Lerc, Reglass, Sensas.

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing Lerc, Reglass, Sensas.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  TF_daddyjoe 5 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

TF_Paddy

Having had Lerc poles for years, last year i went for a GXR 3001 – 11 months later has proved that the Reglas poles are not a patch on the old Lerc French made poles.
    I am going to ditch it and go for a Sensas pole.
    I am looking at the Sensas Power Match 874 but i have not committed to buying it at the moment.
    Any body got one?

TF_Dodge

Ive got a 774.

Love it , nuff said ! 😎

Anonymous

yep me too.gonna get another if it ever wears out. 😀 😀 😀

TF_Paddy

Are the female ends reinforced/wrapped?
    What elastic ratings do the match and power tops go to?
    If you take the numbers one’s out the match tops, are they the same length as the power tops?
    Just a few questions that spring to mind – I’m looking for a site that tells me this, but i’m struggling to find one.
    Dodge, i know you say “nuff said” ! but come on matey, help me out here!?!? 🙂

TF_Paddy

As a side issue, if anyone is interested in a Gxr 3001, 11 months old, brought new from Fosters, extra short 4’s, all elasticated, cupping kit, cups, holdall etc, pm me – The number 7 is in 2 with a clean break. All others sections and top kits are mint, still have the number one’s. I will take into account the broken number 7 if any one is interested, or i will ask Esselle to sort it out.
    I will put it up on buys and sells in a couple of weeks, but if any one wants a bargain before that, either pm me, or leave a message. 😀

TF_Dodge

Paddy, i do mostly natural venues these days so my 774 is geared up for that circuit using the silver super comp top kits for ……… silvers work 😀 😉

However ,i use the yellow match top kits (no 1 removed) for the carp stuff . Be an idea to purchase a couple of strong blue number 4s to go with the very strong power tops for margin work etc if your into that stuff 😉

There is a run down of all the Sensas Power Match Series poles and top kits , number 4s , 5s etc etc on the Sensas Match website 😎

TF_Paddy

Silver, Yellow, Blue???????????????
    I am a Sensas virgin here mate – Lerc/Reglasss keep it simple! Can i take it that colour equates to strength?
    I would of thought all your kits would have been BLUE!!!! (moon)!!! 😮

TF_Dodge

@paddy wrote:

Silver, Yellow, Blue???????????????
    I am a Sensas virgin here mate – Lerc/Reglasss keep it simple! Can i take it that colour equates to strength?
    I would of thought all your kits would have been BLUE!!!! (moon)!!! 😮

Lol ,

here is a link that will explain the full range of top kits etc 😉

http://www.matchfishingmagazine.com/news/item/677-sensas-catalogue-2012

TF_macca63

I switched over to a Sensas 774 about 10 months ago (after losing confidence in my Maver 501 after the number 6 section just exploded when shipping out) and to be honest its the best pole I’ve owned by a country mile, poker stiff, light, strong and 11 top kits and 3 x number 4’s as standard.

I was interested to see the difference between the 774 and newer 874 and tried them side by side at the Fisho on Saturday and to be honest the difference seems negligible. The Sensas customer service is top notch too I bought a 56XL cheap off eBay and ordered a new section which arrived 24 hours later.

TF_Paddy

Dodge – Good on ya wak – bit of bed time reading, i was going to print it, but its a 46meg PDF down load – might kill my printer!
    As for your earlier comment about carp – nah, deffo not the be all and end all to me. I dont do puddles, mainly do naturals and rivers in equal portion over a season.

Macca, nice 1 matey, its good to here you say about the customer service, was that through your local tackle dealer/shop? if so, which one?

TF_wanger

sensas poles are lovely pieces of kit but don’t measure up to a true 16 m my mate as a 774 and put it between the measuring posts at lindholme and could not believe how short it was even with a doll butt up it it was well short.my garbolino gmax 1000 was bang on 16 without a doll butt and i cut plenty off.

TF_macca63

@paddy wrote:

Macca, nice 1 matey, its good to here you say about the customer service, was that through your local tackle dealer/shop? if so, which one?

I purchased my 774 via Leigh Tackle and Bait and ordered my spares for the 56XL there too, whilst someone pointed out Paul Hughes the rep only lives a few miles away it makes no difference – I’ve had Tricast in the past and actually driven to the factory and had to wait then for a week for something to materialise. Whilst the Browning rep only lives a few miles away and put me in touch with a dealer who was going to get me a Z9 last year again nothing materialised in several weeks of waiting (Brownings doing not the rep I hasten to add he couldnt have been more helpful) hence why I went down the 774 route.

hi paddy i too have a 774 sensas pole and like dodge has said Ive never looked back ,but i know its being replaced by the 874 as stocks dry up
    but the good thing about sensas poles they all fit each other so you might get a cracking deal on a 774 without the worry of not being able to get spares
    and that’s the other thing with sensas poles the package that goes with the pole is second to none top 5s the full set are incredibly priced .well worth the money 😉

TF_lump

do sensas tops fit browning poles? (Z9)

TF_jollyboy

Yep they do

TF_Paddy

Thought this post was a gonna!
    I had the Sensas 874 a week ago and have been elasticating top kits etc.
    I have had the additional dolly but sections that go between the 4/5 sections and the 5/7 sections for fishing short which i think are great.
    The rest of the pole looks and feels great, but i have not used it yet.
    Down side would be the cupping kit – they do 2 differant lengths, of which i have the shorter one.
    It comes like a top 3 match kit in effect with the number 1 piece being an inside tele end, the 2 and 3 sections being put together.
    No matter how you look at it, think about it, measure it, in conjunction with the cup attachment in mind, you cannot get it to fit the top kits at the same length.
    I took it to Fosters in Brum in the end to get a bit of advise and there is a chap in there called Paul (top bloke).
    He even said that they are a bit of a pain – the number 1 section gets taken out, the number 2 gets tellied into the number 3 and a Preston attachment fitted!
    But having said that, that has been the only bit of tatting around that has been required.

TF_daddyjoe

i,v had the 874 for 6 weeks now [upgrade from the 654] and its the best pole by far and a fantastic package of top kits.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.