FISHING & MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 25/1/15
STARLETS VETS (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 10 – 8 Peg 15
Skimmers on Pole & Pinkies
2. Pat Clark (Lime Tree Social) 7 -12
3. Phill Hull (Lanes Bait) 4 – 3
WEDNESDAY OPEN (MOLANDS)
1. Danny Tresigne (Colmic) 49 -10 Peg 46
F1’s on Pole & Pellet
2. Adam Wakelin (Preston Innovations) 46 -10
3. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 10 – 8
1. Keith Winn (Lanes Bait) 22 – 8 Peg 2 CRESCENT
Skimmers, Roach & Rudd on Pole & Maggot
2. Andy Saunders (Packington Vets) 13 -14
3. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 13 – 0
4. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 11 -14
SATURDAY OPEN (MOLANDS)
1. Greg Satchell (Packington) 9 -14 Peg 17
2. Jamie Clarkson (Packington) 9 – 0
3. Eddie Keene (COVPAC) 6 – 8
RIDGEMERE AC (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Ian Tegg 7 -12 Peg 10
Skimmers on Pole & Maggot
2. Phil Hull 4 – 7
3. Keith Nall 4 – 6
SOLIHULL ANGLING SILVER LEAGUE
1. Dave Armstrong (Warwick) 14 -14 Peg 39
Tench, Skimmers & Roach
2. Tony Moreton (Preston Innovations) 10 -13
3. Pete Brown (Maypole) 10 -10
4. John Burchell (Packington) 8 – 4
SUNDAY OPEN (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Paul Alder (Solihull Angling) 21 – 0 Peg 15
F1’s on Pellet Feeder
2. Susie Smith (Kobra Feeders) 9 -14
3. Roger Atkins (Solihull Angling) 8 -12
MOLANDS It has been a tough week on all of the pools with heavy frosts seeing the pools frozen for much of the week. F1’s and skimmers have provided the best sport on Molands with long pole at 14 -15 metres or more with maggot or pellet the top bait. Best pegs have been 15, 19, 23, 27, 43 – 47 and 55 – 58.
GEARYS The very shallow Gearys has been affected by the cold but the skimmers have been showing around the pool with fish to 3lb in nets to 15lb. Pole fished pinkies, red maggot or caster over ground bait has been the top baits. The high bank from pegs 10 – 13 or the far side on 31 – 40 have been the best areas.
LITTLE GEARYS Most of the matches this week have seen the anglers having to break the ice and the normally very consistent Little Gearys has been in quite poor form. Skimmers in the 4oz – 10oz mark have given the best chance of action with only the odd F1’s as bonus fish. Pole fished pellet has been the best tactic with pegs 7 – 15 the best area.
WILLOW Waggler with pellet or punched bread fished up to the island has been catching a few F1’s and small carp. Pole and pellet or maggot is working for skimmers fishing down the middle of the pool.
CRESCENT This small pool has been the most consistent through the cold spell with nets of silvers to 20lb on pole/waggler and maggot or caster. The odd carp coming to bread dobbed along the far bank with fish to 8lb caught on this tactic.
SATURDAY 31st JANUARY – OPEN – MOLANDS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm.
SUNDAY 1st FEBRUARY – WINTER LEAGUE
EVERY WEDNESDAY – OPEN – LITTLE GEARYS.
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm.
SEASON TICKETS ARE NOW AVAILABLE WITH THE PRICE AT £170 FOR A FULL TICKET AND £150 FOR A CONCESSIONARY TICKET.
FISHERY OPENING TIMES
THE FISHERY CURRENTLY OPENS AT 7.30am AND CLOSES AT DUSK. WINTER PRICES ARE £6.00 FOR A FULL DAY TICKET AND £4.50 FOR A CONCESSION TICKET.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE
TO FIND DETAILS OF MATCHES FOR THE MONTH (ON THE WEBSITE) PLEASE CLICK ON THE MONTH CONCERNED, ie JANUARY 2015.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on www.packingtonestate.net Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).