FISHING & MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 22/9/13
(GEARYS & LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Joe Roberts (Kamasan Starlets) 40 – 0 Peg 12 GEARYS Skimmers on Pole & Worm
2 Ron Savage (Lanes Baits) 36 – 4
3. John Smith (Packington Vets) 35 – 6
4. Keith Wynn (Lanes Bait) 33 – 0
WEDNESDAY SOLIHULL ANGLING OPEN
1. John Burchell (Packington) 77 – 0 Peg 60 F1’s on Pole & Pellet
2. John Adamson (Packington) 62 – 7
3. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 58 – 6
4. Ray Quiney (Packington) 55 – 1
1. Bryan Mason 60 – 0 Peg 18 Carp on Lead & Pellet
2. Keith Webb 54 – 2
3. Ron Brown 45 – 0
4. Ray Hassam 42 – 0
1. Jamie Clarkson (Packington) 51 -12 Peg 7 F1’s Shallow Pole & Pellet
2. Tony Musticone (Alvechurch) 37 -15
3. John Stockton (Barford AA) 27 – 3
1. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 48 – 2 Peg 21 F1’s & Skimmers on Pole & Maggot 2. Dave Duggan (Dams & Locks) 46 -14
3. Eddie Keene (COVPAC) 39 – 8 4. Bernie Ward (Packington) 36 -14
1. Ian Lillystone 52 -13 Peg 12
2. Dean Young 47 – 8
3. Steve Bowen 46 – 4
4. M Pardoe 36 – 8
ROYAL OAK AC
1. Neil Russell 95 -12 Peg 31 Carp on Method & Pellet
2. Wayne Sharman 88 – 8
3. Phil Hull 50 – 2
4. Carl Barnforth 48 -12
1. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 70 -10 Peg 7 Carp on Bomb & Pellet
2. Steve White (Kobra Feeders) 61 -12
3. Suzy Smith (Kobra Feeders) 43 – 6
4. Paul Hunter (Paulsfodder) 40 -10
1. Gary Booth (Smithys/Colmic) 59 -14 Peg 5 F1’s on Pole & Worm
2. Suzy Smith (Kobra Feeders) 46 – 2
3. Chris Newton (Smithys Tackle) 46 – 2
4. Jacko (Tusses Tackle) 37 – 8
1. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 39 – 5 Peg 27 F1’s & Carp on Bomb & Pellet
2. Jim Wyatt (Packington) 31 -11
3. Arthur Powell (Packington) 26 -11
MOLANDS A real mixed week with Molands fishing well one day then hard the next although it did become a little more consistent at the weekend. Matches to over 70lb this week with various tactics working but pole with hard pellet fished on the deck or shallow was working on most areas. Pinging 8mm pellets and fishing the bomb or waggler over the top is also producing good nets of F1’s and a few carp into double figures. Best pegs are 2, 8, 12, 17 – 19, 27 – 29, 44 – 48 and 54 – 60.
GEARYS This pool is still a little patchy with good weights coming off a few pegs and then harder around other parts of the pool. Weights to over 90lb in matches with some large fish showing at the moment and the best weighed in during a match was an 18lb 12oz mirror. Method feeder fished to the middle stumps or close to an island feature has been the best this week with dead reds, pellet or meat on the hook. Top pegs 10 – 13,16 – 20, 29 – 31 and 36.
LITTLE GEARYS Weights have dropped on Little Gearys with 50 – 60lb needed to win this week with plenty of 30 – 40lb catches and hard back ups. Chopped worm and caster or pellet fished short have been the better tactics although a small pellet feeder fished across has been good on some pegs. The better catches have been to where the wind is blowing to with 13 – 21 good early in the week but 1 – 9 has been better at the weekend.
GRATUITIES Carp in the 2 – 4lb bracket are making up the bulk of the catches and it fished well through the week only to go very hard at the weekend. Pellet feeder fished to the island has been the best tactic followed by pole and pellet or caster. Best pegs 1, 6, 8, 9 and 15.
ANNIVERSARIES Fished very hard this week with the better fish not going very well at all. Plenty of skimmers and crucians showing but catches to 30lb were best, on pole and pellet, caster or meat.
WILLOW Like the other pools, fished a little up and down this week. There were some decent catches of carp and F1’s coming to the pellet feeder fished to the island with punched bread or dead maggot on the hook and also long pole with maggot fished over ground bait worked well on some pegs. Pegs 3 – 6 have been the most consistent area.
SIBLINGS For many anglers it was decent sized carp but the skimmers and tench were not playing ball for the most part. There were quite a few carp caught in the 8 – 12lb bracket along with the odd bigger specimens and float fished corn down the inside margins was the best tactic for them.
SATURDAY 28th SEPTEMBER – OPEN – GEARYS Draw 9am, fish 10am to 3pm.
SUNDAY 29th SEPTEMBER – OPEN – MOLANDS Draw 9am, fish 10am to 3pm.
EVERY WEDNESDAY – TONY’S OPEN – LITTLE GEARYSDraw 9.15am, fish 10.30 am to 3.30pm.
WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN – MOLANDSPLEASE NOTE – This week draw time will be 12.30pm, fish 1.30pm to 6.30pm.
SOLIHULL ANGLING SILVER FISH LEAGUE
There will be a short Autumn League on Molands starting October 6th with four matches, all on Molands. These will be silver fish only (carp and F1’s not counting).
Entry cost £20.00 and £20.00 per match and the best 3 matches will count.
Dates are Sunday October 6th, Sunday November 3rd, Sunday November 17th and Sunday December 1st.
Booking is either at Solihull Angling Centre or at the Fishery.
This years Winter League starts on Sunday 27th October. The format has changed a little with all the matches being fished on Molands and Little Gearys and there will be nine matches in all. There will be a £1000 1st prize again this year providing at least 40 anglers enter. Cost will be £60 which pays £20 to league and £20 for first match and £20 for last match. Each round in between will be £20. For further details contact the fishery.
FROM JULY 1st, THE FISHERY WILL NOT BE SUPPLYING KEEPNETS FOR MATCHES. ANGLERS MUST PROVIDE THEIR OWN NETS. THERE WILL BE A 60lb MAXIMUM WEIGHT LIMIT AND NETS MUST BE LAID OUT BEHIND ANGLERS UNTIL 15 MINUTES BEFORE THE MATCH STARTS.
SEASON TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE AT A REDUCED RATE.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE. THE FISHERY IS NOW OPEN AT 7am AND CLOSES AT DUSK.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on www.packingtonestate.net