candle wax section coming loose

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing candle wax section coming loose

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  TF_Anthonywaters 7 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

How much candle wax do i need to apply to my daiwa joints to stop them coming loose?
    I did all the joints on my g8 but i think i went ott and now i have cleaned it all off the male joints to have another go, trouble is the stuff seems to stick like hell to the inside of the female joint and i need to clean this as well.
    what would be the best stuff to clean the inside of the female joints be, i tried shower gel.
    Is there any commercialy made stuff that does the same job as candle wax without the sticky mess that attracts sand and grit.
    I read somwhere that the wax should be applyed in lines to the male section, would you do lines round the circumference of the section or verticaly up the joint?

Thanks in advance the crumb
    ~think

TF_budnudd
    Participant

Good post this as I broke my 14m section on bonzai yesterday. I was fishing at 17.5m (club match) and the sections slipped apart while shipping back, playing a carp. End of male joint was crushed and I had to go in after the rest of my pole that was heading off between the islands, what a day! still landed the blighter though~clap )

I’m gonna start treating my graphics sections with candle wax now and I believe you apply it in verticle lines down the male joint.

TF_nimrod

i put robertsons strawberry jam on my tourney, works a treat but attracts lots of wasps ~clap ~clap

@nimrod wrote:

i put robertsons strawberry jam on my tourney, works a treat but attracts lots of wasps ~clap ~clap

Make sure you wash your hands after applying the jam before you take a leak, it could end up making your eyes water.~clap ~clap ~think ~think

@budnudd wrote:

Good post this as I broke my 14m section on bonzai yesterday. I was fishing at 17.5m (club match) and the sections slipped apart while shipping back, playing a carp. End of male joint was crushed and I had to go in after the rest of my pole that was heading off between the islands, what a day! still landed the blighter though~clap )

I’m gonna start treating my graphics sections with candle wax now and I believe you apply it in verticle lines down the male joint.

What pole is it a daiwa on the t pro mandrel?
    IT always seems to be around the sixth and seventh section on my g8 that loosens.

TF_budnudd
    Participant

Tourny pro mate. Ive never have issues with it and its 3yrs old now. Never broke a pole section ever before, until yesterday so guess it was just one of those things! but still gonna candle wax it~hand

Agree with lump, I’ve got a Tourney Pro and never yet had a problem(…..touch wood) as many owners seem to have. I similarly put the section together and twist the final bit together probably only quarter turn max – sorted.

Having had others complain of this before I did wonder at one stage if this was down to the pull on the roller, maybe if poorly positioned but can’t see it somehow as I have the same rollers as many others, I use the preston V and sometimes the Daiwa/Boss flat one when its windy.

TF_pecker

try using maver carbon spray x3 tins then you might end up with a maver 77 that dont come apart~clap ~clap ~clap
    sorry could not resist

TF_nitro

surely everybody twists the sections when putting together? How else can you put a pole together…they can pull straight off if you dont twist them on~think

TF_Anthonywaters
    Participant

All Daiwas come apart just try to remember to keep giving them a twist, First thing Mal Proctor told me when I bought a daiwa.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.