heronbrook fishery

Home Forums Fishing Fly Fishing heronbrook fishery

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  TF_tip mon 10 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

guzzle
    Participant

Hi there , any info on how island pool is fishing and what baits are doing the biz.

Manc

Fished a match there 2 weeks ago.
    I was second with F.ones. Peg 14. Method to corner of island with Sweetcorn on a 14s. Peg 12 won it with 6mm expanders over hemp close in on pole.
    Fished pretty patchy although it was still settling down after the floods.
    Fish showing now to Red Maggot nailed in the track as it gets colder. Definately better in the windy pegs.

dave_rushton
    Participant

iam their this weekend do they still catch on small bits of paste close in or has that a no no now cus it has gone cold, do you still catch up in the water,
    and when feeding maggot what’s best to feed with it micros or just maggot.

BBR1
    Participant

Fished it a couple of weeks ago, caught mostly all brand new f1s on 4mm pellet over nuggets of groundbait.Average 2 fish to the pound, ended up with 32lbs, then there was 26lb odd and 20lb odd. Dont think anyone bothered with paste on the day Dave and they werent havin it shallow neither mate

dave_rushton
    Participant

thanks for that m8y.

dave_rushton
    Participant

on that day m8 was it best to just feed a nugget groundbait on it’s own (after every fish) or did you put ant micros in with the ground bait as well,

BBR1
    Participant

Dave, i put a small ball in with micros at 9mts- 10 and 2 o’clock, went on the tip at the start for 1 fish. But the pole line was better, small nugget with micros after every fish 4mm on the hook.Think you will catch at 4mts later on aswell mate same method

3 nets
    Participant

throw your pva bags away guzzle and dont eat all the sausages!

dave_rushton
    Participant

i fished it today and won from peg 23 with 68lbs, second was peg 16 with 30lbs, thrid was peg 14 with 27lbs,
    i fished 16m all day about 1ft off the island up in nthe water with pellet.

Dave who
    Participant

well done mate good result.

jag man

3 nets ?????
    who you kidding, more like a jam jar !!!!

guzzle
    Participant

Does anyone know if you can float the pole at heronbrook and does it work ?

TF_tip mon

hello fella’s…i got a match on the bridge pool at weekend. anyone know hows its fishing or what the methods are?

dave_rushton
    Participant

guzzle i don’t think you would need to float pole mate as most of the fishing at heronbrook is speed fishing or fishing to far banks in shllow water.

TF_tip mon

bridge pool anyone????

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.