pole fishing

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing pole fishing

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TF_JohnH 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Author

TF_chris bell
    Participant

Hi guys, fairly new to the joys of Pole fishing, going to new venue Saturday, rules are no ground bait, or nuts, otherr than maggots what could I use as an bait to fish over

TF_Paddy

Pellets matey. Just check if you have to buy there’s or if you can use your own.

It depends on what type of Pope, a couple of nuns might do the trick, but far more likely, a couple of choir boys would get him. 😮

TF_Paddy

🙂 @ Swimfeeder- I chose to ignore that spelling error, but it made me smile.

TF_chris bell
    Participant

Some people think that taking the ___ is OK, (modded).

………..and some people think that swearing is ok – not.

TF_JohnH

You don’t mention the waters you are fishing and target fish.
    For carp this time of year pellets take some beating as posted above.
    As a catch all worm and caster take some beating if there are fish there in numbers and variety.
    You can use the soil from the worms to bind small balls of feed or simply feed it loose. A small pole cup is a useful addition to keep feed tight.
    Be prepared to fish much shallower than the water depth as fish will not want to stay down unless the weather suddenly cools.
    Even in the edge in 2 foot of water you may have to fish half that depth.
    The addition of a small tin of corn into your feed gives you an option of a bait change if they wise up.
    One final tip, you can buy a red additive in a bottle called predator plus and a squirt of this into your pole cup clouds up the water and draws fish in especially if they are shallow, over chop worm it can be deadly.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.