New to fishing, gear and general advice?

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing New to fishing, gear and general advice?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TF_spotter1707 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author

TF_JJ-Ekland

Hi all,

I went fishing last week for the first time in about 9 years and am super excited to be getting back out and fishing.

Unfortunately, I have little knowledge as 13 year old me did whatever my dad set me up on and that was usually basic.

So currently I’m making do with a 12″ leeda carp rod and spitfire (assume it’s a carp reel?) 50RD. Equipment from when I was about 12!

I wanna get into mainly just course fishing for carp and mainly will likely fish in match lakes using floats.

I can make a standard float setup and fish that (though I still don’t really know what I’m doing other than casting out and waiting/hoping for the best)

Guess I’m just looking for advice on what rod, reel, landing net and unhooking mat to get and general gear for fishing for carp I guess anywhere from 5-15lbs and maybe heavier in future.

Also have been looking at pellet waggler fishing and would like to give that a go to change it up from basic float fishing.

So yeah, sorry I’m a big ambiguous, but it’s a big world I and don’t really know what I’m doing, so any advice would be ideal!

I probably have between £100-200 to spend on a rod and reel at the moment, but ideally would like to get a decent landing net with that budget too!

Cheers,

Jordan Ekland

Welcome back to the wonderful world of Angling!
    Your post is too big to comment on! I suggest you look on utube fishing videos for methods. The guru website is really useful.
    If you told us the area in which you live, that might help as a local tackle dealer would certainly like your custom. We may then be able to point you in the right direction!
    Personally, for your budget, I’d look at the Drennan Red Range, Garbolino or Middy.
    Keep posting though & good luck!
    Regards Peter

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.