Venues of the past

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing Venues of the past

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Returning to rivers and not only to matchfish it’s areal eye opener . It’s mostly overgrown and not accessible ? This chat combines with the Evesham question and all I can tell you is there is an Avon and there are some quallity fish to be caught .But they are downstream . We need some much better access from farmers . Some new organisers . And a desire from some anglers to change the autopilot on their cars Same as I had to . 🙂 🙂 🙂

TF_CriagH66

Paul, you need to get on the matches at Barford on Avon. Currently running a Winter League of 9 teams of 6. Great fishing “below” even on a very low, clear and moody river. Once we get some water it’ll be excellent below and above the weir.
    Opens most Saturdays in the new year. 20 to 30 anglers turn out. Loads of room between pegs below. Some of the best fishing on the Avon. Well built platforms on every peg.
    Beats Winter Fishing on carp puddles hands down.

Yes the upper reaches of the Avon was an old hunting ground of mine . Grove farm Hampton Lucy and I fished Barford a few times . Personally I would rather you had more water bellow the weir . All similar fishing ! Saying that I’m sure I will visit this winter . Carp fishing is now off my radar !!! Brown envelopes also , 😀 😀 😀

TF_matchace

hey paul you can bread punch mate looool 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

Sarcasm aside I do think bread fishing on our rivers will play a large part this winter . Especially if we get our reward for such a good summer . Extreme cold and clear conditions will be good for it .

Anonymous

used to fish the Trent every week in my teens(ok so it was 30 odd years ago 😮 😮 )recently returned to it this year(mainly for the national and practice)and cant believe how much of the pegs are unfishable/overgrown.fair play to the organisers/associations that have provided us with pegs.will definitely be fishing it regularly next year. 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.