daiwa quiver tips

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing daiwa quiver tips

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  TF_GLEBE1 5 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

has any1 else found the new range of tips feel slightly heavier than the old tips???? also where can i get the original canal tip from i think its the 1/4 ounce one! just bought a new ultra soft tip and there nowhere near the same.

thanks

lee

TF_squatt

The daiwa tips are not good. They should wake up and start making a range of useful carbon ones with decent quality and size guides.

TF_caudal fin
    Participant

you could try drennan tips they fit daiwa rods as well

Daiwa have made the new tips cheaper and in doing so have deprived me of one of the best breaming tips I’ve ever used. The old sensitive orange/white tip was perfect but the new 1oz version of it is much stiffer and not to my liking at all. No doubt the new tips are aimed at the commercial carp scene where sensitivity doesn’t matter.

@squatt wrote:

The daiwa tips are not good. They should wake up and start making a range of useful carbon ones with decent quality and size guides.

No thanks! Hate carbon tips! Not keen on the Drennan or Preston either, love the original Daiwa red and white, fast taper tip, only tip I use, cut back to next eye for carp, as it is for silvers but they do break easy as they are! Not seen the new tips but got loads of old 1s! 😀

Nathen have you got a 1/4 ounce original daiwa tip you want to get rid of.??? ill bye it off you if you have.

lee.

Is that the red, ultra fine 1 you mean?

TF_squatt

Nathan I should have explained that most of my fishing is long range still water silvers and English or foreign rivers. To me the Daiwa/Drennan just don’t cut it for these venues.

thats the 1 nathen pm me if you want to sell it.

regards

lee green

Like Nathan I use the original ‘sensitive’ orange/white fast taper tips for nearly all my stillwater feeder work, but the new version is no way as sensitive as the original. It is marked 1oz and is probably the equivalent of the original cut back to the first eye. OK for Nathan’s carping probably 🙂 but pretty useless for my requirements. 🙁

TF_GLEBE1

When I used Daiwa tip rods like most have said the red and white tip was by far the best,why on earth have they changed them???

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.