seatown dorset

Home Forums Fishing Sea Fishing seatown dorset

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  fishy smithy 10 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

dean regler
    Participant

im off to stay at my mums holiday home for 11 days in about 4 weeks time so am looking for any info on sea fishing here . any advice would be greatfully received . im a competant course angler but have never sea fished before . many thanks dean.

Now I always get my seatown and my seaton mixed up. If its the one near sidmouth then I can’t help sorry. If its the one between west bay and Lyme regis then you’ve a lovely clear shingle beach whcih produces mackies, pout, doggies, odd garr and rays but if you wonder off to the west where the rocks start then add small pollock, wrass and the elusive bass!!

kennyboy

seatown is a good allround beach which can produce big rays and bass but it can get crowded so its worth trying eype instead which is just to the east of seatown.ive found the hotspot at seatown is just in front of the fence to the left of car park,snag free and good for rays

fishy smithy
    Participant

use lug and crab and perhaps a few rag worm. get there early enough to get a good spot and see what the tides are like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.