January Match Fishing Magazine

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing January Match Fishing Magazine

This topic contains 14 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  TF_matchace 2 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

TF_april9092
    Participant

Brilliant magazine this month, superb and the best yet.
    Only one thing i thought the ASI box should have got a mention, but maybe other people will say about other classic tackle, like the Nash luggage in one colour black.
    Marry Christmas to you all.

TF_superslab

I think i must have a different copy to you.Mine was full of old articles and adverts which meant i finished it in about 20 mins.When i subscribed to 12 issues for £20 i thought 1-66 was a bargain,but i got exactly what i paid for,a cheap magazine.When i stopped my subscription many months ago as it was getting boring (apart from underwater secrets) i missed it at first but soon forgot about it,so when the offer popped up i thought why not jump in again and see whats going on,not much.I dont think the bait offer(subsciption) is up to much,best to spend the extra £30 on 10 kilos of top notch groundbait of your choice.Hope the next issue is full of in depth articles,tackle tests ,head to head etc.

TF_nick2b

The problem is, this issue is going to have very little appeal to anyone younger than 45 or have started match fishing in the last 25 years or only who fishes commercials.

Personally, I am really enjoying it. I think the magazine should be a mixture of informative articles, diary-type things, stories/funnies and miscellaneous stuff. I think it is a real pity we have no ‘diary of a club angler’ type pieces or Mike Whinney stuff – but I think that is mainly down to a lack of skilled contributors.

For less money than a half of beer (taking into account the deals), I think it’s good value.

TF_rb211

Yep must agree I buy the magazine to read good articles on fishing tips new tackle etc not a full magazine on fishing legends yes its a nice touch but why not put that in a as a free supplement and have the magazine what you subscribe to about what you paid for but I guess it would not be free anyway we would pay extra as per the dvds stuck to the front every now and then which are no better than the free ones from the tackle shop !

A good read when I was a kid was Mr Crabtree ! 😀 Reckon he done it for free , and no sponsor . :p :p :p

TF_slippery

I have to agree with a few above.Seems like it was thrown together and all the staff could have a jolly up over the festive season. 😡

TF_neptune

Mines still not arrived yet phoned them today and they said if it ain’t arrived by end of week ring back but don’t look like I’m missing much when did yours arrive

well what do you expect look the Photo journalist has two options he can either go out in the freezing cold to record a proper feature take a 100 photo’s and the edit them down to 3 for the feature it self and then spend a day writing the article ready for printing/submitting to his editor for review or alternatively regurgitate some old stuff would take best part of half an hour doesn’t tie up his editor too much at this time of year and then go partying with his mates might even see the editor down the pub for a pint, after all where on subscription so it’s a case of lumping it or liking it as they say 🙂

TF_Big Gaz
    Participant

Same here Neptune, still not arrived here. I have received my pole mag, but not match fishing.

TF_markc

Mine arrived finally today! What a kop out! I am of an age where I am conversant with all of the names and probably read the originals. If they wanted to reprint this stuff then it should have been done as a supplement as someone already suggested.
    And what exactly makes it a “Collector’s Special”???
    Over to you Mr Bones.

TF_badger
    Participant

@markc wrote:

Mine arrived finally today! What a kop out! I am of an age where I am conversant with all of the names and probably read the originals. If they wanted to reprint this stuff then it should have been done as a supplement as someone already suggested.
    And what exactly makes it a “Collector’s Special”???
    Over to you Mr Bones.

I agree completely, I’ve probably still got some of the original magazines that the articles came from, so I’ve no interest in reading them again.

TF_Big Gaz
    Participant

Mine too has finally arrived.

Following the TV’s lead over Xmas……..just review what’s considered the best of the past.

To be fair it reminded me of reading and re-reading them years and years ago but I think its a bit lame being an entire issue and as others have said not a supplement as well as your expected magazine.

Whilst pg130 of the December issue said what was coming I somehow thought it was as well as not instead of!

TF_chubby checker
    Participant

its just like the xmas telly full of repeats in my opinion rubbish glad i didnt buy it over the counter they should have done one legend a month over the year

TF_matchace

my honest opinion is that jans match fishing is brilliant
    we seem to forget we are in winter mode
    i also thought it was good to read about world champions
    i enjoyed it !!!!!!!!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.