two pages, so you can see why people want something else – Clearly you dont visit this forum very often and your relatively new to this forum. There are some massive threads on this forum. Some of the very best angling threads ever created are on this forum.

Any forum is only as good as the members who open the threads with interesting questions or discussion points. Create a few interesting threads and you will find the this forum will come alive with healthy discussion and quality advise. Its free and open to all and your able to take part as long as you treat people with a little respect! Very few people get banned from this forum as long as you behave. That cannot be said of MFS unless the admin on MFS have changed there policy since i was last on that forum. So, this forum has a lot going for it. Total fishing forum gets more hits than any other fishing forum. So, someone must be doing something right.

Most of the admin from MFS are members on here. So, i would suggest that they dont know whats going on with their forum. So they cannot tell its members when the problem will be resolved. Either that or they dont want to tell its members whats going on for some strange reason.

Might get very interesting on ths forum if MFS is closed for a little bit longer, lol.

TF_MarkT

I’m not getting in to a which forums better with you Trueblue, each to there own.

I’m not a new member, i look in on this place most days as i do with other fishing forums and i’m not seeing the massive and best angling threads you say are here.

In the past yes they were some excellent threads and some very good discussions and it was the place to get information but now, no!

@markt wrote:

I’m not getting in to a which forums better with you Trueblue, each to there own.

I’m not a new member, i look in on this place most days as i do with other fishing forums and i’m not seeing the massive and best angling threads you say are here.

In the past yes they were some excellent threads and some very good discussions and it was the place to get information but now, no!

Spot on response and mirrors my observations?

There are a few nuggets of good threads on here but the majority now seem to have very little input. I do appreciate its down to the membership to generate that interest but that would appear to be lacking of late.

TF_Paddy

Its very easy to say that certain threads are not there, but surely you have to start a few before you criticize that there are not others of your liking.
    It’s free, why not start one?

TF_Billy no Fish
    Participant

Mark T, couldn’t notify anyone as the server hosts have issues and access has been sporadic. I was away until Sunday so didn’t have chance to do anything until Monday. Don’t pick on TB you will only upset him bless him…

GlobalGold System Status

Last modified: August 13, 2013 @ 11:37 am

We are currently experiencing networking issues with one of our VPS nodes.

Our engineers are aware off the issues and are currently working to resolve the issue.

We will provide further updates once we have further information.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

TF_Paddy

BNF – ok mate.
    I’m sure the MFS users will appreciate the update and i hope you get up and running shortly.

TF_Billy no Fish
    Participant

The site is up and running to most. The problem the server hosts have is the node that’s playing up isn’t communicating with some ISP’s like Sky and talk talk. It also affects some mobile phone access. The main problem is getting some sense from the ‘customer service’ people.

still not on-line for me

TF_Spuds1

Thx Billy ,

I’m on Sky and no joy yet – T-mobile not working either.

Love baldy

Anonymous

since mfs has gone down…i’ll expect more hits on this forum…. 😉 :rolleyes:

My internees through Virgin and I can’t get it to load still. Was starting to blame my iPad to begin with!

Any ideas when the site will be up and running properly BNF?

My internees through Virgin and I can’t get it to load still. Was starting to blame my iPad to begin with!

Any ideas when the site will be up and running properly BNF?

TF_MARKHLDAS

TB – Your 1 post every 3 days confirms the high level of activity on the site, I guess.
    most of that was pre 2009.

Like others I trawl this site every day and as a self confirmed gob-shite even I find it difficult to find something to comment on these days.

However Geeps is a god having introduced many of us to the wonderful world of WWW dot and Fishing.

Anonymous

@markhldas wrote:

TB – Your 1 post every 3 days confirms the high level of activity on the site, I guess.

Like others I trawl this site every day and as a self confirmed gob-shite even I find it difficult to find something to comment on these days.

However Geeps is a god having introduced many of us to the wonderful world of WWW dot and Fishing.

amen to that…. 😎

@markhldas wrote:

All bow down to the power that is Geeps!

TF_MARKHLDAS

GEEPS or BNF……. You Choose :p 😮

TF_Badangler
    Participant

@markhldas wrote:

I trawl the site everyother day and if i did have to pay for whats on offer, it would be my one and only payment.

Each to their own but never a truer word spoken than what ive quoted above!!!!!!!. The site and running of it is fine, its just a shame about some of the drivel posted by anglers that talk a good game (And thats not everyone here obviously, but theres far too many compared to other fishing websites out their IMO).

Chatbox to unwind and talk rubbish to mates whilst the boyfriend is watching topgear, loads of comps and matches to enter (50 plus this year on one leading site!!) and the stars of angling on hand to answer questions every day rather than logging in here, seeing the usual 1 page of new posts all with only 1 reply, unless its off topic about Manshitty then we have a classic a foot :rolleyes: , theres more to life………….

yep i’m with you on this site geeps is a top man i do like the simplematchfishing site as well and the anglinganswers.com 😉
    by the way i’m back on the site now

TF_Dodge

Bless they have gone .

Short and sweet .

TF_MARKHLDAS

:p Always lurking 😉

Anonymous

@dodge wrote:

Bless they have gone .

Short and sweet .

not quite…. 😉

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.