Elinor Fishery August 10th

Home Forums Fishing Fly Fishing Elinor Fishery August 10th

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TF_MichaelLenson 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author

TF_geepster

August 1st – 7th

99 anglers caught 212 fish of which 126 were returned

Best Fish
    6lb 2oz John Barrett, Corby, damsel nymph
    + a further 7 fish over 4lb

Best Areas
    Bank – coarse bank, east arm, boat bay
    Boat – west arm, pylon point, east arm, down middle

Best Patterns
    Damsel, grhe, black buzzer, red or green diawl bach, red apps, orange blob.

A steady week when it fished much better on days with cloud cover. The far end of the lake is still holding more fish for both boat and bank anglers.
    The damsel hatch is starting to slow down although remains the major food source during the day. Sedges and small buzzers on the menu at night.
    The cooler night temperature has kept the water well oxygenated, clear and consequently the fish are in much better condition than usual for August.
    They are prepared to chase a pulled blob or muddler through the surface as well as take dries.
    The rod average is sure to improve providing there is not another heatwave.

Next Stocking
    August 15th

Sunday November 13th is the date for The Dave Hughes Memorial Fur & Feather.
    9am – 3pm
    £25 entry which includes fishing fees (£5 for season ticket holders)
    Boat or bank fishing available.
    Proceeds from the raffle will as usual be split between Air Ambulance and British Heart Foundation.

Greetings! I am a big fishing lover. I can spend the whole day on the river and fishing. Your site is very cool for me. I want to say a big thanks for sharing all these cool posts and photos. Maybe I can show you my catch. Please keep it good posting. And do not hesitate to use http://www.custom-paper-writing.org for all new posts and be sure in their brilliant quality.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.