Fishing Shallow

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing Fishing Shallow

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TF_TIDALWAVE1 2 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

When it is raining – do or don’t?

dont let the rain come into the decision I have caught in a festival at stafford moor where it rained that hard you couldnt see the far bank never mind my float! Amazing that the fish can even detect a pellet has gone in. To get an idea of how much it rained the whole complex came up by 5″ during the match!!

TF_JohnH

Fishing shallow is still good in the rain. Temperature and air pressure are the main factors behind the depth at which the fish hold themselves in the water column.

I have caught shallow plenty of times during heavy downpours.and caught extra shallow 3-6 inches deep in storms that have raged all day.
    what i find works best is keeping the noise of bait localised by using bigger baits that make a louder sound on the surface to differ from the constant sound of rain hitting the water.and have used balls of paste the size of a golf ball fished just under the surface before now. and fed 10–11mm pellets over the top.

TF_JohnH

Your post just reminded me TW that I won a match once fishing paste in 10 foot of water at depth. I had one fish, a big double take the paste as soon as I cupped in, I thought I had foul hooked it as the float just ripped off sideways but it was fair and square in the top lip.
    It was foul wet weather at the time too..

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.