FISHING & MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 1/12/13
(MOLANDS & WILLOW)
1. Dave Chapman (Warwick) 29 – 4 Peg 1 WILLOW Carp, Crucians & Skimmers on Pole & Pellet
2 Dave Howl (Lanes Bait) 28 – 0
3. Joe Roberts (Kamasan Starlets) 18 – 4
4. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 16 – 2
1. John Stockton (Barford AA) 31 – 0 Peg 29 F1’s on Pole & Pellet 2. Jamie Clarkson (Packington) 23 – 2
3. Steve Edwards (Packington) 16 -12
4. Pete Heaven (Greyhound) 13 -14
(LITTLE GEARYS/WILLOW & GRATUITIES)
1. Dave Howl (Lanes Bait) 51 – 2 Peg 1 GRATUITIES Carp & Tench on Pole & Caster
2. Graham Swift (Packington) 36 – 4
3. Billy Hawkes (Packington) 26 -11
4. Brian Cartridge (Packington) 23 -14
1. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 25 – 4 Peg 48 F1’s & Tench on Pole & Caster
2. Chris Newton (Smithys) 18 -15
3. Mark Downes (Kamasan Starlets) 17 – 8
4. John Newton (Smithys) 15 -14
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE SILVER FISH LEAGUE
1. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 9 -14 Peg 15 Crucians on Pole & Caster
2. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 6 -14
3. John Welham (Miracle Baits) 6 -11
4. Pat Clark (Lime Tree Social) 6 – 9
FINAL LEAGUE POSITIONS
1. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 4 points
2. Brian Burton (Stirrup Cup) 5 points
3. Dave Duggan (Dams & Locks) 8 points
4. Richard Huston (Stirrup Cup) 8 points
5. John Burchell (Packington) 9 points
MOLANDS The fishing improved a little over the last week with F1’s showing better and they are still spread around the pool. The clear water means that lighter lines are a must with caster, red maggot, pinkies and expander pellet fished at 10 – 13 metres is the best tactic. Top pegs are 4, 10, 12, 17, 27, 43 – 46 and 52 – 56.
GEARYS It has been a very quiet week on Gearys with only anglers fishing along the high bank where skimmers and roach are showing well. Long pole with caster or red maggot fished over ground bait is the top tactic and a small cage feeder fished at 25 metres is a good alternative.
LITTLE GEARYS Match weights to over 30lb have been best this week with the fishing a little disappointing. F1’s and skimmers are giving the best chance of sport with long pole and pellet the best tactic. The middle pegs on each straight have been best with pegs 7 – 12 and 25 – 29 the top areas.
GRATUITIES The corner pegs 1, 8, 9 and 15 have been the top pegs and some decent catches came off last week with bags of tench and carp to over 50lb. Chopped worm and caster are accounting for the better catches with expander pellet or dead reds also working.
WILLOW Willow is fishing well for the time of year with anglers catching plenty of fish on most pegs. Pole with maggot, caster or small pellet is catching mixed nets of skimmers, roach, crucians, F1’s and the odd tench. Feeder fished tight to the island is working better for the bigger carp and F1’s.
SATURDAY 7th DECEMBER – OPEN – MOLANDS Draw 9am, fish 10am to 3pm.
SUNDAY 8th DECEMBER – WINTER LEAGUE – MOLANDS AND LITTLE GEARYS EVERY WEDNESDAY – TONY’S OPEN – LITTLE GEARYSDraw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE.
THE FISHERY IS NOW OPEN AT 7.30am AND CLOSES AT 5pm.
FROM NOVEMBER 1st – FEBRUARY 28th 2014 –DAY TICKET PRICES WILL BE £6.00 AND £4.50 CONCESSION.
THIS YEAR THE CHRISTMAS MATCH WILL BE HELD ON SUNDAY 15th DECEMBER. TICKETS COST £8.00 WHICH WILL INCLUDE A PRIZE FOR ALL TAKING PART. THE MATCH WILL BE HELD ON:MOLANDS/GEARYS/LITTLE GEARYS/WILLOW/GRATUITIES
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on www.packingtonestate.net