Match lake Larford

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing Match lake Larford

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  casteromar 6 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

TF_bluebottle
    Participant

Got a match here soon ,not seen the place.
    Does anyone know the best way to approach it.
    Ive heard the pegs are a bit tight ?

TF_clfletch

It’s hard pellet all the way – don’t bother with expanders. 6mm generally. All methods work – and you can catch quite close on the deck, but shallow long wins a fair few matches, and the pellet wag has its day. The margins are well worth feeding – 8mm meat and hemp is a good bet – beware using smaller as the skimmers will have it. Most fish are big F1’s, but with quite a few larger carp of 5-8lb. This time of year fish grey or black hydro. Target weight 140lb in an open, but this can vary up and down.

It’s the most tightly pegged venue I’ve ever seen on the shallow bank – 1 peg every five metres. On opens they double peg it though, so you get about 10m, so still quite tight. I’m not sure why it’s pegged in this way – I’ve never seen every peg in.

It’s a great venue though – well worth the trip.

casteromar
    Participant

just come back from a week festival down there mate burr bank 8mm meat at 5 mtrs need a few tins tho fish over hemp and 6mm feed pellet grass bank start off at 13 mtrs but feed a margin line 12 ” deep fill it in. the fish are shallow but not feeding properly ready for spawning

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.