How to get Banned from every fishery in the country

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing How to get Banned from every fishery in the country

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  TF_Kagger TNB 3 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Watch this clip

shocking! think they really need to learn the basics of fish-handling and how to use a keepnet. Given that some of them are using pullas then would think all their mostly brand new keepnets would have rather feckin’. obvious pull thru-handles- not that you need them anyway. 🙁 Pretty sad, really – some nice looking women though. 🙂

TF_macca63

Picking fish up by the eye sockets who on earth started that? Uneducated peasants should be shot at dawn

it might be interesting to see how they would like being picked-up by their eye-sockets!
    You’d think they might have also had the gumption to take a large unhooking mat for their pathetic efforts or even the long grass two foot away.
    Perhaps our AT could make an official complaint via FIPS to their coarse federation to hopefully prevent these prats in future?

Anonymous

thing is…it may be barbaric to me and you but to these people its perfectly natural…

TF_steve r

@squeaky roller wrote:

thing is…it may be barbaric to me and you but to these people its perfectly natural…

Not only is it perfectly natural to them but as most if not all of the fish are taken for the table after the weigh-ins they have no logical reason to engage in any sort of careful fish handling welfare techniques. All fisheries [natural and commercial] in this country are obviously very different in that we practise catch and release so they can be caught again and again and our fish welfare outlook corresponds accordingly to that – who’s to say that’s not cruel in itself ?.

Early 1900s we used to kill our fish in matches

absolute rubbish – if you bother to look they are also seen clearly returning the fish to the water from the weigh net.

– they also seem mainly Italian judging by the voices.
    you might to like a return to the ignorant barbarity of bye-gone eras but fortunately europe seems to have mainly moved on.

I can’t remember the exact circumstances, but several years ago a top continental angler picked a fish up by the eyes on a big match on the embankment in Peterborough.

He was slated for it and subsequently apologised.

I cant remember who it was (it was one of two chaps at the top of our game who’s christian name begins with an ‘m’), so I wont name names.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.