WILKIES ON EBAY

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing WILKIES ON EBAY

This topic contains 20 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  TF_NW Cut Angler 7 years, 4 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #40227

    I have had several emails and PMs concerning these. All those reporting to be genuine are.Unfortunately the people selling these are buying large quantities just to sell on. We have tried to discourage this but they are not breaking any laws. MW Floats is updated at least once a week , just recently twice a week. If you ever have any concerns about the floats on ebay please feel free to contact me and I will help if I can.

  • #108441

    why not just sell them on ebay directly?
    it is’nt difficult to get a shop up and running.
    i think there would be more money to be made and it would chop these grabbing turds off at the knees.

  • #108445

    TF_Oggy
    Member

    That wouldnt stop it Dirk. People would still buy off Ebay at fixed prices then auction them off.

  • #108451

    Wheely can you vary the day and time you put floats up for Mick?

    Any chance of blocking the buy and resell people from buying in the future?

  • #108452

    TF_Gary
    Member

    Why doesn’t MW just charge more in the first place so that there is no arbitrage opportunity?

  • #108454

    TF_andy cranes mate
    Participant

    @gary wrote:

    Why doesn’t MW just charge more in the first place so that there is no arbitrage opportunity?

    I was thinking that. ~clap ~clap ~clap

  • #108456

    TF_Oggy
    Member

    @gary wrote:

    Why doesn’t MW just charge more in the first place so that there is no arbitrage opportunity?

    Why should I have to pay more for my floats because some one wants to make a quick buck?

  • #108457

    TF_Gary
    Member

    @oggy wrote:

    @gary wrote:

    Why doesn’t MW just charge more in the first place so that there is no arbitrage opportunity?

    Why should I have to pay more for my floats because some one wants to make a quick buck?

    Demand and supply! Surely you don’t need a Cambridge economics degree to understand that?

  • #108459

    TF_MarkT
    Member

    Wilkie floats don’t go for that much ebay these days, it’s not like it was when use to go for silly money. At most they go for an extra couple of squid.

  • #108460

    just bought five from some famous artist cheers piccaso~clap ~clap

  • #108474

    I do think Mark is spot on. Over time as Mick produces more floats and they become more common place then the price is gradually dropping. If it keeps dropping then I am not sure it will be worth such artists buying and reselling.

  • #108478

    nw wrong end of the stick, purchased at the right price hence the praise of clapping from a geniune artist not a rip off one

  • #108490

    @proper tidal boy wrote:

    nw wrong end of the stick, purchased at the right price hence the praise of clapping from a geniune artist not a rip off one

    fair play TB

  • #108544

    Dave – not quite the same problem but you can get all of the “similar to Mick Wilkinson” listings removed by reporting them for keyword spamming. Ebay will remove them pretty quickly if you also send them an email threatening to take action.

  • #108546

    @dirkdiggler wrote:

    why not just sell them on ebay directly?
    it is’nt difficult to get a shop up and running.
    i think there would be more money to be made and it would chop these grabbing turds off at the knees.

    Ebay charge 10% on everything you sell…Dick Turpin?!?!?!

    @NW Cut Angler wrote:

    Wheely can you vary the day and time you put floats up for Mick?

    Any chance of blocking the buy and resell people from buying in the future?

    We try to vary the times but at the moment Tuesdays and Fridays fit best into our schedule.

    @gary wrote:

    Why doesn’t MW just charge more in the first place so that there is no arbitrage opportunity?

    We feel we are positioned in the market at the right level. Increasing charges may have a negative affect.

    @Happy Dangler wrote:

    Dave – not quite the same problem but you can get all of the “similar to Mick Wilkinson” listings removed by reporting them for keyword spamming. Ebay will remove them pretty quickly if you also send them an email threatening to take action.

    We report anything like that on a regular basis.

  • #108559

    As long as there is software available to track website changes it doesn’t matter when they are put online.

    Wilkies are easy to get like this and that might be where the problem lies

  • #108569

    @justin case wrote:

    As long as there is software available to track website changes it doesn’t matter when they are put online.

    Wilkies are easy to get like this and that might be where the problem lies

    Interesting Justin. Did not know you could do that.

    Wheely just to let you know I have bought a lot of Mick’s floats but being from Wigan I am not the Naz from Wigan who seems to sell a lot on ebay. Emma Jayne from Northampton seems a big Ebay seller too.

  • #108570

    Both bought in bulk…..again nothing we can do.

  • #108574

    Oh and NW Cutangler……I know it`s not you. As I am admin on MW Floats and here I know who most people are ~shh ~shh

    I also know how many orders they have had….does your wife? lol

  • #108575

    TF_buygoodtackle
    Participant

    @Wheely Crap Angler wrote:

    @dirkdiggler wrote:

    why not just sell them on ebay directly?
    it is’nt difficult to get a shop up and running.
    i think there would be more money to be made and it would chop these grabbing turds off at the knees.

    Ebay charge 10% on everything you sell…Dick Turpin?!?!?!

    Dave then why not include that in the e-bay price (multiply the price by 10 and divide by 9)- this will then preserve your profit margins and also nip the other trade in the bud.

  • #108577

    @Wheely Crap Angler wrote:

    Oh and NW Cutangler……I know it`s not you. As I am admin on MW Floats and here I know who most people are ~shh ~shh

    I also know how many orders they have had….does your wife? lol

    ~think LoL and if she ever finds out it will be ex wife. Mick shouldn’t have improved his floats 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.