attaching elastic using a pullabung

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing attaching elastic using a pullabung

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  TF_Anthonywaters 7 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

TF_budangler14
    Participant

whats the best way to do this – what i’m doing at the mo is to cut a length of hydro in half to make it fit two top sets – so i have a length of hydro tied to a length of powergum threaded through a pullabung but when i am playing a carp i wrap the powergum round my hand + some of the hydro then when i have landed the fish, the power gum & elastic won’t retract back through the pullabung because of the knot joining the two so i have to pull the pullabung out & pull everything back through the bung there as to be a better way – cheers

TF_nimrod

i would think that this problem will occur if you attach the hydro to anything, its best to just use a full length of elastic

TF_Gavin

I don’t really see the need for a pull bung when you’re only using a half length of elastic?

TF_craigm

Can’t you just pull the whole bung out instead of pulling the elastic through it ???

TF_budangler14
    Participant

cheers – it looks likes a full length is the answer – will try it if theres no other way

Just a thought, haven’t tried it so don’t know if it would work, possibly not as the hydro decreases in diameter as it stretches.

However, how about using one of those trout leader attachments on the elastic and loop to loop the power gum. It would need gluing throughout its length whereas on a fly line it doesn’t but worth a thought.

TF_AdzT
    Participant

would using dacron work? i do it with normal winder bungs

TF_Anthonywaters
    Participant

I once tried using half lengths of hydro never again ! better to use a full length

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.