new wet gear needed

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing new wet gear needed

This topic contains 16 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  TF_wightangler 5 years, 12 months ago.

• Author

right then i need a new set of wet gear whats the best on the market or the best value for money sets??? what keeps you dry after 5 hours in the rain?? i was looking at the daiwa gore tex range, expensive though, but does it do the business???

thanks

lee

Protak TR Range- great value for money and superb quality

TF_bagging machine
    Participant

Better still contact Halkon Hunt who make the gear for Daiwa anyway and have it made in the colours you wish and the exact sizes you specify and you will save hundreds of pounds.

TF_Pedro

Agree Goretex is the way to go.
    Expensive but will keep you dry also good longevity

TF_craigm

Protak is excellent gear and very good value for money but it will be summer before it arrives.

TF_Cutnut

If you want goretex at the right price then try here http://www.thistlegarments.co.uk/waterproofs-1-c.asp

There is also a well made quilted liner for the jacket.

I bought a set earlier in the year and cannot fault it. Delivery is spot on too.

Currently they do not do a salopette.

Incidently I’ve been a Protak TR user for years and the gear is excellant too. The delivery times can be seasonal due to demand, order now to avoid Christmas delays. You’ll find H & H just as long for delivery.

This subject was discussed earlier in the week. I can only speak for H H Goretex and Protak TR as I have had both fairly recently. For me it would have to Protak TR gear. Also if you are not too fussy about colours it seems as though delivery is currently very quick.

http://www.total-fishing.com/phpbbforum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=56890

That post says delivery within a week in one case and 2 days in another.

If you don’t mind what colour you have Halkon hunt keep some things in stock. I got a bib and brace in black next day delivery.

TF_feeder

protak all the way imo. 😉

TF_Baku Blanker
    Participant

If you want the best go to Halkon Hunt

TF_scrubba

I bought the gear from Thistle Garments after seeing the post from Cutnut a while ago. I bought a jacket and the overtrousers. Might not look fashionable compared to Daiwa stuff etc, but a hell of a lot cheaper. My only niggle is there are only 2 outer pockets on the jacket, so not terribily practicable especially for keeping phone, keys, etc tucked away. Apart from that it does the job well, so much better and comfortable than my old Shimano waterproofs.

I originally bought a large jacket thinking I would need extra room in the winter. However the jacket is cut quite generous so is a bit too big for me, so I sent for a medium which is fine. I offered my dad the other jacket, but it was big for him as well. So if anyones interested I have a large jacket available. It has only been worn to try on, so is as good as new.

Tight lines.

TF_rowdy

cant fault the thistle jacket,thought it might be cumbersome but you dont know youve got it on.could do with a phone pocket though

TF_andynorth2003
    Participant

Gonna have my Sensas Goretex up for sale in the next few weeks, as soon as the new team clothing arrives.
    Large pole jacket and B&B, as well as large windstopper.
    Its the black and green stuff on Nathans website and set me back a few quid, mint condition.
    Anyone interested give me a shout on 07786 174553
    Andy

TF_Cutnut

@rowdy wrote:

cant fault the thistle jacket,thought it might be cumbersome but you dont know youve got it on.could do with a phone pocket though

I agree with you on the phone pocket, but I don’t know many Sailors that would be texting during a battle 🙂

I have made the suggestion to them to include a phone pocket on the liner, which they are taking on board. The jackets that sell for £59.95 are end of contract MOD, but the bespoke ones that they are doing for £150 are cut to size and could have an extra pocket sorted if asked. These are now available in olive too. Even at the bespoke prices they are still vfm.

Hopefully they will come out with a bib/salopette sooner rather than later, but that will be governed by how much interest they are getting.

Just what you need when laid up in a slit trench watching the Taliban and your bloody mobile phone goes off! 😀

Has anyone tried the Leon Grant fishing clothing?

Halkon Hunt – if you order bespoke direct it works out considerably cheaper than the standard Daiwa and other branded versions made by HH for them. 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.