Winters Here !

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing Winters Here !

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TF_Paddy 3 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Just got back from the muck heap to get red worm . it’s firkin freezing !! 😮

TF_dendra

Just been out doing the same,saw a gap in the rain,got on top of heap and heavens opened again.Horrible,glad I wasn’t out today.

TF_Paddy

It was pretty cold loading the car this morning at 6.30 and when the rain came, man did it throw it down.
    The fishing was superb though as the lake i fished, fished its nuts off.
    Ended up with 34 Crucians, 6 Bream, 2 Tench, 1 Perch and 3 Carp.
    Highlight of the day was a PB Crucian of 2lb 8oz which was a super fish.
    All caught on 4mm JPZ’s.

Good fishing that Paddy . What a super fish the Crucian . Crafty critter and shy biting . around Redditch where I live there were lots of small pools , with them in . They were good places to learn as a kid . Flour paste with custard powder and dyed pink !!! Got me a few . Sadly many have been filled in and built on . Wede have emptied it on pellets . :p :p :p

TF_Paddy

I love em Paul. I like how they are shy biting and you do have to get the depth right on day, dont you think?
    I fished a peg under a Hawthorne bush today and the berry’s were dropping off into the water.
    Out of curiosity i picked a couple up, hooked one and bingo, had a Crucian! Had another bite on the other one and missed it!
    I have caught on Elderberries before, but never Hawthorne, but i suppose there another food source naturally at this timeof year.
    I remember a couple of pools on old industrial wasteland in Darlaston where i was born and they also had good Crucian in them, but alas, they were filled in as well.

Paddy I haven’t tried Hawthorne berries . We always think fish want soft baits , but look at hard banded pellets ! boilies , hempseed . When you stop trying stuff you stop learning . Many years ago there was a match at Longleat . I watched an angler feeding castors and catching beautifully crucians when those around were not . I saw the sun shine through the bait on his hook ! And thought it a bunch of bloodworm . He kindly showed me strings of strawberry jelly he cut with a sharp blade . I then went on to win a carp match at Lodge Pool in Reddich . Never pursued it much further but tried alsort . Love it , so do you .!!!!! Keep thinking . 😉 😉 😉 :p

TF_Paddy

[attachment=0:3il14ert]IMG-20141108-00098.jpg[/attachment:3il14ert]

TF_Paddy

Im trying to post a piccy of that Crucian, but having problems…….. :confused:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.