Telephone: 01676 523833FISHING & MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 9/12/12
PACKINGTON STARLETS VETS (GEARYS/ANIVERSARIES/WILLOW/GRATUITIES)
1. Dave Duggan (Dams & Locks) 17 – 5 Peg 3 WILLOW F1s on Feeder & Maggot 2. Ray Quiney (Packington) 10 – 2
3. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 8 – 9
4. Norman Davies (Packington) 8 – 7
PACKINGTON VETS v STAFF CHRISTMAS MATCH(MOLANDS)
1. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 5 – 2 Peg 9 Roach on Worm
2. Ade Joyce (Packington staff) 3 – 22.
Mick Roberts (Packington staff) 3 – 24.
Pete Bird (Packington Vets) 2 – 2
1. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 9 – 2 Peg 9 Skimmers on Pole & Pinkies
2. Steve Porter (Team Maryuku) 7 – 8
3. John Newton (Smithys AC) 7 – 6
4. Ray Quiney (Packington) 6 -13
PACKINGTON CHRISTMAS MATCH(MOLANDS/GEARYS/LITTLE GEARYS/WILLOW/GRATUITIES)
1. John Batey (Packington Vets) 34 – 5 Peg 7 LITTLE GEARYS Three Carp on Bread & F1’s on Bando Feeder & Dead Maggot
2. Steve Edwards (Packington) 31 -11 Peg 44 MOLANDS
3. Alan Hill (Beaufort AC) 24 – 6
4. Roy Beasley (Packington) 20 – 2
5. Dave Smith (Fishing Lodge) 19 – 8
MOLANDS A very cold week saw most of the pools frozen up until Saturday, where a milder spell caused the ice to disappear in time for the Christmas Match on Sunday.
Generally the fishing has been very difficult with most of the fishing done through holes in the ice.
Things improved for Sunday’s match and most of the 90 anglers caught something. John Batey of Water Orton won with a 34lb bag on peg 7 from Little Gearys consisting of three carp to 7lb caught on bread from under the bush on the pole and then topped it up with F1’s on a bando feeder and dead reds fished across to the island.
Little Gearys fished the best of all the pools with F1’s showing on most pegs to feeder tactics.
On Molands, the Vets match against the staff was held on Thursday and things were really tight with every angler having to break the ice but as usual the Vets triumphed with one of their team ‘pipping’ the staff effort by a close 1lb margin.
Things picked up at the weekend with catches just over 30lb on the Christmas match with a few carp showing but most of the nets have made up of either quality roach or F1’s.
Gearys has been very hard but fair with catches to 10lb best this week with small skimmers or pole and pinkies/maggot/caster best.
Roach provided the best chance of sport on both Gratuities and Anniversaries with the odd bonus tench or small carp. Pole fished maggot or pinkies over ground bait has been the best tactic on both pools.
SATURDAY 15th DECEMBER – OPEN – MOLANDSDraw 9am, fish 10am to 3pm
SUNDAY 16th DECEMBER – WINTER LEAGUEGEARYS/LITTLE GEARYS/GRATUITIES
EVERY WEDNESDAY – OPEN – LITTLE GEARYSDraw 9am, fish 10.30 am to 3.30pm.
PLEASE NOTE: WINTER HOURS ARE 7.30am UNTIL 5pm/DUSKPRICES ARE £5.50 FOR A DAY TICKET OR £4.50 FOR A CONCESSIONARY TICKET.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on www.packingtonestate.net