elasticated leads and feeders guru x safe

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing elasticated leads and feeders guru x safe

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TF_punchcrumb 3 years ago.

• Author

HI what are your views regarding the use of elasticated lead and feeders? most commercials state no fixed leads or feeders, however a lot of people use the guru x safe feeders or leads.
    Would you assume its ok to use a guru x safe even though the fishery rules say no fixed feeders?.
    I do not know of one single fishery In the area I live In that makes a point of stating one way or the other If the guru x safe leads are allowed or not.
    This can cause a few problems as I know a few people will say the gurus are safe so there ok but they do not clarify with the fishery owner first.
    Personaly I belive if the rules say no fixed leads then the guru x safe leads fall into the fixed variety so should not be used.

111 views and not one person got a view on this subject 😀

TF_Rhino

Where I have asked they regard the guru x safe as fixed. Whiteacres are considering allowing them next year. As they are safe I can’t understand why they should be banned.

@rhino wrote:

Where I have asked they regard the guru x safe as fixed. Whiteacres are considering allowing them next year. As they are safe I can’t understand why they should be banned.

There Is a way of rigging an inline lead whereby should the main line snap the fish would be left with just the hooklink and no trailing line It was demonstrated by a barbel angler on an online video however this would be deemed a fixed rig also.
    There is obviously some value In allowing this rig and obviously the x safe system anything that creates a safer rig must be better despite It being fixed.

While the GURU x safe system is probably the safest elasticated system,any feeder,or lead that is not free running will be classed as fixed,or if it is free running,but stopped at some point by a leger stop or float stop on the line,it is classsed as semi fixed,or semi bolt rig.and is still banned on waters that state no fixed lead

@tidalwave1 wrote:

While the GURU x safe system is probably the safest elasticated system,any feeder,or lead that is not free running will be classed as fixed,or if it is free running,but stopped at some point by a leger stop or float stop on the line,it is classsed as semi fixed,or semi bolt rig.and is still banned on waters that state no fixed lead

Yes but if its better for fish welfare surely It makes sense to allow x safe rigs or any other safe variants, there Is a degree of prejudice towards bolt rigs being unsporting but a running rig with a reasonably heavy lead or feeder and the tip tightened to the lead will be an effective bolt rig.
    I surpose you can get to the stage where the rules become far to complicated shame really though 🙂

Anonymous

Just ask the owner before the match starts,its their water,their rules,their decision,thats the ONLY way that you will find out, not too tough to sort out

@punchmeat wrote:

Just ask the owner before the match starts,its their water,their rules,their decision,thats the ONLY way that you will find out, not too tough to sort out

Of course you are right there but quiet a few waters the owner only makes an appearance half way through a match to have his palm crossed with silver 🙁
    At least that appears to be the case In my neck of the woods 😀

@punchcrumb wrote:

@punchmeat wrote:

Of course you are right there but quiet a few waters the owner only makes an appearance half way through a match to have his palm crossed with silver 🙁
    At least that appears to be the case In my neck of the woods 😀

And I am only refering to small club type matches but this In no way means that ignorance of the rules Is not offered as an excuse for not sticking to them. 🙁

Anonymous

In that case just get on them until someone shouts that your cheating,then the ‘i didnt realise’ excuse can be used and its sorted 🙂

@punchmeat wrote:

In that case just get on them until someone shouts that your cheating,then the ‘i didnt realise’ excuse can be used and its sorted 🙂

pukka m8 😉

TF_redarmy

i use both the feeders and the new bomb system where allowed but most fisheries would definately class them as fixed and not allow them.it is a bit of ignorance with some fishery owners but its there water there rules.

@redarmy wrote:

i use both the feeders and the new bomb system where allowed but most fisheries would definately class them as fixed and not allow them.it is a bit of ignorance with some fishery owners but its there water there rules.

There Is a well known angler who Is currently suggesting the use of the elasticated guru inline leads for straight bomb fishing I am sure there will be further discussion In the near future about the pros and cons of this system .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.