water in rive trays

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing water in rive trays

This topic contains 18 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

TF_breamer
    Participant

as anyone got any ideas of how to stop water getting in rive trays and draws, whilst sitting on box in the rain?
    Cheers

TF_Sneaky

When setting up, take all you may need out of the drawers and place it on your side tray (won’t be much if you think about it), then put the cover on the box and sit on it. If you have the micro fibre seat you will already do this.

TF_mp.milo

Same as sneaky,just use the seat cover.

Jaap stam on here makes them if you want one tailor made.

ive put some foam under my seat so when i shut my drawer no water gets in. also you will find that water will get in through the gap you have between your drawer unit and seat. if your clever with that silicone saeelant it will stop it. but if you have a oldish style seat with the pole support sleeve you will always get water through this, the only way to stop it is to take off the sleeve all together.

snagger

Get rid of it, paying that type of money. (£700-£1000)A top of the range box and having to put the cover over the seat, slide a piece of foam under the seat or just get the old silicone gun out and spread it evertwhere,great selling point for Rive boxes.

@snagger wrote:

Get rid of it, paying that type of money. (£700-£1000)A top of the range box and having to put the cover over the seat, slide a piece of foam under the seat or just get the old silicone gun out and spread it evertwhere,great selling point for Rive boxes.

You said it mate, what a fkn joke at those prices.

dazaster1
    Participant

Rive Box a dream for some a reality for others!!~clap

TF_jaap stam

Bought my rive st 2nd hand from wilkie, dont think it was even a year old, with a wheel kit he had made for it for £350. Best box i`ve owned, but wouldn`t dream of paying full price for one.
    Never had water in the draws, must be you fat b****rds, bowing the seat, causing a gap at the draws !~think

TF_Nigel.

I have my double side draw open all the time, and had the same problem.
    I just driled drain holes in each corner of the draw, and in each corner of the purple dividers.

TF_Decaff

Does the water not drain into your winder trays?

i used silicone sealer on my hookbox that i made at work it may not look the dogs balls but dose the job.if you do use silicone use 1 with a good flex factor the 1 i used was everbuild everflex

is there any seat boxes out there that doesnt let in water.

TF_Nigel.

No, my Rive winder trays are seperate, as most are.
    It just drips onto the floor, but its better han having a side draw full of water.

TF_GLEBE1

Dont understand this~think ~think ive had my rive 3 years or so the heel seat leaked and my top drawer filled up but since i swapped the seat ive never had a drop of water in any of the trays or drawers~think ~think

Oh and for the record i love mine best box ive had ~clap ~clap

Anonymous

I’m upgrading my older leather pole cushion on my RX to a foam Heal cushion tomorrow so i’ll give my verdict at the weekend if it rains!

I must be wacky as I use a brolly(Waterline fibrelite flatback) so my Rive stays dry. Confucius say ‘It takes a lot longer to get dry then it does to get wet’,

TF_GLEBE1

Make sure its on sale and return Dave!!!!

TF_maker

Milo have foam between all trays and modules, they do work, keep everything dry, as for the rive’s shocking, cheap, plastic, very stable thats it!

Anonymous

Got just the answer for a stupid question lol
    STAY AT HOME!!!!~think ~think ~think

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.