BROWNING ON FACEBOOK

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing BROWNING ON FACEBOOK

This topic contains 52 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  TF_matchace 3 years ago.

• Author

TF_matchace

browning are on face book guys please like
    ps theres some lovely photos of me i didnt think i was that good looking
    tom cruise stand a side

TF_sillysod

Wots it under

Have ‘Liked’ the page and put a couple of comments on. Nice to see Browning on there, they have some top, top quality Feeder kit.

TF_matchace

have a look at the new VIPER range rods mate they are awesome with the new reals

TF_matchace

the BRAND NEW Z14 pole is on BROWNING’S face book page
    an incredible 813g at 13 metres beat that !!!!
    we all know who will want to copy this one looooooooool

TF_matchace

please like the page guys its important to our team

Why ?

TF_matchace

it is a new project by browning and we would like to do well

TF_Paddy

Whats the project about?

TF_matchace

facebook loooooooooool big brother is watching us if you know what i mean

TF_Paddy

Each to there own, i would rather go fishing.
    I cant “like” it as i dont do facebook, but i’m sure others will.

But what difference does it make if you hit the like button on facebook?

TF_sillysod

Good point!

TF_Paddy

You get lots of “likes” ?? 😮

TF_matchace

we need lots and lots of like please thats all
    i would personally apreciate it
    and also theres a competition to win a new rod and reel

I don’t think I’ve used any browning kit since I had a red titanium pole, 25+ years ago, mainly because I fish for a team sponsored by another company, and I like their kit.
    BUT, if ‘liking’ a Facebook page helps another angler in some small way, then why not? Costs me nothing…

Why do you need lots and lots of likes?
    What does it get you other than self gratification?
    Kags, I’d help anyone just the same as you but I want to understand how this works first.

TF_matchace

it helps others and there own goals
    i think i have explained enough if you read the posts
    by the way thankyou kagger

I’ve read every post thanks.
    How does it help others and their own goals?
    And what exactly have you explained?
    Do you get a financial reward for someone liking you on facebook?
    Or are you collecting brownie points somehow as all I’ve seen is a product promotion at every given opportunity.
    Nothing against Browning by the way as I use some of their gear, i just fail to see how this works.

TF_Tim_D

Is Frek giving a big medal to the most likes??

TF_CriagH66

Matchace’s promotion of the Browning brand is becoming a total bore. If Browning sponsor this angler in an attempt to increase sales I would suggest they are achieving the very opposite. This constant stream of Browning is best, the only brand to buy, Z14 “we all know who will be copying this” – who? Culminating in the desperation of “like me” on facebook has an annoyance factor that goes off the scale.
    I have never owned an item of Browning tackle and based upon the coverage from Matchace never will.
    Oh by the way……… DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DDAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.AIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWDAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.DAIWA.

Anonymous

CriageH66, you might not have owned any Browning gear but thats likely to be because you have never seen any of it. Some of the Browning tackle is very good and very well priced.

Liking the Browning Facebook page will give you the chance to see some of what you have been missing. Liking the Browning page will also help matchace and his team to keep their sponsorship by spreading the word about the Browning products.

Whats wrong with that?

Steve, surely if you’re looking at the browning page in the first place then it makes no difference whether you like it or not as it has promoted itself?
    And how can you link it to retaining sponsorship as no-one gains financially the more likes they get. It’s just a calling card to say they’ve been on the page and they may never ever buy any browning products. How can they determine how many ‘likes’ have been added due to matchace spreading the gospel?

TF_CriagH66

I fish with two Browning sponsored team anglers. One uses a Z12 the other swears by his Garbolino Super Legion. Both use a mix of tackle brands, though both are fully kitted out in Browning clothing courtesy Browning sponsorship. Both sing the praises of quality tackle from any brand. Neither rant on incessantly about the superiority of Browning.
    Both anglers and the team they fish for maintain their level of sponsorship primarily through excellent results. They do not need to be “liked” though they are two of the most likable lads you will ever meet.
    I have no problem with facebook and users, though I personally prefer not to use it. I do take issue with any angler that “pushes” a brand above all else from a position of self interest rather than bearing a true comparison with similar items from other brands. A major factor in me no longer purchasing angling monthly’s.
    By the way……..
    DAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIW.

TF_badger
    Participant

@criagh66 wrote:

I fish with two Browning sponsored team anglers. One uses a Z12 the other swears by his Garbolino Super Legion. Both use a mix of tackle brands, though both are fully kitted out in Browning clothing courtesy Browning sponsorship. Both sing the praises of quality tackle from any brand. Neither rant on incessantly about the superiority of Browning.
    Both anglers and the team they fish for maintain their level of sponsorship primarily through excellent results. They do not need to be “liked” though they are two of the most likable lads you will ever meet.
    I have no problem with facebook and users, though I personally prefer not to use it. I do take issue with any angler that “pushes” a brand above all else from a position of self interest rather than bearing a true comparison with similar items from other brands. A major factor in me no longer purchasing angling monthly’s.
    By the way……..
    DAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIWADAIW.

TF_CriagH66

Badger. LYL. (Like Your Like).

TF_matchace

thankyou for your support guys and gals
    we are trying something new and to be fair i cannot thank everyone enough
    as for craig’s comment everyone is entitled to there opinion
    and to tell everyone here and the world that a friend sponsored
    by a tackle company that his friend
    is using another product of someone elses
    well let me say i would’nt apreciate it
    and im 100% sure his sponor’s dont either
    craig you should realy stop eating those sour grapes
    these dont seem to agree with you
    in the end they will only make you sick if you dont stop

TF_moto46

Not sure why everyone is so defensive over giving the Browning page a like? it’s simply to build up knowledge and followers to a brand, most companies do it including my own Norfolk Angling Blog page on fb. At the end of the day if the updates are not to your taste just unlike. I agree some can be a bit much a well known bait company beginning with M springs to mind (North Korea would be proud of the propoganda) I havent seen anything like this from Browning and it’s nice to be aware of the products they have so give it a try!

TF_matchace

thankyou thankyou for your very honest opinion
    i truly apreciate it thankyou

seems it will soon be sadly /browning -PI ‘like’ by next year.

Some cracking new stuff by PI – cant see that lasting in the future or development commitment to the brand – except its excellent UK distribution once the take-over beds in.
    Thats nothing against Zebco-browning though as their poles would ‘fit’ well in with PI for the rest.

TF_matchace

wightangler i would love know what you know
    this is a total new on me then i might be able to ask the question
    as far as im aware (only my opinion of coarse)
    the take over was done months ago
    is there some press release to back up what your saying

just a quick note though BROWNING have lead the devlopment race with poles and other equipment for the last 6 or 7 years ever since the launch of the Z12

TF_GLEBE1

@matchace wrote:

just a quick note though BROWNING have lead the devlopment race with poles and other equipment for the last 6 or 7 years ever since the launch of the Z12

Based on what evidence? Define “other equipment”?
    Do Browning have a single popular item that has taken the market by storm in the last few years? Any that you see on the bank everywhere you go i.e Daiwa Pro/Airity poles, Maver XL pole rollers, Mossella Luggage, Rive Seat Boxes to name a few examples that you see on the banks at most fisheries.

If your going to spout like that, give us something that backs it up please.

‘Matchace’
    it’s a fecking sale and take over – ie take over – cherry pick the profitable good bits, and market area sales – then run down the rest plus redundancies. Why do you presume that angling companies are somehow different to any other market buy-outs ?

Looking at the demise of quality own brands like Normark, Abu, Mitchell and the much missed Lerc et al after being bought out – or the ‘ressurrection’ of brand names like image, boss etc.by Roger Surgay, Sports Direct & Wonga – to sell tat made by the former.

Why would Browning need total catalogue duplicates and cost of products they already own brand produce?

TF_matchace

Editor, Alex Bones, visits Europe to check out the convention-defying square Z14-1 Advance.
    When the designers at Browning sat down to revamp their flagship pole it was always going to have to be a bit special to beat its predecessor, the mighty Xitan Z12.
    With most manufacturers now taking advantage of advances in carbon technology it’s fair to say that if you stripped the graphics from most flagship poles on the market you’d struggle to separate them in terms of performance.
    Where Browning has scored, in particular with its Z12, was the comprehensive nature of the package. This is something they’ve managed to further improve upon with this latest launch. And, Browning has maintained the same true-length format with the long-section design, which measures up at 16m without the need for mini extensions.
    The benefit of these shorter, square sections being that long lengths of pole become more comfortable to fish and less stressful on your forearm and elbow.

The Z14-1 Advance pole itself is naturally an improvement over the existing Z12, but that in itself was a challenge and something that has been achieved by using a silica-reinforced carbon and resins to increase the pole’s strength and ‘bounceability’. The use of the silica material means the pole sections are more resilient if dropped of knocked, meaning they’re less prone to fracturing or breakage under ‘normal’ fishing conditions.

Being made on the same mandrel as the Z12 and Z10 means existing owners of these Xitan poles have the luxury of fully interchangeable sections. If you own one of the other poles from the Xitan range from Z9 down, then the top seven sections are also fully interchangeable with the Z14-1, too.

Even the paint has been minimized to reduce weight and every aspect has been carefully thought out, including the rod holdall, to take the pole and mass of spares.

There’s no doubt this pole is really going to put the cat among the pigeons and, rest assured, this is not just ‘another’ pole with yet more marketing hype. It’s a pole designed with purpose, a clear focus and genuine improvements that will, without a doubt, benefit the discerning match or pole angler.

There is also an exciting development on the puller bush front from Browning – a moulded directional bush – with no moving part to go wrong. These come ready-supplied with the new Z14-1 Pulla kits. And, there are one-piece top kits supplied with the pole and available separately.

The pole will be available before the end of 2014. For Alex Bones’ full review check out an up and coming issue of Match Fishing magazine.

TF_matchace

wightangler wheres the facts, facts is what we live by
    YOU DO NOT KNOW THE FACTS
    secondly read the post above if you the think BROWNING are not innovative
    thirdly it has become more than obvious to some of us who like the best no matter who makes it we will use it end of
    i strongly suggest you consider your words more carefully in the future
    and swearing by what ever manner is totally not called for

There’s no doubt this pole is really going to put the cat among the pigeons and, rest assured, this is not just ‘another’ pole with yet more marketing hype. It’s a pole designed with purpose, a clear focus and genuine improvements that will, without a doubt, benefit the discerning match or pole angler.

TF_Tim_D

I bet this new pole does feck all. You’ll still see a daiwa majority without square sections lol!!

Matchace, can you truthfully say that you didn’t just copy all that lot out of a sales brochure? 😀

TF_sillysod

It’s from match fishing mag site Nicky

What’s the point though steve?

You don’t see much browning tackle on the bank nowadays it used to be popular it will end up being exclusive to sports direct or Boyes stores

TF_sillysod

If i only knew….

TF_CriagH66

I remember reading similar reviews of the Daiwa Air, MAP 901, Drennan Acolyte, blah, blah, blah……………………………..

Matchace, you have a long way to fall mate.
    The day he breaks a section of perfection on his beloved Browning pole someone had better be there to remove his belt and shoe laces.

http://www.matchfishingmagazine.com/news/item/2026-browning-launch-square-pole

regarding;
    ‘i strongly suggest you consider your words more carefully in the future
    and swearing by what ever manner is totally not called for’

coming from you and your previous serial comments on threads on here (including a few deleted by moderators)- the phrase ‘pot, kettle black’ springs to mind.lol.

I’d also point out that you haven’t answered any of the points i raised with examples regarding company take-overs.

Regarding the new Z14 – the new silica resin properties does sound impressive.

As for elbows – i’ve got some garbo flat butt exts. if i need – which do the same job as the ‘innovative’ square dolly butts on the new Z14.

Seem to recall the FAPS hexa – great idea and pole in its day(apparently a hexagon shape is nature’s strongest structured shape) – but allegedly didn’t sell particularly well – but that imo, was genuine innovation in design.

TF_matchace

wightangler you are blowing everything out of proportion
    in a massive and i have swore on any thread
    like ive said in the past PROVE IT

BROWNING have a world wide patent on the new sections
    so how do you compare it to what you know please prove it
    i would also add if you dont like what i do or say simple answer dont read it
    it is realy that easy

but im sure you will certainly be looking to have a go at the new Z14-1
    im sure and think the same as us BRILLIANT

TF_robbiesch

The Browning gear that i have bought in the last few years has been good quality and the champions choice bomb rods from the 2012 catalogue were the best bomb rods ive had. However for browning it’s the availability of spares, after sales service and sometimes finding somewhere that stocks the gear that lets them down in quite a big way, even when you talk to their reps direct they let you down.

TF_matchace

robbie if you have any problems please mail me i will try my best to get it sorted
    and if you think they were good you want to try the new viper range of rods awesome mate
    mail me if you require any furthur assitance

Chris are you a fully sponsored browning angler I just thought you were an avid fan of their tackle?

TF_matchace

sponsored mate as of last august 2013

TF_matchace

i

TF_matchace

i

TF_matchace

iiiooooooo

TF_Paddy

Go on then Chris, give us a clue?

TF_matchace

sorry mate i was on my new i phone 6 testing it out so i can here 24/7
    the previous posts please ignore
    bloody complicated phone thats all i can say

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.