Hall lane fishery

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing Hall lane fishery

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TF_tony csas 3 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

TF_tony csas

Anyone give us any info on this fishery got a club match on it next week were on Merlin cheers

TF_respect

hi Tony,look for the shallowest water across and fish maggot and groundbait! if like myself last week on peg 14 I unfortunatly had 3 feet across and had too many liners (I fished balls of g/bait and dead maggot)
    After an hour I only had 2 carp in the net so fished down the track on meat and hemp which produced another 8 carp but I had to wait for bites..
    I fed g/bait and maggot down the edge in 3 foot and had 2 barbel and 4 more carp in the last hour..
    I weighed 45lb for 4th in the open which was won with about 65lb (the winner had shallow water!)
    I had to feed quite heavy in order to get bites (half a big pot every fish) the pegs with the gaps in the islands are difficult to beat and are the flyers.
    Hope this helps

Pete

TF_tony csas

Cheers lpete never seen fished the place,how far across are the gaps in the island can you reach with pole or tip ? :confused:

TF_respect

Merlins is a canal style water with about 50 pegs,roughly 24 on each side and two pegs on each end, there are two gaps/channels, pegs 9 and 10 are on each corner of the first gap then pegs 16 and 17 are on the second gap! I don’t know the peg numbers on the other side? All pegs are 15 or 16m wide!to fish into the channel pegs you will need a tip rod!
    Pete

TF_tony csas

Cheers Pete again

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.