Sales reps!

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing Sales reps!

This topic contains 19 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  TF_Chum Mixer 8 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

TF_clfletch

Why is it that tackle co. sales reps think they can get away with telling you absolute rubbish just to get you to buy a pole? Either that or they know nothing themselves. Yesterday I was in a tackle shop and was talking about a Daiwa 412 pole I’d seen for sale. The Daiwa rep (who was on the phone at the time) told me that they were nothing compared to what is produced today, and that in fact the TD-SR3 was far better and lighter, and the same went for the Tourny X. I was so amazed at the sheer brazenness of this BS I had no comeback.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

TF_mp.milo

Gather you dont like em judging by the number of threads

cant believe your resonse was only shown on one post as well marcus sales reps are good for fishing when there on the bank or in it ?????~think ~think

one!

Don’t tar us all with the same brush.

I’ll get upset !! LOL

TF_daveyboy

@jmclincoln wrote:

Don’t tar us all with the same brush.

I’ll get upset !! LOL

?????????????????????????????????/

Dave.
    How is the Aston?

TF_JohnH

What else would you expect a sales rep to say?
    His job depends on new sales!!!
    If you want an opinion on any tackle just ask on here and whilst we will not always agree to the fine detail, there is normally a concensus of opinion.

TF_Anthonywaters
    Participant

Yeah Airity £2700 “you wont get it any cheaper infact the new batch will be going up so your lucky to get it at that price !”

” the price of carbon is going to fly up 30% increase on everything “

8 months later with all the carbon price increases and the 30% increases bob and co are knocking out Airity`s at £2400 !

FORDY 1
    Participant

How can they sell em for less than cost?~think

TF_Anthonywaters
    Participant

God knows Fordy unless the lad in question was sponsored but i dont believe he was.

disco pinkie
    Participant

cheers i’ve just brought an airity £1650 and i thought that was cheap

TF_Anthonywaters
    Participant

You mean £2650 Disco ? Someone might be pulling my plonker about bob and co i paid £2700 and i believed that to be the going price.

disco pinkie
    Participant

yes, fat fingers lol

TF_Anthonywaters
    Participant

Well dont go putting them fat fingers through your new pole a no 8 costs £340 !

@fordy 1 wrote:

How can they sell em for less than cost?~think

fordy do you no what the cost price is~think

TF_bagging machine
    Participant

@anthonywaters wrote:

Yeah Airity £2700 “you wont get it any cheaper infact the new batch will be going up so your lucky to get it at that price !”

” the price of carbon is going to fly up 30% increase on everything “

8 months later with all the carbon price increases and the 30% increases bob and co are knocking out Airity`s at £2400 !

I paid £2500 over a year ago when you were not supposed to get one for less than £2999.99
    With the current economic climate i would expect to pick one up for less than i did a year ago?

Do the tackle trade reps work on a commission basis,

TF_daveyboy

@jmclincoln wrote:

Dave.
    How is the Aston?

hope you are talking about the die cast model

TF_Chum Mixer
    Participant

@clfletch wrote:

Why is it that tackle co. sales reps think they can get away with telling you absolute rubbish just to get you to buy a pole? Either that or they know nothing themselves. Yesterday I was in a tackle shop and was talking about a Daiwa 412 pole I’d seen for sale. The Daiwa rep (who was on the phone at the time) told me that they were nothing compared to what is produced today, and that in fact the TD-SR3 was far better and lighter, and the same went for the Tourny X. I was so amazed at the sheer brazenness of this BS I had no comeback.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

The information the rep gave you I find very hard to believe. I once put a whisker against a tourny X only at 13 metre and btween the two of them the whisker had a drop of 10″ more than the X both fitted with power tops/hydro.

I suspect the new models are off the same mandrel as the airity&pro but would still like to see this td-sr3 put up along side an X because even by todays standards it is a very good pole “remember the Tourny X was the benchmark of all 9 section configerated poles” they may be old but they will still beat lots of newer models out there for sure.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.