NICK SPEED QUALIFIES FOR THE FISHO

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing NICK SPEED QUALIFIES FOR THE FISHO

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  TF_poleangler 4 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

TF_Paddy

Have you ever been to a Fisho final at Cudmore?
    It’s won on the draw – wind direction means everything.
    If your man gets a plumb draw, he stands every chance.
    I will be there to see him anyway! cant wait, its a good day out.

TF_JohnH

Agree that draw is important but on the day anyone can win.
    There are no pushovers on any peg in this match, each angler knows exactly what to do.
    Just hope Tommy has a back up line this year, his single minded method approach cost him dearly last time he made the final.
    Those barbel are so easy to catch once you get them in your peg!! I fished this pool once and down the edge they just take the bait no messing, not like carp in the margins at all.
    I would also advise all anglers to keep an open mind, it probably will fish nothing like they praciced!.

TF_Tim_D

Any of the blokes in the final have a chance of winning, i would put my money on Andy Leathers, he’s the only one i know personally that is fishing.

TF_Paddy

Nah, dont agree with that John – If the wind is blowing from the North West and hits the water from roughly where you enter, the opposite side fishes by far better, hence more winners have come from that side in the last 3 years. Tommy Pickering did well under the TV hut, but he got caught in the end.
    The other flyer is the last peg to the right of the TV hut (looking at it) as that always seems to compete which is barmy really, as there is more commotion there as people come and go so much.
    Regarding the Barble, there are/where big periods at the last 2 fisho’s when hardly a fish was coming off, so they were not that easy – however fisho is a bit of a rare event, in so much of the amount of spectators.
    By the way 2nd at Glebe with your info – cheers mate.

TF_bagging machine
    Participant

John i have heard there are not so many barbel in there now and more carp have been added so it will fsh different to other years? if its carp shallow on the pole my money is on Neil Mc kinnon as mentioned its won and lost at the draw. Nathan is lucky but could be worse for wear?? 😀

TF_mart4666

well my moneys on Denty, this year 🙂 totally gifted lad …. if he gets a draw he’ll win… and yes i know theres some other exceptional anglers in it…. 🙂

TF_JohnH

Good call Mart, he is on fire this year it might just be his year. When Macho won it he did the same, sweeping all before him Parkdean too.
    I did not know the barbel were not as prominant, whats happened to them? When I fished this lake a couple of years ago it was solid with them and they just ate all the casters and worms I could throw at them. If its a carp shallow affair Nathan and Neil will take some beating of the right peg. That said its a very strong field so only a fool would write off anyone.
    Well done Paddy, I just dont know why they go for the swim stim here but they do.

TF_Tim_D

@paddy wrote:

Nah, dont agree with that John – If the wind is blowing from the North West and hits the water from roughly where you enter, the opposite side fishes by far better, hence more winners have come from that side in the last 3 years. Tommy Pickering did well under the TV hut, but he got caught in the end.
    The other flyer is the last peg to the right of the TV hut (looking at it) as that always seems to compete which is barmy really, as there is more commotion there as people come and go so much.
    Regarding the Barble, there are/where big periods at the last 2 fisho’s when hardly a fish was coming off, so they were not that easy – however fisho is a bit of a rare event, in so much of the amount of spectators.
    By the way 2nd at Glebe with your info – cheers mate.

Correct me if i’m wrong but last year warren won from peg 4 and shane atkin the year before on peg 1, These pegs are on the same side as you walk in??? :confused:

TF_JohnH

I think Neils shallow weight was on that side too when he pipped Tommy.

TF_b a z z e r 2012
    Participant

who would bet against tom pickering give that man half a chance

Congratulations Nick thoroughly deserved hope you do ok in the final. As to where the winner is going to come not predictable as the fish stocks are different now, with a new influx of carp. Barbel could show still but carp will be needed as I`m guessing a bigger weight will win this year.
    What ever the conditions this one should be a good match.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.