REPLACING SPRING EYES ON POLE FLOATS.

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing REPLACING SPRING EYES ON POLE FLOATS.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TF_Anthonywaters 4 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

is there an easy way of removing the spring type eyes on pole floats without damaging them completely,and replacing them with normal side eyes.and which are the best side eyes to buy.

scrape of the varnish off of the spring eye which may also have been glued work from the top of the spring eye with the point of a needle to locate the end of the spring prize away from bristle and unravel the spring take care otherwise you may damage the float body gently sand away any varnish from the part of the bristle covered by the spring eye to remove any varnish /glue and reseal with matt varnish, select the ordinary eye to insert in the side off the float however use a micro drill bit to ensure a nice clean tiny circular hole putting a pin into the side of the balsa may split the balsa and render the body useless so use a micro drill bit, having drilled the hole locate the side eye if carp float I like 0.20 wire extra long eyes wilkes on ebay will supply you these and you can cut the length that you require with wire cutters if they are too long glue in place with a good waterproof glue and then varnish twice to ensure no water can enter the body.

Failing that just spend £1.50 on a new hand made float! job done

Fred,Thanks for the detailed method of replacing them.i will give it a go. 😎

TF_Anthonywaters
    Participant

All floats should revoke back to normal eyes or something like that radical invention Malman has come up with the power eye, spring eyes might be strong but they cause your floats to wonder about and your line doesnt sit right, im not a fan.

changing back to normal eyes simply because i have lost a few floats with the spring eye breaking the line.

TF_badger
    Participant

@Anthony Waters wrote:

All floats should revoke back to normal eyes or something like that radical invention Malman has come up with the power eye, spring eyes might be strong but they cause your floats to wonder about and your line doesn’t sit right, i’m not a fan.

My floats are doing a lot of wondering lately they wonder when they’ll next go under!

TF_Anthonywaters
    Participant

@badger wrote:

@Anthony Waters wrote:

All floats should revoke back to normal eyes or something like that radical invention Malman has come up with the power eye, spring eyes might be strong but they cause your floats to wonder about and your line doesn’t sit right, i’m not a fan.

My floats are doing a lot of wondering lately they wonder when they’ll next go under!

Ive seen you wondering about with plenty of brown envelopes lateley so you must have been getting a few bites !!!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.