PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
Telephone: 01676 523833
FISHING & MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 5/4/15
STARLETS VETS (MOLANDS/LITTLE GEARYS/WILLOW/GRATUITIES)
1. Alan Dolby (Lanes Bait) 61 -11 Peg 50 MOLANDS
F1’s on Pole & Caster
2. Keith Winn (Lanes Bait) 54 -14
3. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 48 – 5
4. Dave Longford (Ridgemere) 47 – 0
WEDNESDAY SOLIHULL ANGLING OPEN
1. John Burchell (Packington) 77 – 0 Peg 57
F1’s on Pole & Pellet
2. Shane Whittaker (Packington) 75 – 2
3. Chris Newton (Smithys) 72 – 6
4. John Adamson (Alvechurch) 71 -13
PACKINGTON VETS (LITTLE GEARYS/SIBLINGS A & B)
1. John Butler (Packington) 49 -14 Peg 8 SIBLINGS B
F1’s on Short Pole & Pellet
2. Terry Gibbons (Packington) 41 – 3
3. Dave Duggan (Dams & Locks) 39 -14
3. Pete Turner (Packington Vets) 39 -14
IAN KEYWOOD ‘50th’ BIRTHDAY MATCH
1. Trevor Houghham (Solihull Angling) 58 – 4
2. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 42 -14
3. Andy Wooding (Solihull Angling 39 -12
4. Darren MillsPackington) 38 – 8
SATURDAY OPEN (GEARYS)
1. Max Higgot (Team Makins) 59 – 1 Peg 18
Carp on Method & Meat
2. Gary Lakin (Fishing Lodge) 41 -14
3. Dave Elliott (Packington) 32 – 8
4. Jamie Clarkson (Packington) 31 -11
SUNDAY OPEN (MOLANDS)
1. Max Higgot (Team Makins) 51 – 6 Peg 27
Carp & F1’s on Method & Meat
2. Steve White (Kobra Feeders) 42 – 7
3. R Jackomystitch (Tusses Tackle) 39 -14
4. Pete Black (Kings Heath Tackle) 37 – 1
MOLANDS The fishing has been very good for most of the week with big F1’s, carp and skimmers showing on most areas. Pole fished hard pellet long at 13 metres either on the deck or half depths have been working well for F1’s. Fishing down the margin has been getting better with big F1’s to nearly 6lb being caught on caster, pellet or maggot fished around two feet of water down the edge. The most consistent area has been around pegs 40 – 48 but good catches are being taken from around the pool.
GEARYS There has been a definite improvement in the sport over the past week with carp showing all around the pool with some decent fish being caught. Carp anglers fishing boilies or the straight lead have had carp to 19lb this week with fish to 15lb+ seen in matches. Plenty of smaller fish in the 1 – 4lb showing as well with pellet feeder or pole fished pellet being the best approach for these. Top pegs are 7 – 12, 18 – 23, 30 – 32 and 36.
LITTLE GEARYS In good form this week with plenty of fish being caught from all areas. F1’s to 4lb, carp to 6lb, skimmers and crucians have been showing to pole and pellet/caster or a small pellet feeder. Now the weather has warmed up more fish are starting to show so fish shallow with pellet at 8 – 13 metres fished up to 18 inches deep. Top pegs 3, 5, 7 – 10, 21, and 28 – 30.
GRATUITIES The wind pushed the carp to the one end with fish being caught on pellet waggler or pellet feeder on pegs 6 – 9. Crucians, skimmers, tench and the odd carp are being caught on long pole with expander pellet or caster fished over micros working best for mixed nets.
WILLOW Pellet waggler with 6mm hard pellet has worked well this week for F1’s and carp to 4lb. Pole down the edge with dead maggot or corn has accounted for the better carp with fish to 8lb coming to this.
ANNIVERSARIES The fishing was hard at the start of the week but by the weekend F1’s were showing in big numbers with the pegs from 12 – 17 in terrific form. Short pole with pellet or maggot was the best tactic.
SIBLINGS A (Doughnut). This pool fished very patchily with the pegs from 15 – 21 showing in the best form and F1’s, carp and skimmers coming to long pole with pellet or maggot fished over micros.
SIBLINGS B (Horseshoe). The best pool this week with catches of F1’s to 100lb+ being caught on pole and pellet fished either long to the far bank or short at 3 – 6 metres.
SATURDAY 11th APRIL- OPEN – MOLANDS
Draw 9am, fish 10am to 3pm.
SUNDAY 12th APRIL- OPEN – GEARYS
Draw 9am, fish 10am to 3pm.
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING OPEN – MOLANDS
Draw 1pm, fish 2pm to 7pm.
EVERY WEDNESDAY – TONY’S OPEN – LITTLE GEARYS
Draw 9.15am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm.
SEASON TICKETS ARE NOW AVAILABLE WITH THE PRICE AT £170 FOR A FULL TICKET AND £150 FOR A CONCESSIONARY TICKET.
FISHERY OPENING TIMES
THE FISHERY OPENS AT 7am FROM MARCH 1st AND CLOSES AT DUSK (8pm). PRICES ARE £8.50 FOR A FULL DAY TICKET AND £6.50 FOR A CONCESSION TICKET.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE
TO FIND DETAILS OF MATCHES FOR THE MONTH (ON THE WEBSITE) PLEASE CLICK ON THE MONTH CONCERNED, ie APRIL 2015.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on www.packingtonestate.net Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).