Tackle insurance

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing Tackle insurance

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  TF_stonecold 3 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

tornyal
    Participant

Been insured with my bank for the last 12 months just found out that it did not cover my gear when I was using it, what a laugh :confused:
    Can anyone recommend a decent cover for when in use plus theft and loss,
    Thanks in advance
    Alan 🙂

TF_liquid27

Hi,if u got home contents insurance then your tackle is insured but only at home,so if your tackle will be stolen from home your insurance should cover it.

tornyal
    Participant

Hi liquid
    My gear was covered for theft at home and outside but not covered for breakages while I was using it WHAT GOODS THAT!!!!

TF_liquid27

Hi,but is still covered from accidental damage, so basically if your kid will step on your pole(at home) you can claim it as accidental damage…

Someone mentioned Korda on here a while back… not sure as I see varying reports. Be sure you ask th eright questions when you enquire

BUT what ever you do… don’t be tempted by a Red Telephone had 2 issues with them, a car where they took my money but then say “We don’t have you on our books” 6 months later and also with Tackle they will wriggle like hell same as your Bank, all Flash no Delivery

Basically you have to tell a Porky to get your money, if you threaten to change insurer in retalliation they “Black-List” you, by the time you find another agent they have already put you onto the shared web and up goes your premium

It doe not pay to be honest….

Korda Cover.

TF_stonecold

I have been with Korda since they started the Kover , this is now ceasing and I have had to source elsewhere.
    I have gone through a company called Marsh Insurance who use tacklewise.
    Marsh do niche insurances
    The policy is cheaper than Korda and same benefits
    My policy with Korda finishes 19/03 and have started this one to run when old one ends.

I have spoken to them on the phone and all questions answered and boxes ticked

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.