Best Tackle Item of the 21st Century

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing Best Tackle Item of the 21st Century

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  TF_bigfella 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

What would you Vote for as the best ITEM of TACKLE you have purchased or seen in the past few years? Even if you couldn’t afford it?

For me QM 1 hooks, get on, they are brilliant….

Gifts for the wife must be in there!!!

Connoisseur Z 11/13 Stillwater feeder rods and milo Tardis boxes

All still using wicker baskets and split cane then…..worth a try

TF_Paddy

I thought stink bags for all your nets were and still are superb when they came out.
    Putting wet nets in the car was a nightmare for years until they came out and made the motor honk big time.

TF_gaz r

footplates on on seatboxes makes fishing the pole so much easier.

Also like the adding of modular trays to the box as on Preston Absolute, good platform as you say, add a tray….inch perfect, so comfortable.

stink bags another good one……but fishery nets have won me over..

TF_bigfella
    Participant

Adjustable legs to level your box. I can remember fitting the Octopus system to my Shakespeare box……awesome !!

Not quite a tackle item, more an essential item on a cold day….what about metal flasks?

Thank heaven for these, used to smash loads of the glass ones, even remember cork stoppers!

TF_ziggy169

@Double Blank wrote:

Not quite a tackle item, more an essential item on a cold day….what about metal flasks?

Thank heaven for these, used to smash loads of the glass ones, even remember cork stoppers!

Cork stoppers? We’re they a float lol

Anonymous

I know it’s not a ‘serious’ post …but…the OP said 21st century. Many things have been ‘invented’ or improved but how many in the past few years have been genuinely innovative ???

TF_jimbo25

The Pulla Bung as made a massive difference to match fishing

Well Richox, I suppose Hollow Hydro was as original as it gets,but true there will have been many “copies” or improvements to the originals.

Yes I used cork for floats, made from those in medicine bottle with a cocktail stick shoved through, my Dad never trusted me with his peacock quills.

Look how tackle barrows have come on, finally they have decided that the old fashioned coach-built pram like me Mum shoved around is the best set up…….should have askd our lass she can get more in an ASDA trolley, especially when I am paying!!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.