PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
Telephone: 01676 523833
FISHING & MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 18/1/15
(GRATUITIES/WILLOW/LITTLE GEARYS/REEDY BAY)
1. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 49 – 6 Peg 16 GRATUITIES
Carp & Skimmers on Pole & Maggot
2. Colin West (Tornadoes AC) 35 – 8
3. Roy Reece (Packington Vets) 25 – 9
4. Phil Barron (Packington Vets) 24 -13
WEDNESDAY OPEN (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Adam Wakelin (Preston Innovations) 50 – 4 Peg 10
F1’s on Pole & Maggot
2. Dan Wooding (Solihull Angling) 26 – 2
3. Susie Smith (Kobra Feeders) 23 – 9
PACKINGTON VETS (MOLANDS)
1. Keith Winn (Lanes Bait) 25 – 9 Peg 58
F1’s & Roach on Pole & Caster
2. Brian Overton (Packington) 24 -13
3. Roger Atkins (Solihull Angling) 20 – 6
4. John Smith (Packington Vets) 17 – 1
SATURDAY OPEN (MOLANDS)
1. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 33 – 9 Peg 44
Carp, F1’s & Skimmers on Pole & Maggot
2. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Bait) 30 -14
3. Dave Markham (Packington) 24 – 0
4. Lee Marlow (Corby) 14 – 5
WINTER LEAGUE – ROUND 6
1. Jamie Evans (Solihull Angling) 21 – 0 Peg 25 MOLANDS
F1’s on Pole & Bread
1. John Burchell (Packington) 21 – 0 Peg 47 MOLANDS
F1’S & Skimmers on Pole & Pellet
3. Roger Atkins (Solihull Angling) 16 -10
4. Steve Bowen (Maver) 16 – 5
1. Lee Richards (Packington) 14 Points
2. John Newton (Smithys) 19 Points
3. Matt Brayfield (Gone Fishing) 26 Points
4. Jamie Clarkson (Packington) 28 Points
MOLANDS Another week where the fishing has been affected by big frosts and by the end of the week ice breaking was needed to fish. During the early part of the week, Molands was in decent form for the time of year with catches to 40lb+ of mainly F1’s and skimmers with the odd tench and carp coming out. Pole fished maggot, caster or expander pellet has been the best approach.
GEARYS Regular visitor Johnny Johnson of Birmingham has been fishing the bomb and bread out to the middle stumps accounting for a few carp with his best day last week seeing him catch nine fish to 12lb. The ice at the weekend affected the fishing with roach and skimmers giving reasonable sport on some pegs, particularly along the high bank from 1 – 11. Float fished maggot, pinkies or caster has worked best.
LITTLE GEARYS A bit better through the week with catches to 50lb of F1’s being caught and decent sport on most pegs. Cold weather at the weekend saw catches plummet but the F1’s were still willing to feed on some areas. Pole and maggot are working best and 9 – 15 or 26 – 30 were the best areas.
GRATUITIES The carp were having a go early in the week but by the weekend it was frozen completely. Caster or maggot fished down the margins on pegs 1, 15 and 16 has seen good nets of carp, skimmers and big perch before the ice came.
WILLOW The only pool not to freeze over and anglers have enjoyed reasonable success over the past week. F1’s and small carp are being caught on waggler with banded hard pellet or punched bread fished out to the island.
SATURDAY 24th JANUARY – OPEN – MOLANDS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm.
SUNDAY 25th JANUARY – OPEN – LITTLE GEARYS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm
SUNDAY 25th JANUARY – SOLIHULL ANGLING SILVER FISH LEAGUE
EVERY WEDNESDAY – OPEN – LITTLE GEARYS.
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm.
SEASON TICKETS ARE NOW AVAILABLE WITH THE PRICE AT £170 FOR A FULL TICKET AND £150 FOR A CONCESSIONARY TICKET.
FISHERY OPENING TIMES
THE FISHERY CURRENTLY OPENS AT 7.30am AND CLOSES AT DUSK. WINTER PRICES ARE £6.00 FOR A FULL DAY TICKET AND £4.50 FOR A CONCESSION TICKET.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE
TO FIND DETAILS OF MATCHES FOR THE MONTH (ON THE WEBSITE) PLEASE CLICK ON THE MONTH CONCERNED, ie JANUARY 2015.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on www.packingtonestate.net Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).