Duane Seckington Memorial Match Results

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing Duane Seckington Memorial Match Results

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  TF_Wheely Crap Angler 7 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Firstly I have to start with a few people I need to thank.

Steve Ringer
    Giles Cochrane
    Darren Cox
    Steve Martin @ DHP
    Trev Price and Gary Thorpe
    Gareth Purnell
    Mick Wilkie
    Hillbilly
    Gaz Malman
    Everyone that gave generously to the raffle.

The three lads that won the auctions for a day with a top angler: JohnH , [email protected] & Col Dunphy.

Ady Hornby who tirelessly runs around for me doing all the things I cant.

Although we had a few no shows we still managed to get 30 anglers to Alders Farm for the Duane Seckington Memorial.

It was really muggy all day and the fish weren`t really having it but everyone had a few , including those that didn`t bother weighing in.

Top rod on the day was Jamie Jones on peg 22 with an impressive 161-0. No pressure there as he only had Trev Price sitting on peg 23!!

I really thought we would struggle this year to raise a good amount of money but once again I have been proven wrong. I think a pat on the back is in order for every one of you. Between you all there will be a cheque going to “The Duane Seckington Forget Me Not Fundâ€

Dave

Fantastic day out at Alders – starting off with the famous brekky, organised draw, lots of banter and laughs.

It was certainly muggy but the fishing was great and a decent battle with Blaggers next door made it.

Good to meet you Dave and look after my next lot of wilkie floats (be nice if wilkie could get some tapered diamonds done).

Excellent prizes in the raffle and i have managed to off load the worm shears already!!!

Thanks for all your hard work and hope to see you there next year ~clap ~clap

Cheers

Craig

TF_dottedown

Thanks for a great day out Dave, really enjoyed it!
    Fished quite well for saying the fish were spawning~clap ~clap
    I thought I had a spare peg to my left till Trev turned up GULP!

well done Jamie , nice result.

TF_Chris Owen
    Participant

A huge well done and thank you to Dave and all those who fished and supported this match.

I was gutted to have had to miss the match but will be there next year.

Well done Jamie on a great win, and a good weight on the day.

TF_ubat

Thanks Dave & Ady,
    and very sporting putting them fish back Dave, LOL.
    Thanks to all those that supported this event and well done once again to Dottedown.
    (Somebody somewhere should seriously consider trying to sponsor this fish catching phenomenon)

Dont mention the fish Ron ~shh ~shh ~shh

TF_Jadstar70
    ubat wrote:
    Thanks Dave & Ady,
    and very sporting putting them fish back Dave, LOL.
    Thanks to all those that supported this event and well done once again to Dottedown.
    (Somebody somewhere should seriously consider trying to sponsor this fish catching phenomenon)

Ive been saying this for the last 12 months Ron~clap ~clap ~clap

He certainly can fish a bit!!!!

TF_herbie

can i add the somerset boys thanks to yourself and ady for an excelent day out david. enjoyed every minute. thank you~clap ~clap ~clap ~clap ~clap ~clap ~clap

That`s ok mate we like to cater for the less fortunate ~think ~think

TF_Chris Owen
    Participant

Word is Dave you were operating a catch and release policy.lol

**** off

The truth is I had a dodgy keepnet (broke tilt mechanism) and subsequently put 3 fish back due to missing said net…..probably cost me second place overall but hey ho that`s fishing!!!!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.