Ridiculous new rule at Woodland View

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing Ridiculous new rule at Woodland View

This topic contains 17 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  TF_clfletch 5 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

TF_clfletch

The new rule at Woodland View is that you cannot dampen your feed pellets unless you’re feeder fishing. If you’re feeder fishing you can dampen small amounts at a time.
    Control freaks! I’ve never fished it before – I was going to fish thier fur and feather until I saw that.

hi
    yep fished it late autumn!

Its good fishing but silly rules.

Its supposedly because paste is not allowed and anglers were filling a container of pellet and then they poured water in the ones on top stayed dryish yet underneath they were paste.

Breakfast I kid you not is run with military precision no waiting and well run though 😉

Anonymous

Stay away from such places Clive – no good will come of it.

TF_geepster

Why are they so anti paste?

TF_clfletch

Military precision! They’ll have CCTV on every peg next. It sounds more like a correctional facility than a place of enjoyment to me.

What happens if it is raining? Disqualification if you don’t use a brolley?

:rolleyes:

TF_Gavin

Personally, I hate places with all these daft rules (and that is one), BUT… they wouldn’t have to bring in rules like that if anglers didn’t try and bend the rules! We’re (as a group) our own worst enemy!

Geeps, they can’t be all that anti-paste if they allowed anglers to use it in the UK Champs. Seems a bit daft to me doing that if banned normally, anglers seeing it fished and catching will, I’m sure, encourage a few to cheat.

TF_Suvverner

If they are that precious about it then they should ban pellet . How can you use micro without damping it ?

TF_clfletch

They’ll ban hooks next and save us all the bother of fishing.

hi

No idea why they dont allow paste, but allow pellet?

I could always see the bigger picture with the correct pellet i.e ensuring the fisherys dont have vast amounts of high oil content pellets causing harm to their stocks etc

However as they also insist that the correct pellets are bought from their shop and are obviosly non high oil content…….

If you decide to feed them at once, dry, damp, soaking, as paste or whatever or even eat them yourself on a sarnie thats your perogative LOL 😉 😮

As if the fish are fussy lol for mud pigs 😀

P.s The pellet prices in the shop aint cheap either dearer than most other fisherys……..

Why dont they just charge you 10 quid a day and have done with it, i am sure the commercial aspects are what really drives bans etc

jimmyb1
    Participant

Fact one, the smallest feed pellet is 4mm feed pellet, the reason you can only dampen a small amount at a time for feeder work, is a lot of anglers was damping down pints and it was almost like ground bait, no one was caught using it has paste but i should imagine the temptation was there.

Fact two. As you say silly rules. But are only put in place because of silly anglers not abiding bye common sense.

Fact three, Woodlandview host so many top class matches and still do, so they must be doing something right.

TF_Anthonywaters
    Participant

I used to fish there 10 years ago and to be fair to there silly rules they get there fair share of people bending them, groundbait was banned anglers were caught mixing black groundbait with worms to disguise it as soil,they used to constantly catch people using pellets before they were allowed and having more bait than they should.I think to summarise the more rules you have the more people will bend em.

TF_clfletch

@jimmyb1 wrote:

Fact one, the smallest feed pellet is 4mm feed pellet, the reason you can only dampen a small amount at a time for feeder work, is a lot of anglers was damping down pints and it was almost like ground bait, no one was caught using it has paste but i should imagine the temptation was there.

Fact two. As you say silly rules. But are only put in place because of silly anglers not abiding bye common sense.

Fact three, Woodlandview host so many top class matches and still do, so they must be doing something right.

Where’s the common sense in banning paste made from fishery pellets? No one else does. There’s nothing unusual in dampening down several pints at a time – go on any open and everyone will be doing it in the summer months, or run the risk of thier pellets floating, as many Skrettings/Sonubaits do straight out of the bag. Tommy Pickering even shows you how to prepare hard pellets in a DVD – you guessed it- by filling a bait tub with them and dampening them!

Just out of interest if they ban paste have they also put a ban on groundbait?

get back on the rivers young man FEED WHAT YOU LIKE 😀 😀 😀 😀

TF_Bear361
    Participant

Nick I don`t think you`ve ever been able to use groundbait at WV. Maybe the banning of paste is because they do not know what pellets, additives or if someone is putting groundbait into there paste so paste has always been banned full stop? I may be wrong but just a thought? I`ve never had a problem up there with this new rule personally.

TF_Hillbilly

The fishery pellets they sell go to mush in a couple of mins anyway so unless the fish eat them right away they may as well be using groundbait. :confused:

TF_clfletch

@proper tidal boy wrote:

get back on the rivers young man FEED WHAT YOU LIKE 😀 😀 😀 😀

You’re right – I’ve booked in on the Avon at Barford on Saturday – can’t wait.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.