New matrix box

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing New matrix box

This topic contains 42 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  TF_carpa22 5 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

TF_gunta

Has anyone seen this yet, I was wondering does the footplate adjust in height independantly to the box.Its hard to tell from the photo with the magnified view, it obviously slides out but unsure if you can raise it.

TF_stav

No you cannot adjust the height of the platform and it is part of the frame, the only way to make the box higher or lower is to add or remove drawers or trays. It pretty much a copy of the rive or preston with better build quality and drawers

TF_Coxy

On leslies of luton website mate

TF_paulD

Looks like just an update of the old Fox box. I had one of the originals and it was very good apart a broken catch. I changed to a Rive but may consider going back if it is an improved Fox box. Getting fed up buying Rive leg knobs as have got through 4 this year.

TF_dunno

@pauld wrote:

Getting fed up buying Rive leg knobs as have got through 4 this year.

There is an inexpensive cure for that. About £30 gets a a set of proper metal knobs.

TF_Rossn

Stav,

Do you know if the legs go through metal or still through plastic like the MSB Euro. I’ve had 2 legs break off my MSB Euro and not interested in buying another box built like that.

Thanks

Ross

TF_hempseed

looks like a preston box with a fox seat on!

TF_gunta

Had a leg break off my fox barrow platform too

TF_Coxy

You having a rough time Gunta?

TF_gunta

ARE YOU STALKING ME

TF_daveyboy

I see they are selling the frame separately , so if you have a msb box,you can use the existing draws. And trays

TF_moto46

Absolutely superb piece of kit very well made, stable and lightweight

TF_daveyboy

Where abouts have you seen one moto?

TF_gunta

TF_Coxy

Does the new matrix box come with a built in ladder so that Gunta can climb up to the seat 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

TF_daveyboy

@gunta wrote:

http://www.fishmatrix.co.uk/catalogues-products.php?product=15&catalogue=7&section=7

Hi gunta, I thought he had seen one in the flesh so to speak

TF_gunta

daveboy , sorry see what you mean.

TF_daveyboy

Any one know if these are on the market yet????

TF_Lambhead1

Chapmans look like they have it in stock

TF_Bazza4662
    Participant

Climax Tackle in Chesterfield are also saying they have it ??

TF_daveyboy

Thanks lads,climax have them in,chapmans will order one

Anonymous

Nowhere has them yet as they have not been released yet!!

TF_wezzy

@tackle wrote:

Nowhere has them yet as they have not been released yet!!

correct middle of next month according to climax and danson tackle i want the trolly

Anonymous

The barrow is due this week

TF_daveyboy

Any news on these boxes yet?

TF_Pink

I was told by my tackle shop that the Matrix box arrives in the UK on June 21st, so I imagine they will be in the shops shortly after that date

TF_daveyboy

Thanks for that Pink

TF_craigo

@moto46 wrote:

its just a slightly updated Fox box with an over inflated price, no better than a Preston box just far more money

If true to form, the build quality will far exceed that of preston innovations, you get what you pay for in most things……exception being Rive – my Rive box was shite – the drawers were pants and it was replaced with Fox

Picked up the Matrix box frame today, fitted all the old trays to my spec, very impressed.
    Does weigh a bit compared to the old MSB box but is is a lot more stable.
    Very happy.

TF_daveyboy

@medway poacher wrote:

Picked up the Matrix box frame today, fitted all the old trays to my spec, very impressed.
    Does weigh a bit compared to the old MSB box but is is a lot more stable.
    Very happy.

where abouts did you get the frame from medway poacher?, thats what i am after

I had mine on order for 10 months?, paid for last September…….Maidstone Angling Centre is where I got it from but that was a one off.
    My mate picked his frame up today from Medway Tackle, he had his on order since November 2011, they may well have more.
    I would imagine that most of the shops have them in now.
    I hope this helps.

TF_daveyboy

@medway poacher wrote:

I had mine on order for 10 months?, paid for last September…….Maidstone Angling Centre is where I got it from but that was a one off.
    My mate picked his frame up today from Medway Tackle, he had his on order since November 2011, they may well have more.
    I would imagine that most of the shops have them in now.
    I hope this helps.

Thanks Medway poacher

TF_Rutilus

Does the frame come with the footplate and legs? :confused:

TF_daveyboy

@rutilus wrote:

Does the frame come with the footplate and legs? :confused:

Yes it does rutilus, you just clip your draws and seat to the frame

Did you get any trays with the frame only option, how’s the slide in module secure in, are all 6 legs adjustable?

If you look on the Matrix Facebook page there are various photo’s of the frame, it’s self explanatory really.

TF_ZING

I got one last friday from Matchman Supplies in Nottingham and am well pleased with it,i went and picked mine up but they do deliver for free,great staff and a great tackle shop.

TF_daveyboy

have ordered the base only from matchman supplies, should arrive on thursday

TF_ZING

Can anyone reccomend a decent side tray for the matrix box,as the msb one one won’t fit ?

TF_daveyboy

I have been using a rive d25 on my fox euro box, I hope it fits on the new frame, I will be able to let you know this evening

TF_daveyboy

Yes the rive side tray fits the new base, I should think the Preston tray will fit as well

TF_tony csas

how much are they going for chaps

TF_carpa22
    Participant

It is an easy fix to get the large msb side tray to fit the new Matrix box did mine at work took about half an hour and apart from a couple of grommets on the underside of the frame it is perfect looks all original, so good my mate asked me to do his which i have just finished, so dont go splahing money out on a new side tray.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.