Barston Masters

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing Barston Masters

This topic contains 25 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  TF_carpcruncher 7 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Just knocked a site together over the last couple of days

http://barstonmasters.moonfruit.com/#

Constructive criticism from you techy guys always appreciated….

TF_redarmy

youve too much time to spare

Nice one mate, looks good to me.~clap

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

Dave has done a fantastic job of this. As you can see were taking these matches very serious , and want to make it a great event……and theres more to come!! ~clap

Credit to you also Lee, can’t wait!

Baz Walters
    Participant

Credit where it’s due lads…top job~clap

TF_cheffieVRS
    Participant

Very nice Dave, can do do it without flash though ??

TF_Chris Owen
    Participant

Top job Dave.

Well done Lee for all your hard work getting this series off the ground.

TF_Nigel.

Excellent Dave (and Lee) wonderful job.
    It is certainty taking off, and is going to be a great series.

TF_Chavender
    Participant

Dave ,the buttons on the left ,could either do with being a tad longer or leave off the www. bit in the names ,other than that it looks a pro job ,all the way

Done Steve………….knew I`d forget something ~think ~think ~think ~think

TF_Baz the Beast
    Participant

Nice job Dave,

If I wasn’t buggering off to live in South west France I would have loved to have fished the sereies.

@cheffievrs wrote:

Very nice Dave, can do do it without flash though ??

Yes but at cost thats a bit more than a few days work to replicate that in html, and this is obviously done on a budget and at Lee and Daves expense

Most people have flash nowdays, if not your prompted to install it as soon as your browser senses the format, if you choose not to install you will get the site in a basic html format but it really is basic poorly rendered with out of shape images etc.

Flash is quite harmless

TF_cheffieVRS
    Participant

I’m sorry, but you can’t install flash on an iPhone or iPad..!

yeah that is an issue but iphones and ipads are usually secondry forms of internet access and untill Apple swallow its pride we are stuck with this.

just out of interest cheffieVRS when you log on via the ipad do you get the badly rendered html version ? or just the message apple doesnt support this format, I dont have my iphone here to check ?

I could write a basic site in html it won’t be all singing all dancing but will have the basic info.
    and hook it up along side

Hi Jason,

As Paul aka Justin Case has said we are trying to keep costs to the minimum for this. To be honest neither of us are that clued up on building sites. I put together a basic few pages and now the genius doing all the clever stuff is Justin Case.

We approached him as we knew he has built a few sites before. If this , as we hope takes off we will be looking for a site sponsor so we can upgrade to an all singing , all dancing package.

As an aside…. we would ask as many people as possible to register on the site then it`s easier to mass email if any canges occur re the matches.

TF_scottyp

tell me if i’m being stupid and missing it, but where do you register on the site?

TF_cheffieVRS
    Participant

To be honest, a combination of both Paul, white back ground, dates listed down left hand side, and install flash on the right hand side, And no Tass at the top! I can do a screen shot if you want?

TF_cheffieVRS
    Participant

Paul, Steve Jobs will never back down to adobe, on his mobile devices And to be honest why should he, html5 is much easier and better than flash anyway…

@scottyp wrote:

tell me if i’m being stupid and missing it, but where do you register on the site?

for the moment scotty its right at the very bottom of the home page

cheffieVRS once I get back from Turkey I will do a html version I had a quick peek at a bar earlier and it not too clever

TF_redarmy

paul you should be out on the lash not on fishing sites,no wonder the shandees got turned over last weekend lol

@redarmy wrote:

paul you should be out on the lash not on fishing sites,no wonder the shandees got turned over last weekend lol

I have been on the lash, we are a couple of hours in front here I got back around 12 all the best work is done after a good beer 🙂 its now 2.30 and time for bed

I wont comment on the part about being turned over

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

@redarmy wrote:

He must like getting turned over ….his team got turned over on the angling trust masters aswell~sick ~shh ~shh ~clap

@carpcruncher wrote:

@redarmy wrote:

He must like getting turned over ….his team got turned over on the angling trust masters aswell~sick ~shh ~shh ~clap

I once liked you Lee 🙂

Paul has made this site 10 times better than I could. If you get a chance please register , especially all competitiors. It will make email contact a lot easier for us.

TF_carpcruncher
    Participant

Its looking superb~clap ~clap

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.