pellets for the cone

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing pellets for the cone

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TF_Anthonywaters 6 years ago.

• Author

TF_nodrog

whats the best way to do micros for the cone method?

As far as I am aware, the general consensus is to soak them for a minute per mm in size, but there is more than one way to skin a cat. Some, for example, will put them in a bag, cover with water to an inch overdepth and put them in the fidge overnight.

TF_superg10

the best way i have found is to cover the pellets with water then drain the water straight away this way after a few mins the pellets stay hard in the middle and become very sticky and hold together very well an will make it o the bottom even in deep water .just do a few at a time because after a couple hours they soack all the way through and dont bind together so well so when you cast out the pellets break up on impact and you dont want that to happen. i usally make 2 or 3 batches up in a match . this is the best way i have found and i no the bait is around my hookbait . pellet wise if i can use own pellet i will use dinamite 3mm natural or just skrettings micro and 4mm . 4mm work well for big carp hook baits number 1 would be double corn or white 8mm boile or for smaller fish maybe an 6mm banded pellet or small peice of meat another tip when you squease the pellets into the cone squease as hard as you can .

TF_Anthonywaters
    Participant

Try boiling water straight on micros and drain em staright off, spread em out to dry an cool this makes em really sticky they bind very well.

TF_nodrog

@anthonywaters wrote:

Try boiling water straight on micros and drain em staright off, spread em out to dry an cool this makes em really sticky they bind very well.

take it you do this the night before

TF_Anthonywaters
    Participant

Boiling water you would have to do night before unless you took a flask of water with you, I dont fish pellet cone to be honest I discoverd this when breaking down micros for paste when carp fishing in France. try it just rinse some off in boiling water it makes em ever so sticky dont leave them in boiling water though they fully reconstitute in seconds you need a bit of texture to remain in the pellet.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.