Domain name – Sensas.co.uk

Home Forums Fishing For Sale/Wanted Domain name – Sensas.co.uk

This topic contains 15 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  TF_nimrod 7 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Big-Float
    Participant

Hi Chaps,

I own the quality domain name – http://www.sensas.co.uk – this obvioulsy generates quite a few enquiries already so if there is a tackle dealer out there with a sensas account who fancies making a few quid contact me. I have offered it to ‘A Sensas Representative who shall remain nameless’ and he had first chance to buy it but he offered me 1p – let us say I was not impressed!

Serious enquiries only please.

TF_squatt

Why??? when Sensasmatch. com takes you to the UK Sensas site.

TF_squatt

In fact I will raise his offer to 5 British pennies.

TF_Rossn

Very dodgy trying to sell a trademarked name as a domain name. Trouble is that Sensas could turn round and demand that you sign it over to them…without even paying the penny that they originally offered. You could also be accused of “passing off” i.e. pretending to be THE Sensas.

It’s really not worth putting in lots of work to build the new site just for it to be taken away from you.

How Bizzare I would have thought Sensas would have jumped at the oppertunity to own the .co.uk domain in its name

I have a fair few too Si, uktrades was a squatt but I ended up putting it to good use had allsorts call me for that including a rather large threatening Confederations legal dept

TF_Spiderman

Have you thought about applying for the apprentice? ~think

@rossn wrote:

Very dodgy trying to sell a trademarked name as a domain name. Trouble is that Sensas could turn round and demand that you sign it over to them…without even paying the penny that they originally offered. You could also be accused of “passing off” i.e. pretending to be THE Sensas.

It’s really not worth putting in lots of work to build the new site just for it to be taken away from you.

Cyber Squatting is perfectly legal Ross nothing can really be done about it unless it can be proven the domain is being used in bad faith IE mimicking or tricking people in to thinking your are someone or something you are not, very similar to typosquatting like what happened to epson some time back where a company registered and used the name epsom

Holding a domain name or buying one for future sale does not come close to the above
    there are companies that buy them by the thousand for future sale

@rossn wrote:

Cyber Squatting is perfectly legal Ross nothing can really be done about it unless it can be proven the domain is being used in bad faith IE mimicking or tricking people in to thinking your are someone or something you are not, very similar to typosquatting like what happened to epson some time back where a company registered and used the name epsom

Holding a domain name or buying one for future sale does not come close to the above

TF_Rossn

Completely agree that cyber squatting won’t get you into trouble although I thought that the trademark holder could claim it from you if they so desired.

I was more concerned that somebody might buy it to put up a web site selling Sensas or other fishing related products. Then you are definitely on dodgy ground because people assume that http://www.sensas.co.uk is the REAL Sensas rather than somebody posing as them. It’s a very grey area that is inhabited by lawyers with bottomless pockets.

Anonymous

@big-float wrote:

Hi Chaps,

I own the quality domain name – http://www.sensas.co.uk – this obvioulsy generates quite a few enquiries already so if there is a tackle dealer out there with a sensas account who fancies making a few quid contact me. I have offered it to ‘A Sensas Representative who shall remain nameless’ and he had first chance to buy it but he offered me 1p – let us say I was not impressed!

Serious enquiries only please.

~think ~think ~think BORING ~think ~think ~think

@justin case wrote:

It *may* not be illegal (though it may well be if Sensas have their name trademarked) but if they have a trademark then you are most certainly in breach of Nominet’s terms :

“7.4 by registering or using the domain name in any way, you will not infringe the intellectual property rights (for example, trademarks) of anyone else;”

If Sensas wanted it and contact Nominet I have no doubt whatsoever that Nominet will take the domain from you.

If you try to earn money off of the back of it knowing it is trademarked then you can also face prosecution. Posting here about it in a public forum wasn’t the greatest idea as you’ve now told the world that you’re fully aware and anything you do with it is with that knowledge :-/

TF_tewton

@justin case wrote:

@rossn wrote:

There might be companies who do it but it is still the internet equivalent of running a wheel clamping operation.

TF_scarf

There are loads of companies making money from buying and selling car registrations and nobody objects to that.
    Can’t see much difference with domain names myself.

Please refer to our policies.You must state a price when selling.You should know better as it`s the same on TA!!!

@tewton wrote:

There might be companies who do it but it is still the internet equivalent of running a wheel clamping operation.

Not really you cant have a foreign company decide once setting up their business in another country, that is our name we want it back. there is protection also for the small guy who has purchased the name in good faith, and as I said before unless someone is actually mimicking the company or bringing the companies name down by unfair use there isnt a lot that can be done.

They had the oppertunity of registering .fr and .com, one dictates the country of operation one the fact its a company. ( which they have both registered ) its the same as .gov equates to government .gov.uk equates to government in a specific country, this also works for LTD companies with the introduction of uk.ltd.

Sam
    Although the clauses you have posted are indeed from the Nominet terms and conditions there are other sections that protect the domain owner,

I beleive your wrong in this instance as the .co.uk owner is not doing as the clause denotes as bad usage, I had to go through the rigmorol of a large confrderation who wanted my domain I initially told them offers around 60k and we can talk, instead i got a solicitors letter with loads of big boy threats, they lost, and 8 yrs later I still own the domain and use it.

Look at what happened when David Beckham moved to LA Galaxy some dude from Milton Keynes bought every permetation possible each one now points to an unmanned domain that pays the owner for click throughs. 🙂

It business, “we forgot to register that one” is no reason to demand something.

TF_nimrod

@justin case wrote:

@tewton wrote:

Not really you cant have a foreign company decide once setting up their business in another country, that is our name we want it back. there is protection also for the small guy who has purchased the name in good faith, and as I said before unless someone is actually mimicking the company or bringing the companies name down by unfair use there isnt a lot that can be done.

They had the oppertunity of registering .fr and .com, one dictates the country of operation one the fact its a company. ( which they have both registered ) its the same as .gov equates to government .gov.uk equates to government in a specific country, this also works for LTD companies with the introduction of uk.ltd.

Sam
    Although the clauses you have posted are indeed from the Nominet terms and conditions there are other sections that protect the domain owner,

I beleive your wrong in this instance as the .co.uk owner is not doing as the clause denotes as bad usage, I had to go through the rigmorol of a large confrderation who wanted my domain I initially told them offers around 60k and we can talk, instead i got a solicitors letter with loads of big boy threats, they lost, and 8 yrs later I still own the domain and use it.

Look at what happened when David Beckham moved to LA Galaxy some dude from Milton Keynes bought every permetation possible each one now points to an unmanned domain that pays the owner for click throughs. 🙂

It business, “we forgot to register that one” is no reason to demand something.

~clap ~clap ~clap ~clap ~clap

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.