drennen matchpro ultralight 13" or im9 finesse 13"

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing drennen matchpro ultralight 13" or im9 finesse 13"

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TF_inky finger 2 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

TF_LAST HOUR

Looking to get a new rod for silver fish fishing on lakes in the winter months using .10 + .8 hooklengths toyed between the above rod but don’t no which one to get is there much different between the two apart from price ?

TF_april9092
    Participant

Matchpro just brilliant rod

Anonymous

Both excellent. The IM9 just allows for quicker & easier storage etc when made up but is almost the same as the Matchpro when assembled.

I own both the ultralight14ft, the finesse and an acolyte 14ft i prefer the finesse for fine lines. It may be marginal but one join must lead to a smoother even tip pressure curve leading to less broken very light hooklengths. It’s also easier to carry made up and is a nicer looking blank imo. I would still have the much crisper acolyte ultra over the ultralight having fished with both and just set the clutch to give a little on the strike when using very light lines. I may well sell the ultralight 14ft for £100 as it’s only been used for three sessions and is mint. The cash buyer would have to collect. .

TF_LAST HOUR

Just been offered a im9 finesse classic so might go for it !

Just be aware they are two different rods the classic is more powerful and is the sister rod to the finesse.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.