Are they still around

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing Are they still around

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  TF_Paddy 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

So threads have dried up but people still look in , so let’s see if Gary the Gudgeon , Bingo wings, true blue , Swimfeeder , Caster Rod , Blunt Hook , Andy cranes mate are still around , there used to be some right ding dongs between this lot all great ” mass debaters ” in their own field . What would it take to get a 10 page thread going ? Angling trust membership , polluting water companies , Fishomania tickets , slagging off top anglers ? Come on lads let’s have one more swan song or just a post to say you are still around and wetting a line .

TF_cjsid1
    Participant

Sure Trueblue posted a few days ago

TF_CriagH66

Does anybody remember “the professor?” The ultimate of wind-up merchants, if I remember rightly, banned from the site. Truly hilarious.
    Trouble with these sites today is everyone is so bloody serious and quick to take offence.

Last time I saw Swimfeeder was a couple of years ago on the river Yare, so I don’t think he’s fishing at the moment.

This got me thinking.

Anyone else remember ‘Little Gozzer’?

He started a thread called ‘Norfolk. All that water and so little talent’.

Bob (Swimfeeder) took great exception to this. The thread ran for ages.

Every now and then Little Gozzer would pop up with another gem of a wind up.

A few weeks later Bob was visiting his brother in Southampton, and went on his computer to check something out.

Turned out Little Gozzer was Bobs brother lol

TF_Paddy

Ha Ha, that’s class! wonder if there still talking?

Anonymous

Im still here and posting when there is something worth discussing or if I think that I can help.

I,ve never slagged off any top anglers.

Those were the days my friends and I never thought they’d end,

TF_Yare Rod

And the best wind up merchant was Swimfeeders nemisis ‘Broadsman’ I still think Broadsman would of had an North East accent if he ever came out.

Logged on for the first time in ages and saw this..
    A quick update on the various wind up merchants from my old match team;

Skip, aka various Pipkins, and whatever name he used when he was claiming to be Armenian and looking for recipes for barbel; now living in Cornwall, still fishing but not posting anywhere
    Chris, aka Upside Down Head and various other Pipkins; moved to Poole, still fishing and still posting incomprehensibly on another forum after the second bottle of Shiraz kicks in

Bob , aka Whiteacres Chef, Bob Dudd etc etc; now a full on bivvy boy, moved out Bedfordshire somewhere living next door to a pub, Which may or may not be a good idea.

Dave, aka The Professor, and occasional Pipkin; not seen him in ages; think he more or less stopped fishing with having a young family (and no, he didn’t name one of them Chlamydia as he claimed on here…)

Of the other names mentioned, Caster Rob resurfaced about a year ago on MDs, as wonderfully acerbic as ever. And got himself banned…

Anonymous

@the Runner wrote:

Logged on for the first time in ages and saw this..
    A quick update on the various wind up merchants from my old match team;

Skip, aka various Pipkins, and whatever name he used when he was claiming to be Armenian and looking for recipes for barbel; now living in Cornwall, still fishing but not posting anywhere
    Chris, aka Upside Down Head and various other Pipkins; moved to Poole, still fishing and still posting incomprehensibly on another forum after the second bottle of Shiraz kicks in

Bob , aka Whiteacres Chef, Bob Dudd etc etc; now a full on bivvy boy, moved out Bedfordshire somewhere living next door to a pub, Which may or may not be a good idea.

Dave, aka The Professor, and occasional Pipkin; not seen him in ages; think he more or less stopped fishing with having a young family (and no, he didn’t name one of them Chlamydia as he claimed on here…)

Of the other names mentioned, Caster Rob resurfaced about a year ago on MDs, as wonderfully acerbic as ever. And got himself banned…

I loved Caster Rob a absolute legend , him and Bernard the Gurnard

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.