Tight Pegging For a Crap Match !

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing Tight Pegging For a Crap Match !

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  TF_paulnewell 3 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

When there are masses of water to go at why would an organiser cram us into 15 yard tight pegs . Then all the locals tell you an end peg is needed to win . When you look at what some of them dish up it just amazes me how we put up with it . We know we need organisers but common sense tells us why some matches are farcical .!!!! 😡 😡 😡

TF_MarkV

Where was this ???

Some large lakes and well stocked resorvoirs can handle the tight pegging but I am talking of matches on rivers with a bit of flow . No need to fire off at organisers just a chance to air a grievance .

Those that use the forum under false names may feel they can . 😉

TF_MarkV

Only wondered. Fully understand the need for space on rivers, canals etc. Have noticed close pegging on occasion and wondered if its sometimes a case of the very common close pegging on commercials translating across to naturals simply because people don’t know any better, espec at club level.

TF_millie

@paulnewell wrote:

Some large lakes and well stocked resorvoirs can handle the tight pegging but I am talking of matches on rivers with a bit of flow . No need to fire off at organisers just a chance to air a grievance .

can they paul………your old hunting ground was well strung out on open matches remember drawing next to you on extention where we had 3 pegs each side of us

It’s now vie returned to the river seen . Some of the same old crap is still dished up . Parrot cages , that need pruning . Gravel runs where you can see every pebble . Pegs plonked right next to a canoe slope . The list don’t end there . :confused: :confused: :confused:

Anonymous

Its down to match organisers and those match anglers with influnce to point the peggers in the right dirrection. Basic rule of thumb should be to ask yourself. Would you be happy to pay your pools and fish any peg on the venue. If the answer is no to any of the potential pegs about to be used. Dont put them in. Its a disgrace to use pegs that clearly dont hold any fish. In some cases some pegs dont even hold water at this time of year in the case of our rivers. If you dont want to draw the peg. Dont use it, simple!

Paul – surely moaning about match organizers on a public forum isn’t really fair.
    If you have a problem take it up with the organizer in private.
    Organize one yourself and all the endless hassle if you think you’re better.
    Most moaners usually can never be arsed or around to assist- but nevertheless expect everything right for them individually.
    Not saying that necessarily applies to you – but i’m sure you can appreciate where i’m coming from if you’ve ever tried organising a few.

@paulnewell wrote:

It’s now vie returned to the river seen . Some of the same old crap is still dished up . Parrot cages , that need pruning . Gravel runs where you can see every pebble . Pegs plonked right next to a canoe slope . The list don’t end there . :confused: :confused: :confused:

Would’nt be the same if organisers did’nt get the blame thick skin is the only rule of thumb as a organiser and some ear muffs i fished the River fest [did’nt organise this match] but on arrival at the draw it was two pegs miss a peg 😮 on a flowing river now that to me is where organisers are to blame as this is a blattenly against the A/Ts rules yet they got away with it .this carried on into the night after the match .only to be told by a very good angler there is nothing wrong with it 😡 😮 :rolleyes: if this angler studied the results every angler with a free peg down stream had a better day than the up stream . Yes the river fished well but that was down to the fresh water and extra colour and pace . saying that the river has fished well all year 25 paces is a big enough peg 😉
    Must say Newelly was quite reserved about it still he did have 5kg 😉 😉

I have run matches and yes it’s hardwork . I think I was open to criticism . Having a quiet word by yourself doesn’t do much good . I’ve tried that . Unlike many others that complain in the pub or in the tackle shop I have stuck my head on the block . You say I am moaning ? When you spend lots of money on travel bait and pools , the least to expect is a decent length of peg , free from overhanging trees , And where possible the same pegging as everyone else ! Also no wasp nests . Some of these organisers are trying to make some money for their clubs . Some much needed revenue and good luck to them . But by taking money and offering up a service now take on a duty of care for all pooling up . IF the match is great I am sure well all enter a backslapping exersise , meanwhile I don’t think this discussion should upset any grafting organiser , especially if they are really sorting it properly !!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It’s impossible – most orgnaisers are genuinly trying to make a good match for us and deserve our thanks.
    Unless it’s a 1 peg match, there will always be better pegs to draw – so there will always be people moaning about their draw. If it’s every peg in then all are “short” and the fishing will be less good – but the two end pegs could be much better. Perhaps there isn’t enough river to go every other peg for 60 pegs?
    In the end there is always the luck of the draw in match fishing.

We are not talking of drawing ordinary pegs with little chance of winning but talking of wasting water that often could have been used . Then the short pegs and parrot cages along with wasp nests and collapsed platforms . These aren’t dealt by your caring ever so nice organiser . Far from thanking them you wouldn’t be far wrong in getting a refund !!! 😡 However there are some problems that are out of your hands as an organiser . Some age old problems lie with the terrible cutting out of pegs from years ago . When our rivers were solid some clever Dicks decided to close the pegs up , 15 yards in some cases . Sometimes a tree may be the cause . So what you get now is if your average swims are 18 yards TOOOO close for good river fishing . Every other peg is now 36 yards long and you may not accommodate eneough anglers . All we ask is for the utmost attempt to give all competitors a reasonable bite of the cherry . That old LUCK of the draw reasoning doesn’t wash when you just spent a pile on the game. :confused: 🙁 🙁 :rolleyes:

Get it right Joff just shy of 6 kilo !!! And not a spare peg below as others had ! Neither did I get 25 yards that you think enough . In fact I could hear the bloke downstream humming a welcome in the hillside . Might have been 18 yards . Someone told me the organiser left out the best section from the previous open !!! If that’s true I just don’t get it . Still enjoyed the day and the company . Can only pray these organisers take some ideas and act on them . Doubt it somehow . :confused: :confused: :confused:

That was a slow bite Paul 😀 😀 after our chat last sunday we decided we are going to re-peg sutton truth known you’re never going to get a 104 peg sellout in this stayanage. we have also re-pegged the loughborough canal again listerned to what the angler wants i’m not a big fan of every other peg as i think you miss too many good pegs out . 😉 😉

Joff I remember on the evening in the pub you and Bicko talking of re pegging the canal . Repegging is a massive task and I agree using every other can result in missing good bits . As I said earlier we do carry a legacy from the past of some strange tight pegging . Coming back to this circuit from commercials has took me back in time ! Not all of it good , but lots of them carp puddles are pegged shocking . I always insist those aren’t pegs just factory pallets bodged in by a greedy man . Problem now every other peg is too much room and not always possible . Put In perspective this really means most poorly peg venues are 10 or 15 yards short , Crying out to be redone with the angler paramount in the thoughts of those doing it . No excuses I ain’t having it 😡 😡 😀 :confused: Nearly forgot to give a huge round of applause for your efforts in Repegging . Seriously I would come and help if I lived a little closer !!! Meanwhile lots of the Avon needs doing ! See you soon 🙂 🙂 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.