BARSTON MASTERS 2013 DETAILS

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing BARSTON MASTERS 2013 DETAILS

This topic contains 49 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  TF_carpcruncher 4 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

Well …we are now in our Third year of running the Barston Masters and once again demand is high for this event to Continue!!

If you would like to fish any of the matches please email me on [email protected]

APRIL 6TH

MAY 4TH

JUNE 8TH

JULY 13TH

AUGUST 3RD

AUGUST 31ST IS THE FINAL

The Barston Masters is also advertised on Face Book ,

http://www.ukmatchangler.com .

http://www.total-fishing.com ,

http://www.midlandsmatchfishing.co.uk

The Barston Masters 2013 witl be sponsored by Greys http://coarse.greysfishing.com/en%2Dgb/home/ and Bagem Matchbaits http://www.bagem.co.uk/ Once again!! Over the past years Greys and Bagem have supported this event and have helped make the Event a Huge success!!!

Also On board with the Barston Masters Qualifiers is

April – Mick Wilkinson – http://www.floatman.co.uk/store/

May – Kev Leach feeders and DJK floats – http://www.floatsandtackle.co.uk/

June – Halkon Hunt – http://www.halkonhunt.org.uk/

July – Dave smalley floats – DS floats

August – Dino Floats – http://www.thebestfloats.co.uk/

August Final

Greys and Bagem Matchbaits!

Each round will see 65 competitors. To qualify for the final round you must win your section of 5 anglers.The first round 13 section winners will go through. If in the second round an angler already qualified wins his section the spare place in the final we be allocated to the highest weight second in section, from any section. We decided not to default the sections as it could be open to abuse if `mates` drew the same section and one had already qualified etc…

If you have qualified and you feel you dont want to fish the other rounds you may relinquish your spot for someone else , although it is not compulsary.

Each match will be book in by no later than 8.45am for a 9am draw and we will fish 11am – 4 pm.

If you are Interested in any of the dates please go to the contact page.Please list which dates you would like to fish on the form.

There will be 8 sets of scales , each set will weigh 2 sections of 5 anglers. The first two anglers in the 2 sections of 5 anglers will complete the weigh in. You will pick these up when you have drawn your peg , and it will be written on your peg , that you are either scales or board man!

If you are Interested in any of these dates please e-mail me on [email protected] or phone me on 07539347851 ,
    For The Barston Masters 2013 I am asking for all peg fees up front which will be £8.50 per match for the 5 qualifing rounds which is £42.50 .Your name will not go down on the paid list until you have paid. I will not be taking names for the sake of it , it’s a case of you pay and you can play!!I will cap it at 80 anglers per round. On the day of the match it will be £20.00 on the morning so for each match will be £28.50.

NOW FOR THE GRUMPY MATCH ORGANISERS PART!!!

I will ask that , if you are not going to fish any of the matches and your names down , you let me know 48hrs before the event so I can offer it to someone else on the reserve list

Anyone who does not let us know he is cancelling , and does not show , will lose his place to all the other matches. Sorry to be blunt , but I’m not prepared to let Nigel down on Pegs!! There will be No Refunds on Peg Fees once paid. Any remaining Peg fees will got to the final payout.
    All rules are to be fished to the Rules Of Barston Fishery , anyone to be found breaking those rules , will be asked to leave , and will not fish another one of these opens.

There is also NO SPODDING on the Barston Masters Matches or feeding Boilies in Matches. Boilie is Hookbait only.

I’m taking nothing out for myself , I just want to fish some good matches at Barston and have a great time like we did in 2011 and 2012!!

Once again.. any problems or questions you can contact me on
    [email protected] or my mobile 07539347851

Cheers

Lee

PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR FULL NAMES NO USER NAMES!!

PAYOUTS

BASED ON A FULL TURN OUT OF 65 ANGLERS THE PAY OUT IS AS FOLLOWS..

5 PRELIMINARY ROUNDS

65 ANGLERS @ £28:50 = £1852.50

50p per angler taking out for admin / upkeep of website banners ect…

PEG FEES @ £8.50 = £552.50
    MONIES FOR FINAL @ £5 = £325

POOLS MONEY @ £14:50 = £942.50

13 SECTIONS OF 5 @ £35 = £455

1st £240
    2nd £145
    3rd £100

FINAL

Full Payout to be advised once we have final numbers of turn outs on each match.

last years winner picked up £1000!!

NAMES THAT HAVE PAID SO FAR…..

AUGUST 3RD

1, Lee Taylor
    2, Wayne colloff.
    3, jarrad smith – to pay
    4 ,Baz byrd – to pay
    5 , ian coxon – to pay
    6 , Andy sutton
    7, Ian Lee
    8 , Simon Allan
    9, Ade Cattel
    10, steve mayer- to pay
    11, simon chidler.
    12,Andy Fulleylove to pay
    13, Paul Knapman
    14, Mick bull – to pay
    15, andy north – to pay
    16, Maurice Williams – to Pay
    17, Carl Daily
    18 , simon fry – to pay
    19 , Jake King
    20, Andy Ashington
    21, Lee davis – to pay
    22, Steve Wilson
    23, Dave Pritchard
    24, Dan Tresign.
    25, Mark Green.
    26,Ian Crossman -To Pay
    27, steve chester
    28, Mark Haycock
    29, Jim Daley
    30,dean granger to pay
    32, darren sanders to pay
    33, Neil Carless
    34, Barry Duggan
    35 , Fred parker
    36, Dean Kenworthy
    37, Mark Bisset
    38, Mark Dowery
    39, Dave Boyle
    40, Graham Brownie
    41, Chris Buckley
    42, Paul Terry
    43, Martin Paynter
    44, Paul Cassidy
    45, Roy Beasley
    46, Ken Ashton
    47, Carl barnfield- to pay
    48, Rob Quinn
    49, Dominik Gaszinki
    50, Brian Ashley
    51, Rich Toomer
    52, Mark casemore – To Pay
    53, Andy Edgington
    59,Neil Russell- To Pay
    60, Trevor Wise
    61, Pete Palmer
    62, Phil hardwick- to pay
    63, Neil Pearson – To Pay
    64, Mick Risby
    65, Chris fowkes.. To pay

RESERVE LIST –

Phil weaver
    Rob skellet
    Chris Shepard
    Shaun wilson
    Richie hull
    Rich watkins
    Colin thompson

THE FINAL ….AUGUST 31ST!!!

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

LIST UPDATED!! 😀

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

List Updated …… 😀

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

List Updating fast!! If you would like to book on you need to pay your peg fees upfront!! First come first served!!

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

All Dates updated………….

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

Less than 10 spaces left on each round Now!!!!

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

LIST UPDATED ……………LESS THAN 5 PER ROUND TO GO….

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

THE BARSTON MASTERS IS NOW SOLD OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woody

Hi Lee,

I seem to have missed this being advertised.

Can you stick me on the reserves for May,June,July & August please.

Cheers mate.

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

All Lists updated!!!

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

LIST UPDATED 😀

TF_gunta

Hi Lee can you put me on reserve list for July and august please..Ian Lillystone

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

List Updated

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

Reserve List updated

Have you forgot to put me and Mark Griffiths on the reserve list for them all mate? :confused: 🙂

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

Reserve List all updated! 😉

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

Resrve list now updated

TF_orexina

Hi Lee

Are you running any opens prior to the rounds???

cheers

fred

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

The Barston Masters 2013 witl be sponsored by Greys http://coarse.greysfishing.com/en%2Dgb/home/ and Bagem Matchbaits http://www.bagem.co.uk/ Once again!! Over the past years Greys and Bagem have supported this event and have helped make the Event a Huge success!!!

Also On board with the Barston Masters Qualifiers is

Mick Wilkinson – http://www.floatman.co.uk/store/

Halkon Hunt – http://www.halkonhunt.org.uk/

Dave smalley floats – DS floats

Kev Leach feeders and DJK floats – http://www.floatsandtackle.co.uk/

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

I am proud to annouce that Dino floats are now onboard with the Barston Masters!! Dino will be covering the August round of the event!! Please find the link below to there website…..

http://www.thebestfloats.co.uk/

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

List updated for April Please read……………………

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

I went for a walk arund Barston today .. Tony Pallet and Nigel have done a superb amount of work on the venue clearing pegs ect…. The pegging wil look something like this to give everyone as much room as possible in the harder sections and the more prolific sections have been fattened up to create a more consistant match!!

Section A – 2,4,6,8,10

Section B – 12,13,15,16,18

Section C – 19,21,22,24,25

Section D – 26,28,30,32,34

Section E – 37,38,40,42,44

Section F – 45,47,49,51,52

Section G – 53 , 55, 57,59,60,

Section H – 61,62,64,68,69,

Section I – 70,72,73,77,80

Section J – 82,86,88,90,92

Section K – 94,96,98,100,102

Section L – 104,106,110,113,115

Section M – 117,119,121,123,124

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

April List now updated please check to see if you have moved up!!

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

List updated .. Andy Fullylove , dean grainger and Andy North have moved up .. if u know thses anglers please let them know

fisherman phil
    Participant

Hi Lee,
    I see i am on the reserve list for this months match,that is the only 1 i didnt want to fish….Thought i had better let you know in advance

Phil

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

Cheers Phil ….List all updated again chaps!! Please check and if you can not fish I need to Know ASAP!!!!

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

The Barston Masters 2013 sponsored by Greys and Bagem Matchbaits kicked of over the weekend. Mick wilkinson floats was the Qualifying sponsor who kindly donated a range of his floats. The day started with Icey cold conditions with a third of the lake being frozen. Some anglers had to break ice but with it only being cat Ice they were soon on there way!!

The 65 anglers who took part new it was not going to be an easy day , Andy Sutton was the man inform today sat on peg 10. Andy started off on the method feeder , but it soon become apparent that this was not the method of the day and he opted for the pole. It took andy 3hrs to get his first bite , but being confident he worked hard changing his rigs and feed rates and soon started to put together a net of Skimmers and F1’s on the chop worm and caster. Andy finished the match with a match winning weight of 36lb and put himself through to the final of The Barston Masters in August !!

In second place and from peg 90 Mick Illingworth put together a net of F1’s taken on the method feeder at range. Mick caught steady through out the match for a total weight of 27lb.

In 3rd spot This went to Mick Risby , Mick who come 3rd over all in the final of the Barston Masters in 2011 , managed to put 25lb on the scales caught on the method feeder and the pole.
    All section winners of the first round go through to the Barston masters final in August.

Section Winners through to the final are….

A- ANDY SUTTON

B- MARTIN LECK – Bagem

C- ROB QUINN – SHAKESPERE

D -D KENWORTHY

E – JASE SHIRLEY

F- D-GRAINGER

G- DOM GACZYNSKI

H – MARK BOOTH

I – IAN CROSSMAN – BROWNING

J – MICJ ILLINGWORTH

K – MARK BISSET

L- BRYAN ASHELY

M – RICH TOOMER

TF_liquid27

section G – Dom Gaczynski 🙂 Lee u wrote my name 6 times and every time is different :-):-)

TF_mrrbpoole

Very interesting the great majority of the fish caught were on the pole, I say that because its still early in the year, the fish are looking for food and its not been filled in on the long chuck as yet. I know there were a number of anglers just fished the feeder, more would have been caught had they put a pole up. By the way lee Mick Illingworth in J section caught all his fish on the pole, I know that cos he was giving me neck ache watching lol! Great venue look forward to the next match Lee 🙂

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

@liquid27 wrote:

section G – Dom Gaczynski 🙂 Lee u wrote my name 6 times and every time is different :-):-)

I will jst copy and paste it now..lol

TF_redarmy

stick me on reserves for june please lee you never know 😀

TF_orexina

Lee, any chance of putting the winning weights to each section so we can gague how its fishing?

cheers

fred

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

I will look at doing this tomorrow

TF_orexina

Thanks

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

Updated

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

The reserve list has changed and moved up big time today …… If you can not fish please let me know ASAP!!!

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

Round two of the Barston masters was backed by DJK floats , and Kev Leach feeders!… Each angler who fished this round was welcomed with a free float and distance feeder!!
    The day was of mixed emotions at the draw bag with no one really knowing where the winner was going to come from with the recent form of the venue.

Pete Bennet was the man of the day though today with him pulling out peg 124 , he new what he had to do and with the wind pushing over his back and blowing into the river bank hard , he was in for a comfortable days fishing!! Pete started off on the method feeder to catch F1’s off the point at 25 turns. Whilst doing this he was topping up his pole line hoping on the carp to move in for a munch … He wasted no time and in the closing hours of the match put a fine net of fish together for a winning weight of 69 lb and the round two winner of the Barston masters!!

A very close fight come for 2 nd and 3 rd spot between snowy ashington and wayne colloff……. Snowy put in a cracking performance on the river bank taking carp F1’s and skimmers on the method feeder at range with wayne a little further down doing the same…. It was wayne who just won the battle by nailing a cracking 21 lb common carp … Wayne colllof ended up weighing 59 lb 14 oz to snowy s 58 lb 14 oz for 3 rd spot.

Section winners as follows and through to the final in August ….

A chris greenway

B steve daily

C wayne collof

D Baz Byrd

E James daily

F john O’Driscoll

G andy morrison

H- not fished

I steve chester

J mark casemore

K dan ashington

L ian lee

M pete Bennet

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

List Updated

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

The 3 rd round of the Barston masters took place on june 8 th and for once the weather was fantastic!! Thanks must go to Halkon hunt who were the main sponsors of this round who supplied 1st price with one of there superb halkon hunt fleece top and bottoms and the 13 section prizes along with Greys and Bagem match baits section prizes.

Well the weather has finally improved but with this comes the time when the fish get into spawning mode. Over the week the skimmers , carp and f1’s have finally been getting this out the way and on our 3 rd masters match this proved that the fish were in no mood for having a munch…

….although ….Billy Harris managed to find some fishing the method feeder at range to the island of peg 110. I had it reported that billy,s accuracy and tidy casting put fish in his net consistantly through out the match with f1’s and carp with a match winning weight of 61lb 8 oz .

2 nd spot went to Rich Toomer. Rich was also in Billy’s section and took f1’s and carp on the method….one of them that he had was a massive common which weighed 22 lb 6 oz. In 3 rd spot was Adrian cattel with 41 lb 8 oz.

Sections

A – Max higgert

B – Mick risky

C – Dan Tresign

D – Dan Ashington

E – Graham Brownie

F – Ian lee

G – Gregg Noriss

H – Jay davis

I – Adrian cattel

J – Ian crossman

K – Barrie Duggan

L – Billy Harris

M – Lee Taylor

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

Section Winners through to the final and 2 nd in section default qualifiers are…

ANDY SUTTON

MARTIN LECK – Bagem

ROB QUINN – SHAKESPERE

D KENWORTHY

JASE SHIRLEY

D-GRAINGER

DOM GACZYNSKI

MARK BOOTH

IAN CROSSMAN – BROWNING

MICJ ILLINGWORTH

MARK BISSET

BRYAN ASHELY

RICH TOOMER

Mays round

chris greenway

steve daily

wayne collof

Baz Byrd

James daily

john O’Driscoll

andy morrison

not fished

steve chester

mark casemore

dan ashington

ian lee

snowy Ashington- 2 nd in section qualifier

June’s round

Max higgert

Mick risby

Dan Tresign

Steve wilson – 2 nd in section qualified

Graham Brownie

Dave kightly – 2 nd in section qualified

Gregg Noriss

Jay davis

Adrian cattel

Dan Ellis’ 2 nd in section qualified

Barrie Duggan

Billy Harris

Lee Taylor – Bagem / Greys

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

Barston masters updated for jury’s round…

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

List updated for July match

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

Updated today … Please let me know if u can not fish

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

In scorching conditions the 4 th round of the Barston masters , Thanks must go to Dave smalley Floats Greys and Bagem Match baits for sponsoring the round. This rounds match took place where most anglers were in a position where alot of cruising fish were infront of them and simply did not want to know … I think we have just had about every season of weather possible so far this year!!

However Barry Duggan from Warwick portabello managed to get them going from unfancied area peg 82 . Barry caught all his fish which was 28 skimmers on the method feeder for a match win of 58 lb .

2 nd place went to mr inform Mick Risby . Mick also caught on the method for a mixed bag of fish for 56 lb. closely followed by Gregg norris of bagem match baits with 53 lb .

1 st – Barry Duggan
    2 nd – Mick Risby
    3 rd – Gregg norris
    4 th – andy north
    5th – ian big man Lillystone

Section winners on the day ..

Simon Chidler
    Neil Russell
    Andy North
    Pete Bennet
    Mark Dowery
    Rich Watkins
    Neil Carless
    Gregg Norris
    Barry Duggan
    Carl daily
    Lee Davis
    Ian Lillystone

Those that have Qualified for the final through 1st and ( highest) 2nd in section default Placings are)

Aprils Round

ANDY SUTTON

MARTIN LECK – Bagem

ROB QUINN – SHAKESPERE

D KENWORTHY

JASE SHIRLEY

D-GRAINGER

DOM GACZYNSKI

MARK BOOTH

IAN CROSSMAN – BROWNING

MICJ ILLINGWORTH

MARK BISSET

BRYAN ASHELY

RICH TOOMER

Mays round

chris greenway

steve daily

wayne collof

Baz Byrd

James daily

john O’Driscoll

andy morrison

not fished

steve chester

mark casemore

dan ashington

ian lee

snowy Ashington- 2 nd in section qualifier

June’s round

Max higgert

Mick risby

Dan Tresign

Steve wilson – 2 nd in section qualified

Graham Brownie

Dave kightly – 2 nd in section qualified

Gregg Noriss

Jay davis

Adrian cattel

Dan Ellis’ 2 nd in section qualified

Barrie Duggan

Billy Harris

Lee Taylor – Bagem / Greys

Julys Round

Simon Chidler

Neil Russell

Andy North

Dave Pritchard – highest 2nd in section default

Mark Dowery – Highest 2nd in section default

Rich Watkins

Neil Careless

Simon Allen – Highest 2nd in section default

Tony P – Highest 2nd in section default

Paul Terry – Highest 2nd in section default

Carl Daily

Lee Davis

Ian lillystone

TF_Baz265-12
    Participant

Lee,

Can you please put down Baz Byrd and Mark Casemore on the reserve list for the August qualifier.

Cheers

Baz

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

Added baz

TF_Baz265-12
    Participant

Cheers Lee

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

August list updated

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

List updated

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

The Final round of the Barston Masters has now taken place with all qualifying places being taken!! Thanks must go to Dino Floats who donated a fine selection of there floats to the top 3 placings. Also Greys and Bagem for sponsoring the section Prizes.

Top rod today was young Dan Tresign from Birmingham . Dan’s golden arm drew him peg 124 and put together a fine net of skimmers for a total weight of 96lb 10 oz . Dan caught on the pole through out the match finding the fish did not want the method feeder on the day!!

In second spot from the other end of the lake on peg 69 was Dave Pritchard from Coventry , Dave caught the bulk of his fish on paste down the edge for a total weight of 92 lb .

3rd went to swans bait man Mark Casemore on the the method with a weight of skimmers , f1 s and carp for 81lb .

The final for the Barston masters takes place on August 31st .

1st Dan Tresign
    2nd Dave Pritchard
    3 rd Mark Casemore
    4th Andy Sutton/Baz Byrd 75 lb each
    5 th Andy edington

Section Winners on the day

A Walton
    Mark CaseMore
    Andy Edington
    Carl Barnfield
    Paul Knapman
    Fred Parker
    Simon Fry
    Dave Pritchard
    Andy Sutton
    Baz Byrd
    Maurice Williams
    Snowy
    Dan Tresign

All Anglers through to the final are…

1,Andy Sutton
    2,Martin Leck – Bagem
    3,Rob Quinn – SHAKESPERE
    4,Dean Kenworthy
    5,Jason Shirley
    6,Dean Granger
    7,Dom Gaczynski
    8,Mark Booth
    9,Ian Crossman- BROWNING
    10,Mick Illingworth
    11,Mark Bisset
    12,Bryan Ashley
    13,Rich Toomer
    14,Chris Greenway
    15,Steve Daily
    16,Wayne Collof
    17,Baz Byrd
    18,James Daily
    19,John Odrissco
    20,Andy morrison
    21,Steve chester
    22,Mark casemore
    23,Dan ashington
    24,Ian lee
    25,Snowy Ashington
    26,Max higgert
    27,Mick risby
    28,Dan Tresign
    29,Steve wilson
    30,Graham Brownie
    31,Dave kightly
    32,Gregg Noriss
    33,Jay davis
    34,Adrian cattel
    35,Dan Ellis’
    36,Barrie Duggan
    37,Billy Harris
    38,Lee Taylor – Bagem / Greys
    39,Simon Chidler
    40,Neil Russell
    41,Andy North
    42,Dave Pritchard
    43,Mark Dowery
    44,Rich Watkins
    45,Neil Careless
    46,Simon Allen
    47,Tony Pallet
    48,Paul Terry
    49,Carl Daily
    50,Lee Davis
    51,Ian lillystone
    52,Allan Walton
    53,Adam Rooney – Guru
    54,Andy Edington
    55,Carl Barnfield
    56,Paul Knapman
    57,Fred Parker
    58,Simon Fry -Garbolino
    59,Lee Richards
    60,Darren Sanders
    61,Trev wise
    62,Maurice Williams
    63,Jarred smith
    64,Ian Coxon
    65,Dave Boyle

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.