Where to buy insurance for match tackle???

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing Where to buy insurance for match tackle???

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TF_gixer1 5 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Do anyone know any good insurance company where I can insure my most expensive fishing tackle(my pole’s)? I got home contents insurance with lloyds bank,but when my all tackle has been stolen I had to fight with them for 10 months before finally get repleacement 😀

This may be what your looking for. I don’t know how they compare to other insurance companies but worth a bit of research.

there all has bad

switch to HSBC home and contents insurance, they sorted my claim in 10 days, they also let you insure specific items, i.e pole, box, etc individualy as well as a blanket cover, and the cost is very reasonable compared to “specialized” tackle insurance companies.
    p.s I dont work for them LOL 😀

Did u provided to them proof of purchase for your tackle,what kind of evidence they accept to know that u got tackle witch u describe when buying insurance.Asking because with lloyds when I asked them about any receipt to provide( couse I had plenty of second hand tackle),they answer was-NO.,but when my tackle has been stolen and I made claim then starts problem.As proof they accept as follow: photography showing item,receipt or statement from original supplier. I provide to them set of photography and statement from my local tackle shop,but bank told me that this is not enough for them and I should provide receipts,but I couldn’t couse like I said before most of my tackle was second hand…Finally ombudsman help me finish this case and I get all my tackle back:-)

Did not ask for receipts or photos etc, but I did itemise the major items with them at the time of taking out the policy, like yourself I could NOT have provided any receipts, but maybe a few photos, but that would have been it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.