FISHO

This topic contains 85 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  TF_NathanWatson 6 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Col Dumphy
    Participant

anyone been informed wether theyve been sucesful with there tickets/choices yet?

Mongloid

The results are on the Angling Trust website……………

But one guy has 18 tickets for the last one at lindholme lakes , looks like he will have a pretty good chance of winning it, lmao.

TF_jono

I would be suprised if we find out before thursday or friday!

TF_Beanpole
    Participant

Got 4 5 don’t no yet as Lindholme crashed URL http://www.anglingtrust.net/fl/fom/draw_venues.asp

TF_Craigy H

Got Partridge.Boldings,Woodlands. Don’t know about Lindholme,but my money is on Matt Hall going through to the final on that one hahahahaha

Mongloid

There are 13 tickets not sold for one venue & only 5 on the reserve list for another both southern venue’s, maybe thats why they have the majority of the matches up country,

@mongloid wrote:

The results are on the Angling Trust website……………

But one guy has 18 tickets for the last one at lindholme lakes , looks like he will have a pretty good chance of winning it, lmao.

Where? I can’t see it!

TF_Stevie H

Applied for one at Viaduct and got it 🙂

Nathan, Click here…

http://www.anglingtrust.net/fl/fom/draw_venues.asp

I applied for 7 and got 3 with one pending.

Still can’t find it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mongloid

When we looked at the AT site last night (tuesday 8th feb) there was only one name on the list for the Lindholme match and it was repeated 18 times, looks like they have fixed the problem now.

Mongloid

Its there, ive just been on it 30 seconds ago.

Well, I can’t find it! Says draw has taken place so click there and it says list will be published shortly!?

nathan

Its down at minute!

However you are in on 6 or 7 about the luckiest bloke on there, got sick of seeing your name hehehehe!

At a bare minimum i remember seeing you in on 5 plus at least 2 reserve lists

adam1
    Participant

nathan if you just click on the link further up the page it should just come straight up.
    You ll be on every qualifier…… always been lucky! Haha

@the big fella wrote:

nathan

Its down at minute!

However you are in on 6 or 7 about the luckiest bloke on there, got sick of seeing your name hehehehe!

At a bare minimum i remember seeing you in on 5 plus at least 2 reserve lists

I hope more than that mate! Applied for 14 and get 6 guaranteed!

@adam1 wrote:

nathan if you just click on the link further up the page it should just come straight up.
    You ll be on every qualifier…… always been lucky! Haha

It don’t mate, comes up saying I need to sign in, do that and get what I described above!

adam1
    Participant

if you log in on the angling trust website then come back onto this site( in the same window, change the web adress in the bar) and click on the link again it should come up. Or it does for me any way.

Ya’ve lost me now, I ain’t Bill Gates!!!!!!!!!!

Nathan

you are in on 10!!!!

Plus reserve on 1!! so from 14 I suggets you have about topped everyone!
    ~clap ~clap ~clap

I’ve found it, they ant made it easy this year! I make it that I’m in 11 with a 21st reserve and 2 low reserves, 1 of which is Packington that I wanted, wish I’d put that as 1 of my 6 instead of Stafford Moor now seen as that has only just sold out with very few reserves!

hehehehe cant believe your disappointed!

Good luck

TF_bram
    Participant

this is doing my head in.cant find it anywhere~think

TF_bram
    Participant

its let me in now!

Anonymous

Applied for 5. Got 3 plus 13th res on one and 5th rev on another.

Well pleased.

worm drowner

3/7 and well down the list on reserves. Bit disappointed. But will go to all 7 and wait for the no shows who can’t be bothered to turn up or ring in

got 2 out of 4. tunnel barn and moorlands chuffed to bits as its the first time ive had tickets fingers crossed.

TF_Hulme

Tried for 7, got 3 and 10th reserve on another. Just need some flyers now..!!

TF_andynorth2003
    Participant

Applied for 15 and got 10. Well happy !!
    no other decent reserves though, never mind.
    I can see some miles going on the car this spring/summer!!

@andynorth2003 wrote:

Applied for 15 and got 10. Well happy !!
    no other decent reserves though, never mind.
    I can see some miles going on the car this spring/summer!!

You still got that net for me?????????

TF_andynorth2003
    Participant

yes mate, you can pick it up on 16th July from Cudmore if you like. lol

Col Dumphy
    Participant

6/10 and high reserve on one, im happy wi that

First time applying and got 4 out of 4, happy with that!

Shame as my good mate applied for the same 4 as me and only got 1 with no reserves,so I’ve got a few long journey’s on my own to look forward to!

@mongloid wrote:

There are 13 tickets not sold for one venue & only 5 on the reserve list for another both southern venue’s, maybe thats why they have the majority of the matches up country,

Maybe it is because they aren’t spread so well down here and if you only have 1 or 2 chances on venues you have never fished then you don’t stand a chance at all! Barford was my nearest, 65 miles away and somewhere I didn’t fish too often but used to fish that when I could get a ticket. Now it is not used at their request.

The nearest to me now is now Monk Lakes in Kent – Round the M25 and through the Dartford Tunnel and assuming no holdups – 2hrs 15mins – No thanks. I have never fished there and never will. The same applies to Packington Somers Fisheries, in Coventry and Lakeview Fishery, Leicester, both over 2 hours away. I have fished almost every year right from they were on natural venues. I can’t drive for 5 hours a day to fish venues that I don’t stand a chance on. 2 1/2 hours back after fishing all day just isn’t on for me anymore. The chances are that I would fall asleep on the way home ~sick

@welshmagic wrote:

Shame as my good mate applied for the same 4 as me and only got 1 with no reserves,so I’ve got a few long journey’s on my own to look forward to!

Everyone that applies goes on the reserve list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TF_jono

applied for ten and got 3.
    bit disapointed with that but it is a lottery i guess.

13th reserve for holly farm so will probably attend that one.

How does the reserve list work then im on 2 reserve lists if 30 people dont show is it the first 30 names on the reserve list that get the ticket if they are there??

@double red wrote:

How does the reserve list work then im on 2 reserve lists if 30 people dont show is it the first 30 names on the reserve list that get the ticket if they are there??

Yes!

TF_Beanpole
    Participant

Applied for 5 and got them all well chuffed

Col Dumphy
    Participant

i think monk`s not selling out and s/moor only having a few reserves will have a lot to do with them clashing with the w/acres milo festival

TF_kev34

Applied for 5 got 13th reserve at lakeview and thats it……

4 years and twice joining Angling trust for a reserve place,feel a bit cheated specially as peatling is my local and never even got that ~naughty

Couldnt even get Eye kettleby a few years back 2 miles from my house,yet blokes drove 5 hours there and back…Just dont get how they allocate the tickets ~think

Anyway gl those who have tickets but i can`t believe how unlucky i must be~sick

pullabung

applied for 12 and got 3

TF_D.W.

I got all the ones that I applied for!!!! NONE :o) lol

TF_GALPS

How come there are 300 names for the Lindholme qualifier and approx 15 on the reserve list?

i thought there were only 130 places per match?

Not for Lindholme. They made a special exception as they had the pegs and it is the final qualifier. Don’t know if it still only the winner who goes through though.

@Waveney One wrote:

Not for Lindholme. They made a special exception as they had the pegs and it is the final qualifier. Don’t know if it still only the winner who goes through though.

I would think its only the winner who qualifies or it would mean a 17 peg final.
    ~think ~think

Can’t see Neil Machin or Darren Cox’s name down for any of the qualifiers, which seems strange.~think ~sick

TF_andynorth2003
    Participant

Darren is down for some, but it doesn’t look like Neil is? seems odd?

yorkiboy

I have always wondered if anybody has applied for tickets from the very first Fisho who has never got a single ticket yet?

SteveS

@nathanwatson wrote:

@welshmagic wrote:

I’m not on the reserve list for at least 1 I applied for, and my mate is the same, what’s going on then??

@steves wrote:

@nathanwatson wrote:

@welshmagic wrote:

I’m not on the reserve list for at least 1 I applied for, and my mate is the same, what’s going on then??

Maybe if it was a really popular 1 they haven’t published them all but I thought they had this year. Give the Angling Trust a ring and check.

TF_Rhino

Got 6 from 13 applied for, happy with that especially as I got my most favoured venues. Some venues are mega popular – WV, TBF and Woodlands Thirsk always seem to be difficult to get on in my experience…I managed my “local” in Thirsk but no go with others.

TF_Hulme

How far up the reserve list do you have to be to have a good chance of getting on the matches guys??

TF_andynorth2003
    Participant

I would say top 25 – 30 on the reserves list at this stage you might have a chance.
    Angling Trust will update the lists as people hand their tickets back in closer to the match and you will move up the reserves list.
    Its all then down to whether you want to chance it on the day for a peg?
    Sit tight and keep your fingers crossed!!

TF_yorkshire

applied 12 got 8

TF_jon

been keeping an eye on the match this dates expecting the numbers to fall rapidly once people missed out on fisho qualifiers but they dont seem to be yet.

TF_Hulme

Cheers andy, will see how far up the lists i am closer the time!

TF_LukeJames

just wonderd if anyone else hasnt had a email?

i applied for 4 tickets and my name is on the list for 3 of them and reserve on the other but not had no email to say ive been successfull and no money as bin taken out. Its been 3 days and thought i would of got one by now???

TF_Craigy H

I got an e-mail today saying that i had my 4 and that the money would be taken in the next couple of days.

Col Dumphy
    Participant

try looking in yer spam box, thats were my email was

ok why dont fisho just allow two tickets each to those whose name is pulled out then there would be a lot more hapy ones than the greedy with more than 4 ???

pigslayer

how can it be that one person has tried for 4 years and never got a ticket,yet another this year has got 11,for whatever reason this is not fair and needs looking at.~naughty

Mongloid

@pigslayer wrote:

how can it be that one person has tried for 4 years and never got a ticket,yet another this year has got 11,for whatever reason this is not fair and needs looking at.~naughty

FISHO is a totally random draw, some are lucky some are not, and nobody associated with this competition seems to be able/want to come up with a different system for ticket allocation.

pigslayer

well for a start they need to scrap the veterans club or previous winner crap.6 guaranteed tickets,yet some people dont get any.no one should have more than one ticket,if theres people with none.

well said pigslayer

To give people a better chance of a ticket put four matches on at the same time over four weekends, max tickets anyone gets then is 4 much fairer and will encourage people to enter.

@mike pattinson wrote:

To give people a better chance of a ticket put four matches on at the same time over four weekends, max tickets anyone gets then is 4 much fairer and will encourage people to enter.

Wouldn’t sell out!

IT WOULD BE NICE TO LET THEM TRY NATHAN ??????

also how ridiculous to have a 300 peg quaulifier and only 1 gets through at lindholme, youve more chance of winnin the lottery!! its a joke, in fact the qualifiers need lookin at i remember one at bradshaws and if ya werent drawed on lake 4 , the competitors didnt even tackle up and wasted tickets, why is nothin published by angling trust or better barry hearn to how tickets are allowcated..

@proper tidal boy wrote:

IT WOULD BE NICE TO LET THEM TRY NATHAN ??????

What, and them loose money????????

Precisely in one nathan and why i think its allright jack when people get more than 4 tickets ,its easy to support fisho to the hilt. Unlike those who dont get a sniff??? how many chances do quality anglers need ????? ANY MORE THAN TWO IS JUST GREED?????? IN MY HONEST OPINION

All depends on how many you apply for, how willing you are to travel and commit! And quality anglers often 16 isn’t enough! All about the draw in the qualifyers, loads of crap pegs, lakes! Why penalise the people that are willing to commit time, money and effort! The only people that moan are those that just apply for a few local venues!

There are lots of people who don’t get any tickets, lots more that don’t even try, because there chance of getting a venue they know a little about, is so remote.

So to say it would not sell out is I think a bold statement to make.

2080 entries (this year 2250) 1 North 1 E-Mid, 1 W-Mid 1 South. Four venues one in each are for four weeks. Not that difficult and I think it would sell out!

Ok Nathan ille try and break down your last post.
    1 how far do you drive to your furthest fisho comp ???
    2 committed to what winning or just tanking part??
    3 ive allready stated that half the venues are not suited to 130 pegs
    4 how do you divide 300 pegs at lindholme to one wi
    nner fiasco comes to mind
    5 why do you state 16 isnt enough would you prefer 10???
    6 how much revenue does fisho create in comparision to payout
    Now i know nathan you are only a partisipant but surely you must see the need to let more people take part, so as to ease the complaints. To make fisho a more appealing competition FOR A LOT MORE PEOPLE ~think ~think ~think

here here give the little man in the stream a chance.

There is no limit on how far I’m willing to travel, furthest I’ve been is 360 miles each way and regularly go over 200. Committed to taking part and trying to win! All I was saying is that the best angler in the world can fish all 16 qualifyers and not qualify if he doesn’t draw the right peg! I think the payout should be a lot more as they take more than double what they did when it first started! And everyone has as much chance of getting tickets! Apart from the few in the Veteran’s club obviously but some of them don’t even bother now!

the fisho is a great contest with really good anglers who may or not fish the final,i dont apply but watch the final,its entertainin watchin , not keen on cudmore though £15 a spectator is a rip off when it used to be a fiver a car…

TF_kev34

@nathanwatson wrote:

All depends on how many you apply for, how willing you are to travel and commit! And quality anglers often 16 isn’t enough! All about the draw in the qualifyers, loads of crap pegs, lakes! Why penalise the people that are willing to commit time, money and effort! The only people that moan are those that just apply for a few local venues!

I find your last comment abit out of order as i would travel as far as possible but am restricted due to work and a few of the matches are during the week,Tbf/moorlands/woodlands not exactly down the road from leicester so wind your kneck in and enjoy your 12-13 tickets or whatever you have ~naughty ~naughty ~naughty ~naughty

good luck in quaulifiers nathon youll be there.

@kev34 wrote:

@nathanwatson wrote:

I find your last comment abit out of order as i would travel as far as possible but am restricted due to work and a few of the matches are during the week,Tbf/moorlands/woodlands not exactly down the road from leicester so wind your kneck in and enjoy your 12-13 tickets or whatever you have ~naughty ~naughty ~naughty ~naughty

What????????????

I work too but everyone is entitled to holidays! And all those venues are close to Leicester, you’re very lucky living so central!

I have 11 tickets by the way!

deano1
    Participant

How many tickets did you get kev ~clap ~clap ~clap ~clap ~clap ~clap ~clap

And Nathan hopefully you will win and pay for a round of drinks ~sick ~sick

nathan you seem to have eluded the question 1 do YOU drive to the fisho venues ???

@proper tidal boy wrote:

nathan you seem to have eluded the question 1 do YOU drive to the fisho venues ???

Never saw the question!? Yes I drive to most or sometimes I go with a mate and pay half the fuel.

TF_mart4666

I think Nathans comments,are perfectly valid.I put in for 6 and got two .two years ago I got 5 out of 5.year before put in for 7 and got none..I think if you put in for 16 you’d probably get at least 5 and possibly 10 or more.thing is because of work I’m not willing to use loads of holidays to apply for all. I work continental shifts so Saturday often worked.I ain’t got the total commitment that some show.but I’m willing to have a go and thats why I pick 6 or 7. It’s pot luck if its a a random draw .

TF_Neil

As it’s a computerised draw it would be easy to put a cap on the maximum number of tickets any one angler can obtain.

TF_jon
    NathanWatson wrote:
    All about the draw in the qualifyers, loads of crap pegs, lakes!

How very true, probably the best statement ive read, be interested to here which lakes you know you will not qualify off if you draw on them mate?
    for me, it would be lodge lake at viaducts!

@jon wrote:

@nathanwatson wrote:

All about the draw in the qualifyers, loads of crap pegs, lakes!

How very true, probably the best statement ive read, be interested to here which lakes you know you will not qualify off if you draw on them mate?
    for me, it would be lodge lake at viaducts!

Think it was match lake at Viaduct last year where they had netted all the big 1s out and stocked tiddlers!? Also the little new lake at Stafford Moor, loads of others but can’t remember the names! Personally I hate snake lakes and am not confident and don’t believe many experts even can win on them unless they draw an end or corner peg!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.